GUILTY COSTA RICA - Carla Stefaniak, 36, American tourist, San Antonio de Escazú, 27 Nov 2018

In all the MSM reports I have not seen mention of other guests at the hotel when Carla was there. Since it is located in a remote area, I wonder how booked up the place was. My guess is her room was only 1 of a few that were occupied. Despite the weather and power outage, I would think someone would have heard and/or seen something if the place had a lot of guests.

So shocking on her birthday, and right before the holidays.

This monster just decides to randomly kill her? WTH?

Like mentioned above he probably tried to sleep with her. She was a beautiful, curvy woman and he's probably had her eye on her from the very beginning. Since the room was rented out immediately afterward, he door wasn't forced open. Like she told her friend, she probably asked him for the water, he went and got it and when he finally got this opportunity to be face to face with her and nobody around he probably tried to flirt a little bit. And when that failed he probably grabbed her and dragged her to either his room or hers ( I think I read there was blood in both rooms). As people emotionally tied to this case cause of this thread, we can only hope she died quickly and didn't suffer. We may never know if she was actually raped or not. It's heartbreaking to consider how horrific her last moments could be... especially near her birthday... near the holidays.

As outsiders, we don't really know who these missing people are, the kinds of persons they are. But no one deserves to die like this.... alone and afraid.

In all the MSM reports I have not seen mention of other guests at the hotel when Carla was there. Since it is located in a remote area, I wonder how booked up the place was. My guess is her room was only 1 of a few that were occupied. Despite the weather and power outage, I would think someone would have heard and/or seen something if the place had a lot of guests.

We don't' know if the stabbing came first ...or the blunt trauma. We can assume it was the stabbing, cause of the ones to her arms in defense... but it could of just been an errant strike on his part. If he hits on her, gets turned down and he hits her in the head... incapacitating her... there's no scream.

As she lay there bleeding ... does it hit him that he's done this nothing?

Or is he so sick in the head that seeing her so severely injured not stop him from doing what he came there for?

I did read an article that stated the complex was closed, and that the owner said other guests had left , and also remember that "a remaining individual" had also left...something to that effect.....I will try to find the article. I wonder if these people have been questioned as to what they may have seen or heard.

We don't' know if the stabbing came first ...or the blunt trauma. We can assume it was the stabbing, cause of the ones to her arms in defense... but it could of just been an errant strike on his part. If he hits on her, gets turned down and he hits her in the head... incapacitating her... there's no scream.

As she lay there bleeding ... does it hit him that he's done this nothing?

Or is he so sick in the head that seeing her so severely injured not stop him from doing what he came there for?

RBBM

Entirely possible.

When will we as women feel safe in this world? I do not. I do not walk down my street alone. I do not leave the house after dark. I only go out with groups of friends and never leave anyone alone. I hope I don't have a daughter, I will be scared for her to play outside or go to school, or do ANYTHING alone. Why do some men feel the need to take us from the world for their own selfish needs? I am ANGRY.

My bad...

A partially decomposed body was found Monday about 300 yards from the apartment complex where Stefaniak...

Carla Stefaniak's father identifies body found in Costa Rica as his daughter - CNN

I've seen everything from 1000 yards to 100 yards. It seems to be a situation where the reporters are too lazy to confirm the facts.

I agree that it would be challenging to move her body, presumably already wrapped in plastic, some distance from the Airbnb. Maybe there's a wheelbarrow at the property? It's possible that he used something to move her that distance.

I still wonder who called in the anonymous tip to search the area behind the property. Did the other guest hear something at night, noise coming from that direction? A shovel striking stone? At night that sound would carry far.

Or, did the security guard who came at six saw drag marks or wheelbarrow marks leading behind the property and put two and two together? Or a back gate was left open?

Just wondering, what made that person say "Search there"?

I still wonder who called in the anonymous tip to search the area behind the property. Did the other guest hear something at night, noise coming from that direction? A shovel striking stone? At night that sound would carry far.

Or, did the security guard who came at six saw drag marks or wheelbarrow marks leading behind the property and put two and two together? Or a back gate was left open?

Just wondering, what made that person say "Search there"?

I read that they decided to search the property with dogs after blood was discovered in her room.

My heart goes out to her family and friends, and of course to her dying horribly. I also feel for the perps wife and children, if they are in Nicaragua and were surviving on his pay, they too are victims. I hope if he did it, he rots in prison. How are the prisons in Costa Rica? Does anyone know? I hope they are horrid. IMHO

Police suspect sexual motive behind Hallandale woman's killing in Costa Rica

Traces of blood and other forensic evidence appear to show 36-year-old Carla Stefaniak was attacked in Apartment No. 8 of the Airbnb rental where she stayed near San Jose.

Costa Rican officials arrested 32-year-old Bismark Espinosa Martinez, a guard at the resort near the Costa Rican capital. The guard lived next door, in Apartment No. 7, and was detained Monday night. It looks like his “motive is sexual” in nature, said Walter Espinoza, director general of Costa Rica’s Judicial Investigation Department, at a news conference Wednesday.

[..]

Also Wednesday, police said they haven’t been able to find some of Stefaniak’s belongings, including her luggage. Police said they’ll decide whether they can at some point release photographs of her luggage so the public could help.

(bbm)

When will we as women feel safe in this world? I do not. I do not walk down my street alone. I do not leave the house after dark. I only go out with groups of friends and never leave anyone alone. I hope I don't have a daughter, I will be scared for her to play outside or go to school, or do ANYTHING alone. Why do some men feel the need to take us from the world for their own selfish needs? I am ANGRY.

You have EVERY right to be angry. I post here in waves... and other times I have to take off for weeks at a time because its so disheartening to come here and read how women/girls can be minding their business, and then a selfish sicko looks at them...and their lives are over in a heartbeat. How many women will not come home this month because some loser treasures their own 20 seconds of selfishness over another one's entire lifespan. Look at the little 13 YO from North Carolina (Hania). She will never get to graduate, walk down the aisle of her wedding, have a family, nor grow old with her loved ones... just because some man wanted a few minutes of pleasure.

I have a daughter in 12th grade and she can't understand why our 11th-grade son has more freedom. I refer to the all the missing stories she watches on Youtube and ID channel. All it takes is a split-second opportunity with a predator around... and your life is over.

I drive Uber on the side occasionally. I had a young college student fall asleep in my car. When she finally woke up right near her destination, I wanted sooooo BADLY to tell her NEVER fall asleep in share ride again. Its true we Uber riders are vetted. But with every sicko... there's always their first time when the opportunity presents itself. If I was shady, that girl could have woken up in a garage in North Philly, or worse. I picked up something from Craigslist once on our local college campus. The female student let me in and then disappeared upstairs for several minutes. I just shook my head over her naivety. She was alone in that house with me and anything could have happened. This is a sick world out there, we just probably never realized how widespread it was till the information age.

Last edited:
Police suspect sexual motive behind Hallandale woman's killing in Costa Rica

Traces of blood and other forensic evidence appear to show 36-year-old Carla Stefaniak was attacked in Apartment No. 8 of the Airbnb rental where she stayed near San Jose.

Costa Rican officials arrested 32-year-old Bismark Espinosa Martinez, a guard at the resort near the Costa Rican capital. The guard lived next door, in Apartment No. 7, and was detained Monday night. It looks like his “motive is sexual” in nature, said Walter Espinoza, director general of Costa Rica’s Judicial Investigation Department, at a news conference Wednesday.

[..]

Also Wednesday, police said they haven’t been able to find some of Stefaniak’s belongings, including her luggage. Police said they’ll decide whether they can at some point release photographs of her luggage so the public could help.

(bbm)

Wow... glad their resident Columbo pieced that together for us.:rolleyes:

I feel the same way. I am so fearful when I walk to my car in broad daylight; always vigilant.

I am so angry and sad about what happened to Angel Carla.

You have EVERY right to be angry. I post here in waves... and other times I have to take off for weeks at a time because its so disheartening to come here and read how women/girls can be minding their business, and then a selfish sicko looks at them...and their lives are over in a heartbeat. How many women will not come home this month because some loser treasures their own 20 seconds of selfishness over another one's entire lifespan. Look at the little 13 YO from North Carolina (Hania). She will never get to graduate, walk down the aisle of her wedding, have a family, nor grow old with her loved ones... just because some man wanted a few minutes of pleasure.

I have a daughter in 12th grade and she can't understand why our 11th-grade son has more freedom. I refer to the all the missing stories she watches on Youtube and ID channel. All it takes is a split-second opportunity with a predator around... and your life is over.

I drive Uber on the side occasionally. I had a young college student fall asleep in my car. When she finally woke up right near her destination, I wanted sooooo BADLY to tell her NEVER fall asleep in share ride again. Its true we Uber riders are vetted. But with every sicko... there's always their first time when the opportunity presents itself. If I was shady, that girl could have woken up in a garage in North Philly, or worse. I picked up something from Craigslist once on our local college campus. The female student let me in and then disappeared upstairs for several minutes. I just shook my head over her naivety. She was alone in that house with me and anything could have happened. This is a sick world out there, we just probably never realized how widespread it was till the information age.

I have four children, when our oldest daughter graduated from high school, she had already planned to work for the Summer at Yellowstone Park with her friends, and she was going to college in Michigan in the Fall.

You just let them live their lives. And hope that they are careful. But you can't live a life locked up or keep your kids locked in the house.

I still think single women are safer in hotels, rather than AirBnb. Fortunately, my daughter seems to always have a few girlfriends around at her age. They go places together, maybe realizing they are safer in a group.

But, I do think that the world is changing daily. And we need to really be aware of the situation. Sadly.

Costa Rica travel concerns rise after tourist's killing - CNN

The killing of a 36-year-old South Florida resident who was vacationing in Costa Rica is raising concerns about travel to what was once considered the safest destination in Central America.

Snip

Costa Rica had long been spared the violence that plagued its Central American neighbors, but the country has seen a jump in homicides in recent years. Overall crime also has spiked.

"Crime is increasing in Costa Rica and US citizens are frequent victims," according to the US Embassy website. "US citizens are encouraged to exercise a high level of caution and vigilance due to increasing levels of violent crime."

In 2017, the country broke its record for reported homicides with 603, according to InSight Crime, citing official sources. It attributed the increase in part to Costa Rica's place as a transshipment point for Colombian cocaine destined for the US and Europe.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back