Could Jessie Be a Victim of Fetal Alcohol Syndrome?

Compassionate Reader

Reaction score
I've thought a lot over the years about this question. As a teacher, I saw a few students who were victims of this condition. I believe it's possible that Jessie is, too. What do you think?

Here is a link to images depicting the three telling facial features for FAS. For comparison, here is a picture of Jessie. I feel that Jessie exhibits these facial features. I'd like to know what others believe. I don't guess it really has anything to do with guilt or innocence, but, IMO, it would go a long way in establishing the cause (and possibly extent) of his mental capacity.

ETA: [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fetal_alcohol_syndrome"]Fetal alcohol syndrome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame] Here is the link to the Wiki article on FAS, if you're unfamiliar with it.

Speaking of alcohol. In one of the taped video interviews Misskelley Sr talks about his son drinking beer, he has no problem with his minor son having beer. I guess alcohol is their thing.

I've thought a lot over the years about this question. As a teacher, I saw a few students who were victims of this condition. I believe it's possible that Jessie is, too. What do you think?

Here is a link to images depicting the three telling facial features for FAS. For comparison, here is a picture of Jessie. I feel that Jessie exhibits these facial features. I'd like to know what others believe. I don't guess it really has anything to do with guilt or innocence, but, IMO, it would go a long way in establishing the cause (and possibly extent) of his mental capacity.

ETA: Fetal alcohol syndrome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Here is the link to the Wiki article on FAS, if you're unfamiliar with it.

I've also thought about this in the past. If I were to guess, I'd say that it's highly likely that Jessie has FAS based on his facial features and that he seems to exhibit other characteristics as well, such as "poor memory, attention deficits, impulsive behavior, and poor cause-effect reasoning."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is also something that used to be called FAE which stands for Fetal Alcohol Effect. In FAE you do not have all the facial features of FAS but the usually have the other known symptoms some times to a lesser degree but not always.

Research being done now is pointing towards not only the mother's history of alcohol during pregnancy but also the father's use prior to conception of the child.

I have worked with intellectually challenged adults for over 25 years and have worked with quite a few that have been diagnosed with both FAS and FAE

I am not quite sure what has caused this thread to be 'bumped' back up. I supose that, given that JM is now a 'public figure', is it acceptable fodder for a discussion board. BUT I fail to see what, if any, bearing it would have on the case.

If any possibly negative 'character traits' or 'personality deficiencies' of any of the major players involved in the case they would be better aimed at those whose colosal errors of judgement, laziness and general incompetence resulted in the reason we are all here.

By extrapolation then most intelligent people are the offspring of non-drinkers and most Europeans suffer from the two conditions named above!

I can only laugh now at the way that unqualified people love to apply labels to others who they have never met and, furthermore, are not qualified to diagnose! It used to drive me to distraction but I have given up trying to exlain why; I can only think that it is not unconnected to the lack of full medical provision for every citizen regardless of means; It makes me realise how lucky Europeans are when they are in need of a medical opinion they are able to get a professional one!

JM is a victim in multiple ways, of that there is no doubt!

Primitivefuture stated: "I've also thought about this in the past. If I were to guess, I'd say that it's highly likely that Jessie has FAS based on his facial features and that he seems to exhibit other characteristics as well, such as "poor memory, attention deficits, impulsive behavior, and poor cause-effect reasoning."

Children who display Fetal Alcohol Syndrome have great trouble changing anything. Once they find a place for an object - it stays there. Once they tell a story - it is almost impossible for them, mentally, to change their story even when faced with facts that show it is untrue.

This is highly likely the reason why Jessie couldn't change his story and continued to repeat it and repeat it. Almost like he had O.C.D. which is also quite common with individuals who suffer from Fetal Alcohol Syndrome (FAS).

Primitivefuture stated: "I've also thought about this in the past. If I were to guess, I'd say that it's highly likely that Jessie has FAS based on his facial features and that he seems to exhibit other characteristics as well, such as "poor memory, attention deficits, impulsive behavior, and poor cause-effect reasoning."

Children who display Fetal Alcohol Syndrome have great trouble changing anything. Once they find a place for an object - it stays there. Once they tell a story - it is almost impossible for them, mentally, to change their story even when faced with facts that show it is untrue.

This is highly likely the reason why Jessie couldn't change his story and continued to repeat it and repeat it. Almost like he had O.C.D. which is also quite common with individuals who suffer from Fetal Alcohol Syndrome (FAS).

Wow. So we've made the leap from "Jessie only confessed XX number of times so he could see his daddy" or whatever it is to him having fetal alcohol syndrome and that's what caused him to keep confessing?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back