Council defeats sex offender ordinance

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by shadowraiths, Apr 24, 2008.

1. shadowraiths

shadowraiths LISK Liaison, Verified Forensic Psychology Special Staff Member Moderator

Council defeats sex offender ordinance
    April 15, 2008 10:29 pm
    By Eric Parry
    Full article: click here

2. Loading...

3. Rino

Rino Former Member

Protecting the safety and welfare of children is very complicated now :bang:

4. pixies

pixies Former Member

I think some members of this council should be looking for new jobs right about now. FIRE THEM ALL! If they cannot even protect our kids they should not have their jobs.

5. southcitymom

southcitymom New Member

It's not just members of the council - the Derry police chief, resident parents, child abuse experts and the state's House Representative all spoke against the ordinance. The council's job is to listen to its constituents.

These types of ordinances are complicated on a number of levels. Additionally, no one has a clue whether or not they protect children. I laud the council for making a sensible decision and not just passing it to curry favor with voters who get wrapped up in the emotionality of the issue.

6. Blink34

Blink34 Former Member

Well I guess we know where the recently released Sex Offender populous is going to be heading- I won't be visiting!!:behindbar

7. southcitymom

southcitymom New Member

They really could head anywhere where these laws are on the books - so many of them are being currently being challenged as unconstitutional that none of them have much weight until the Courts sort it all out.