Councilwoman Molly Market believes bikinis can lead to rape?

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by believe09, Jun 16, 2010.

1. believe09

believe09 Active Member

Ms. Market is a councilwoman in Aurora who published a letter to constituents regarding the "Perky Cups" barista operating in her ward...her letter suggested that people ban the the coffee shop and stated, "when one of the [Perky Cups] employees is raped and murdered we will all mourn the loss."

http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-perky-cups-bikini-baristas-controversy-txt,0,3936229.story

How disappointing. Someone in public office who is claiming that the choice of clothing leads to mayhem, rape and murder....head shakin. :banghead:

2. Loading...

3. believe09

believe09 Active Member

Agreed, mighty one.

4. PorcineGranny

PorcineGranny crabby old lady!

People think all kinds of things...Muslims think rebellion in children means shame on family, so killing children is acceptable. Molly has never been told that rape is a crime of dominion, not sexual appetite, so she thinks clothing sparks agression, sexual rage.
    The problem in our society seems to me to be ignorance. May we all take this moment to learn as much as we can and apply it to our lives and teaching our families.

Note: although I am not in favor of bikini clad coffee vendors

5. believe09

believe09 Active Member

My issue with bikini clad coffee vendors would be 1.) from a safety standpoint-a burn hurts, but the less clothing the more area exposed to burns. and 2.) not crazy about it from an objectification standpoint, but each to their own.

I wonder if the company is planning on including male bikini clad coffee servers??

6. i.b.nora

i.b.nora I am polka dot

7. theforgotten

theforgotten Member

She's probably just jealous because she probably can't fit into one or look good in them:loser:

8. DollyPardonMe

DollyPardonMe New Member

Maybe she should change her name to Polly Pocket! Sheeesh!!!