Couple ask people to vote for whether they should abort their baby or not

I'm glad the subject or any part of it amuses you....I think that is part of the issue.

While we're on the subject indeed

so only when convenient, or amusing....got it

I have deleted two response so far but am going to try this one more time:

The law you have quoted has zero to do with abortion, the topic at hand. It has to do with violence against pregnant women. It enables the charges against the defendant to be steeper and was written to cover situations where men kill their unwanted children, or lunatic women preform at home c-sections in effort to steal the child.

It is wildly offensive to suggest that pro choicers would find violence against pregnant women to be acceptable. The entire point is that the woman in question should be able to determine her reproductive decisions.

And I won't even broach the subject of the thinly veiled comparison of women who choose abortion to people like Scott Peterson.

I have deleted two response so far but am going to try this one more time:

The law you have quoted has zero to do with abortion, the topic at hand. It has to do with violence against pregnant women. It enables the charges against the defendant to be steeper and was written to cover situations where men kill their unwanted children, or lunatic women preform at home c-sections in effort to steal the child.

It is wildly offensive to suggest that pro choicers would find violence against pregnant women to be acceptable. The entire point is that the woman in question should be able to determine her reproductive decisions.

And I won't even broach the subject of the thinly veiled comparison of women who choose abortion to people like Scott Peterson.

You are personalizing where there was no comparison at all. I was responding to Nova's facetious post about criminal negligence. He and I both live in California, where the law happens to be named after Laci Peterson that protects unborn babies from violence that is also aimed at the mother. I happen to believe differently than you - that abortion is in fact violence towards an unborn baby.

I too have deleted several posts to you because it's so raw of an issue to you. I understand that, I hope you find a way to heal completely from your experiences, that no one should have to deal with.

Nothing I say will be veiled - I do my best to say what I mean, although I can't guarantee there won't be typos, or that my fingers go faster than the thoughts sometimes and words get left out.

http://www.lifenews.com/2010/11/23/nat-6877/

Husband Behind BirthOrNot Site Admits Abortion Vote a Hoax

“My intent is not to deceive people, but at the same point, I do want people to talk about this. This seemed like a pretty good way to further the discussion, because people don’t ever seem to want to talk about it for real if there’s no name on it, no Baby Wiggles,” he said.

[unusual people] :rolleyes:

I'm glad the subject or any part of it amuses you....I think that is part of the issue.

Well, so much for the "respectful" discussion. I've already agreed the subject is serious. It was my false analogy that amused me.

While we're on the subject indeed

so only when convenient, or amusing....got it

Yes, I see the apparent contradiction in laws that treat a fetus as a not a person if the mother chooses to abort but as a person if she is assaulted by someone else. I haven't read the legal philosophy that allows for this distinction, so I can't comment on it, but I believe more is involved than "convenience."

And such laws are no more contradictory than those who would ban abortion in most cases but allow it in cases of rape.

You are personalizing where there was no comparison at all. I was responding to Nova's facetious post about criminal negligence. He and I both live"in California, where the law happens to be named after Laci Peterson that protects unborn babies from violence that is also aimed at the mother. I happen to believe differently than you - that abortion is in fact violence towards an unborn baby.

I too have deleted several posts to you because it's so raw of an issue to you. I understand that, I hope you find a way to heal completely from your experiences, that no one should have to deal with.

Nothing I say will be veiled - I do my best to say what I mean, although I can't guarantee there won't be typos, or that my fingers go faster than the thoughts sometimes and words get left out.

My question about criminal negligence was not facetious. On the contrary, it is an issue that will have to be addressed if fetuses are declared legal "persons."

Already we have jurisdictions where mothers can be charged with the crime of doing drugs while pregnant. I believe there have been attempts to criminalize smoking and/or drinking alcohol while pregnant. As noble as the intentions of such laws may be, the ones not involving conduct that is otherwise illegal (such as smoking and drinking) do raise the question of how much care is required by law of a pregnant woman? Can she be prosecuted for missing prenatal doctor appointments? Refusing to take prenatal vitamins? Skipping Lamaze classes?

Neglecting to feed your child properly is a crime is most places. If a fetus is a "baby" and poor prenatal nutrition starves that "baby", is that the same crime?

The host is yaking it up on the blog.

Many people have talked about my husband’s conservative/libertarian leanings and have made much of his pro-life and conservative posts on other websites. But when it comes to abortion I am the one that wears the pants in the decision because in the end it would be me going through the procedure. Even though my husband’s opinion and beliefs matter to me, I, as the one carrying the baby have the final say about my body and our unborn child

http://www.birthornot.com/

You are personalizing where there was no comparison at all. I was responding to Nova's facetious post about criminal negligence. He and I both live in California, where the law happens to be named after Laci Peterson that protects unborn babies from violence that is also aimed at the mother. I happen to believe differently than you - that abortion is in fact violence towards an unborn baby.

Thank you, we are obviously both misinterpreting each others posts because it is not a raw subject for me on a personal level. I made my decision, and had the miscarriage not occurred I would have proceeded with terminating my pregnancy. Please do construe my strong feelings that other women be afforded the same options as unhealed wounds on my part. If I wanted a child I would have one today. I don't want one today anymore than I did the day I found out I was pregnant. I am completely comfortable with my choices. (that being said my circumstances have changed and if I turned up pregnant there would be other options that are palatable to me now that weren't then and I would not terminate a pregnancy today).

My issue in this thread is the about other women having the same choices and the ability to evaluate their own circumstances.

I can't bear to read this thread regarding these wretched people. I'm sure someone's said it already, but let me say it again. Since you are now pregnant and intend to keep your baby, you never know when you might lose your baby or have a full term stillbirth. So yeah, not cute or funny and we've all been "thought provoked" enough regarding this subject. These people are totally leaning towards the crazy IMO. Gaaahh!!!! :sick:

I may have some of the details wrong, but that's what I gathered from what little I could stand to read about these loons. :sick:

If the woman is really pregnant, this is not a nice hoax at all. No matter if you are for or against abortion, pretending to ask people if you should do something like that is NUTS. It is a very personal and serious decision to even contemplate. There should be no hoaxes to spur a discussion. Come-on, if you are preggers and happy, why even pretend that you are considering this ?? I think some people need to spend some time helping others instead of playing on the computer.

So it was a stunt. Baby wiggles host has lost her job. She cant file for protection under the family act either !ha!

Tacky and in poor taste and the reason they claim to have done it is absurd.

http://www.indyposted.com/128840/birthornot-couple-never-intended-to-abort/

I am an extremely non-violent person. Even so, if I had this woman in front of me, I swear I'd smack her.

You don't use your children as the brunt of a joke.

You just don't.

Ps: SoulMagnet: thank you for your comments. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Today poll results. I know she never planned on having an abortion but I am still following the results. When the page is gone we have record.

Give Birth 22.64% (401,184 votes)

Have an Abortion 77.36% (1,370,679 votes)

Total Votes: 1,771,863

Based on the poll of those two pregnant parents, I guess the world has 1/4 less people in the population than might have been if abortion wasn't legalized, so those oddballs in Europe who want population control are getting what they want. It's more and more unpopular to speak out if a person is against abortion, but I don't recall very many ever speaking out. I've read polls that say many church goers have abortions, so preachers aren't even speaking out much. Bigots and racists raise heck about so many black women being single moms, but I've heard it's also because the majority of them do not believe in abortion like many others which results in many unwed pregnancies. So, instead of being a support and wanting help for women many conservatives are actually wanting to drag a whole group of women down to be like them. It's all so stupid IMO.

Based on the poll of those two pregnant parents, I guess the world has 1/4 less people in the population than might have been if abortion wasn't legalized, so those oddballs in Europe who want population control are getting what they want. It's more and more unpopular to speak out if a person is against abortion, but I don't recall very many ever speaking out. I've read polls that say many church goers have abortions, so preachers aren't even speaking out much. Bigots and racists raise heck about so many black women being single moms, but I've heard it's also because the majority of them do not believe in abortion like many others which results in many unwed pregnancies. So, instead of being a support and wanting help for women many conservatives are actually wanting to drag a whole group of women down to be like them. It's all so stupid IMO.

It is an explosive subject, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if even most preachers are avoiding the subject. I do remember years ago hearing a preacher "predict" that if abortion was legalized, soon we would be hearing about euthanasia for the elderly and weak, and eventually we would, as a society, get to the point where we begin to treat all life as something we can get rid of if it interferes with oneself. Some would say we are already halfway down that slippery slope.

However, don't give up all hope based on the poll begun by these two idiots. Anonymous polls can bring the worst out in people.

I *hate* writing a response only to have it disappear because of uber sensitive laptop pad. ACK! I'll try again, but make it even shorter....

These two people are idiots. The point/stance they were trying to attempt just further weakened what they were trying to do. Frankly, it hurt more than it helped their position regarding abortion.

I have my own position/feelings regarding abortion that I will not share as they are mine and I will never judge another for their choices. Doesn't make me weak, but a person who understands life isn't always black or white. The grey can be larger than both those two colors combined.

imvho

Todays poll results.

Give Birth 22.18% (436,251 votes)

Have an Abortion 77.82% (1,530,181 votes)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back