Couple in India sue son for not giving them a grandchild

I wonder if the son and daughter in law knew that the reason the parents bought all that stuff and spent all that money was for eventual grandchildren? Like, did they know and just play along, or, was this a discussion that never even took place? Would the parents have done all this if the son and daughter in law told them,"look, we may never have kids?"

“The main issue is that at this age we need a grandchild, but these people (my son and daughter-in-law) have an attitude that they don’t think about us,’’ Prasad said.
“We got him married in the hope we would have the pleasure of becoming grandparents. It has been six years since their marriage,” Prasad said. "It feels as if despite having everything we have nothing.”

“The main issue is that at this age we need a grandchild, but these people (my son and daughter-in-law) have an attitude that they don’t think about us,’’ Prasad said.
“We got him married in the hope we would have the pleasure of becoming grandparents. It has been six years since their marriage,” Prasad said. "It feels as if despite having everything we have nothing.”

https://www.wthr.com/article/news/n...hild/507-edab26e5-4efe-46a6-8f00-09afafd950ef
Well, I guess they [the parents] took a chance. Kinda like Vegas -sometimes you win, and sometimes you're crying in your free beer.

WTF? They could be having fertility issues for all they know! Or maybe, they just don't want kids...which is also perfectly fine! Goodness gracious...

Well, I guess they [the parents] took a chance. Kinda like Vegas -sometimes you win, and sometimes you're crying in your free beer.

This shouldn't have made me laugh as hard as it did!

Wow, what an entitled attitude this older couple has. Is it the son's responsibility to fulfil his parent's desire for a grandchild? I don't think so. I don't think it is a requirement.

It would be lovely if he and his wife wanted to have a child and his parents could enjoy the results. But he doesn't owe that to them.

I would think their motivation to help him find a wife and to throw them a nice wedding would be because they want their son to be happy and fulfilled. Guess not....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back