Couple Says Vet Faked Dog's Death

Discussion in 'Bizarre and Off-Beat News' started by mysteriew, Nov 13, 2005.

1. mysteriew

mysteriew A diamond in process

It had been a rough time for Buttons. The 3-year-old toy fox terrier, who has pancreatitis and a heart murmur, was ill for more than a month, vomiting daily and undergoing treatment both at home and at an animal hospital.

Buttons' condition was not improving, and the prognosis was not promising. Despite conflicting emotions, her owners decided to end her misery. "We just didn't want her suffering," Betty Jody Kimberlin said.

So her husband of 50 years, James Kimberlin, took Buttons to Companion Animal Hospital in Collierville, Tenn., and watched as she was put to sleep — or so he thought, until she arrived back at their home days later, yapping and happy to see him.
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=1301445

2. Loading...

3. graybar hotel

graybar hotel New Member

What a wicked man that vet is. I am so glad they got their pup back, the vet should be taught a lesson, even it if is $$$$.

4. Casshew

Casshew Former Member

What a creep to send them a sympathy card, the poor man was sitting in the parking lot sobbing for putting his little dog down :(

And changing the name from Buttons to Zipper? :razz:

5. Norma

Norma Pook

I held my bunny Norman when they put him down this past summer;

They give them TWO shots - the first a deep tranqulizer, and then the one for the final one about 15 minutes later. (of course I sobbed the whole time.)

This guy should be arrested for dog napping.

6. H0NEYWEST

H0NEYWEST I have a .38 and an ocelot ~ they're both loaded

I didn't notice that connection. How creepy!

7. LinasK

LinasK Verified insider- Mark Dribin case

OMG! We just watched the original Beethoven movie today, and in that movie the evil vet tells Beethovens family he's been euthanized when he wasn't.:eek:

8. Casshew

Casshew Former Member

Wow Linas, I forgot about that storyline.... this vet did the same thing :eek:

9. Linda7NJ

Linda7NJ Active Member

I wonder how many times he did that?

10. Heidster

Heidster Inactive

I just don't get it ... I mean what could his motivation possibly be?? Did he think these people were bad owners, or something? Like the article mentioned -- if he didn't agree with the euthanasia option, then he should've stated so and told them to go to another vet.

But, faking it and then renaming the animal and placing it up for adoption? That's just kind of insane, isn't it? Weird ...