Couric set to leave NBC

lymom3 said:
That is one phrase that I don't care to hear with my nightly news and Katie Couric uses it alot. I guess she thinks it makes her "cute" or "folksy" or whatever but it drives me nuts.

I think it's just a regional thing. She's from Virginia....you all and ya'll are very common language around here. I don't think she "uses" it for any reason other than it's part of her vocabulary.

lynie said:
I don't know the source named in the Drudge Report, but don't give the DR a whole lot of faith...however...

I would hate for Katie to leave too! Honestly I don't know that she would do all that well in an evening anchor position...I think she has been doing "news light" for quite a while. Besides, I would really miss (sing along with me here)
"Katie, Matt, Al and Ann....."

I don't really like the others they are grooming for her position either...

Lynie
I don't see her being an anchor at all--ever--she just isn't cut out for that.

well, i barely watch network news now, and i sure won't be tuning in to KC.

lynie said:
I don't know the source named in the Drudge Report, but don't give the DR a whole lot of faith...however...

Lynie

looks like the drudge report was accurate on this breaking story, as i have found them to be on many others as well !

I've found Drudge to usually be accurate.

I watched her announcement this morning. While I really like her and enjoy the Today show, I too do not see her as an "anchor".....I do like how she delivers stories that are heart-breaking and need some tenderness when told, but when it comes to hard news, I don't see her doing well at that.

At any rate, good luck to her!

I am happy for her-she may well rise to the challenge- I dont watch the news on that channel..I will just wish her luck.
I hope Meredith stays put so her life doesnt change-it cant be much fun getting up at that ungodly hour.

For as much money as Katie makes, and now possibly Meredith, I think I could swing the hours...............

Lesleegp said:
For as much money as Katie makes, and now possibly Meredith, I think I could swing the hours...............
LOL - I was thinking the same thing. Give me a $14M/yr. contract for a couple of years, no problem!

Lesleegp said:
Well I was thinking more that her husband has MS so more parenting duties fall on her-she has Millionaire and I dont think she is hurting for money-I think u have to get up at 3:00 every day..maybe 4:00 not sure..but if u dont need the money like we regular folks do and u have lots of stuff to do in regular hours then I would hunch she will ocnsider quality of life.
That said-who knows.
I think the View is the worst talk show on earth with her never mind without her-but I can see that show being cancelled without M.
I also think it will be cancelled anyhow. It may get a longer life because of BW's but it doesnt deserve it.

I could see Mer. or Joy getting their own shows.

Hey guys - for those of you (like me) who do not dislike or hate Katie - she will be appearing on Larry King tonight.

More power to Katie for securing the CBS gig. Although, I would have preferred Bob Schieffer to remain in the anchor seat - I really hope Katie does well! :)

13th Juror

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back