Court Appearances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reporter said he hasn't shaved....he looked around and looked at the judge. He still has the red hair...and he sat at the table with his attorneys.

He also got charged with something about panic....and one about explosives.

This might be a dumb question,but since he was charged and can face death penalty or lwop,does this mean he is deemed sane enough to stand trial?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

3m wkyc-tv, wkyc.com ‏@wkyc
Colo. theater shooting suspect James Holmes formally charged with 24 counts of murder, 116 counts of attempt murder. #wkyc #coloradoshooting

Respectfully snipped

Huh? I have never heard of 2 counts per person. Double jeopardy? (Maybe some misunderstood what was being said?)

24 counts of 1st degree,,,,2 for each life. Lawyers on tv says that's normal

This might be a dumb question,but since he was charged and can face death penalty or lwop,does this mean he is deemed sane enough to stand trial?

No, this is just the charges. Sanity at time and sanity to stand trial come later.

I don't understand the 24 counts (2 counts per murder) (??) Anyone know? TIA

Ok, now 24 murder counts are being explained:

Reuters: Colorado shooting suspect James Holmes charged with 12 counts of first-degree murder plus 12 counts of murder with extreme indifference.
by matthew.keys 12:28 PM

It still cannot be 24 counts as first reported, just sayin'.

In Colorado under rule of evidence....prosecution must show that defendent was SANE during act of crime.....its all on them.....

Matthew Keys ‏@ProducerMatthew
James Holmes: 24 counts of first degree murder, 116 counts of attempt to commit murder, @KristenPainter reports

THANK YOU MATOU!

WOW!!!

24 counts of first degree murder, 116 counts of attempt to commit murder,
James Holmes facing 142 criminal counts

Bye bye JH :seeya:
They finaly took you away ha ha......

59s Deborah Sherman ‏@Deb_Sherman
#jamesholmes indicted on 24 counts of first degree murder. 2 counts of murder for each person killed.

3m wkyc-tv, wkyc.com ‏@wkyc
Colo. theater shooting suspect James Holmes formally charged with 24 counts of murder, 116 counts of attempt murder. #wkyc #coloradoshooting

Respectfully snipped

Huh? I have never heard of 2 counts per person. Double jeopardy? (Maybe some misunderstood what was being said?)

I was going to ask that also? What was the 2- counts for each for/how?

Which is fine with me though.

@staceybeth69 @kristenpainter Reports suggest he spoke once: "Yes." In affirmation of waiving right to preliminary hearing within 35 days

@CBSMatt 12 are first-degree murder charges, 12 are murder with extreme indifference charges.

I wish if nothing else they would have audio in court room.

I myself could careless to stare at evil!

NOT yet... this will be anther court date.

2 counts per victim.. 1 for depraved indifference and the other for intended killing?

36s Deborah Sherman ‏@Deb_Sherman
#jamesholmes more alert and normal today in court. Sat next to his attorney, not the jury box. Beard is thicker, orange hair growing out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni