Court says beating 7-month-old Boston terrier puppy to death with bat "not torture"

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by wfgodot, Jul 10, 2013.

1. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

Court: Killing of puppy with bat wasn't torture. (AP/Daily Oklahoman)
    much more at the link

2. Loading...

3. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

Having had four Boston terriers who passed through their seventh month with me, I will say that none would bite a child unless unduly provoked; and, further, a spanking would correct the behavior. What the man did was unconscionable.

4. QueenD

QueenD Well-Known Member

I have been around many Boston terriers never owned one, never had I seen one bite.

This person who did these is pure evil. Uncalled for. I agree, if the dog did bite the child there is plenty of other discipline that could have been done.

Wonder what kind of person could beat a 7 month puppy to death! I would be in fear of my children around this type do person.

5. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

First one scolds and shames them. This is easily done as they are so eager to please and they get their feelings hurt easily. If that doesn't work, a spanking - nothing in earnest, but accompany it with gruff language. I've never had a Boston where this didn't work, for a variety of unsatisfactory behaviors. Even an open-hand spanking with force is so very better than what this guy did. A baseball bat. May he rot in hell.