UK Craig Hetherington,22, ‘vanished outside a night club’ Middlesbrough Feb 22 2003

StillDiggin

Reaction score
Craigs mum was on the vanished program last night.

Craig was 22 when he disappeared. He was last seen outside the old Cornerhouse nightclub near Middlesbrough train station at around 1am on Satruday 22 February, 2003.

He had left the pub to go for a taxi, but disappeared after walking towards the River Tees and the A66.

Cleveland Police carried out extensive searches for the Teesside University student, but to no avail.

Mrs Flintoft said: "Craig had been to university that day. He’d handed in an assignment and he came back and he said that he was meeting some of the boys and they were all going down into town that night and his parting words to me were ‘put some lasagne on a plate mum, I’ll have it when I come in’.

"The lasagne was still there the next day. By the Sunday I was getting really, really worried. We discussed it and then on the Monday morning I then reported it to the police."

Craigs mum was on the vanished program last night.

Craig was 22 when he disappeared. He was last seen outside the old Cornerhouse nightclub near Middlesbrough train station at around 1am on Satruday 22 February, 2003.

He had left the pub to go for a taxi, but disappeared after walking towards the River Tees and the A66.

Cleveland Police carried out extensive searches for the Teesside University student, but to no avail.

Mrs Flintoft said: "Craig had been to university that day. He’d handed in an assignment and he came back and he said that he was meeting some of the boys and they were all going down into town that night and his parting words to me were ‘put some lasagne on a plate mum, I’ll have it when I come in’.

"The lasagne was still there the next day. By the Sunday I was getting really, really worried. We discussed it and then on the Monday morning I then reported it to the police."
Craig was spotted walking towards Bar Fresco from the Corner House. The two pubs are opposite each other. In between the two pubs was usually where all the taxis lined up (pay by meter, not booked). I remember going out here when I was younger, there would always be hoards of people stood between the two pubs with food looking for taxis, people usually tried a last minute hook up here on the way home. The train station is a minute or two away.

It interested me that mum said along the lines that he had became more withdrawn in his teens/later teens and at this point discovered slot machine issues. From a trauma informed perspective, I wondered what the root cause of this was and if this had any link to his missing status.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theonce-ler
Back