Crime scene tape and Haleigh's house

Status
Not open for further replies.

elle1919

Reaction score
I have been asking this for the past couple days but never really got any feedback so I thought I would start a thread on it. It seems like more people would be wondering why in the world LE hasn't released the mobile home back to Ronald yet. This seems like a big deal to me. I have read up on and researched a lot of different abduction/missing person cases and I can't remember LE ever holding onto a house this long?

1. Can anyone else remember if this has been done in the past? If yes...when?

2. Can we use this thread to explore reasons why we think LE might keep the crime scene tape up...I have been going through a lot of different scenarios in my head....and you can probably imagine what I mean. But this is just baffling to me. Why in the world is this happening??

I asked this question too elle, on the NG thread last night.

To be honest, I can't come up with a reasonable, logical ~ benign explanation.

I can't help but compare this case to the Caylee Anthony case. I think LE were fairly SURE they were dealing with a crime scene at the Anthony home, yet they never prevented the Anthony's from the home for more than a few hours, right?

I have been asking this for the past couple days but never really got any feedback so I thought I would start a thread on it. It seems like more people would be wondering why in the world LE hasn't released the mobile home back to Ronald yet. This seems like a big deal to me. I have read up on and researched a lot of different abduction/missing person cases and I can't remember LE ever holding onto a house this long?

1. Can anyone else remember if this has been done in the past? If yes...when?

2. Can we use this thread to explore reasons why we think LE might keep the crime scene tape up...I have been going through a lot of different scenarios in my head....and you can probably imagine what I mean. But this is just baffling to me. Why in the world is this happening??

one of the officals explained it has a crime has happened and until they find the crime they will not release it they will keep for as long as needed
i found it he says it about 2:15 in the video
http://www.clipsyndicate.com/publish/video/846128

I asked this question too elle, on the NG thread last night.

To be honest, I can't come up with a reasonable, logical ~ benign explanation.

I mean, to me this seems like a big deal. Is it or no. I mean haven't they dusted for prints, and did all the things that normally LE would do. I just don't understand and was hoping someone could tell me if this has been done before or why they would be holding on to it this long.

I'll give it a shot. I have no idea if MO is correct however is seems to be the only reasons why.

It has been said that RC said he would never go back into that home. If that is true there is no reason for LE to realease the home. If they do find a suspect it would be easier for them to find DNA because no one has been allowed inside the home. No chance in a court of law that for it to be said it was containmented.

Just my 2 cents.

I am thinking it may be in case (I hope not) a body is found they can go back and get un-tainted evidence if needed...I wouldn't think they can do this legally for so long though.

These people need an attorney! If they had one, he would be billing LE for any and all living expenses of the family. I bet it would be released quickly then!

Now that it's all over the media, betcha lunch they release it this week - then again, I guess we need to know if anyone from LE or the FBI have been going in everyday and collecting or if it is just sitting there empty?

They need to photograph every inch, comb the place, collect what they need and leave. Then again, they can't collect without permission right? No one has been charged with a crime! Was there a search warrant? What does it say?

How do they know this is a "crime scene"?? How do they know this is the last place Haleigh was? They are basing it on a 17 year old's words? I think they have to let it go pretty soon - tough questions getting ready to hit LE from the media...JMO

A big deal to me too. NOW, with so much time passed, it seems intentional. I cant imagine a middle classed, suburbian family going through this trauma being kept from their home this long. BUT--a middle classed family out in suburbia would have a lawyer by now wouldnt they??
It almost seems cruel to keep Ron from being able to see Haleighs things, and have some of his own things. Something is up

I am thinking it may be in case (I hope not) a body is found they can go back and get un-tainted evidence if needed...I wouldn't think they can do this legally for so long though.

These people need an attorney! If they had one, he would be billing LE for any and all living expenses of the family. I bet it would be released quickly then!

Now that it's all over the media, betcha lunch they release it this week - then again, I guess we need to know if anyone from LE or the FBI have been going in everyday and collecting or if it is just sitting there empty?

They need to photograph every inch, comb the place, collect what they need and leave. Then again, they can't collect without permission right? No one has been charged with a crime! Was there a search warrant? What does it say?

How do they know this is a "crime scene"?? How do they know this is the last place Haleigh was? They are basing it on a 17 year old's words? I think they have to let it go pretty soon - tough questions getting ready to hit LE from the media...JMO

The way this man talks he can keep for as long has he wants
http://www.clipsyndicate.com/publish/video/846128 2:15 he explains

Just guessing here, but it seems they think that the house holds some clues as to what really happened to Haleigh, but it does seem excessive in just a kidnapping. I hope they don't believe that she was murdered there, but even in murder cases, they release it after several days. It does not take this long for a team of techs to comb the place for clues, both inside and out. It's really baffling, isn't it?

I have a question about your explanation Littleone. I wonder if when the LE releases the home do they release it to the renter or the owner of the home.

I wonder how long the lease is for? Because I wonder how long it would be considered to be RC's abode if he isnt' living in it and more than likely, I would assume, not paying rent. Just curious :)

one of the officals explained it has a crime has happened and until they find the crime they will not release it they will keep for as long as needed

WOW thank you....at least one reporter asked about that and got an answer. I hadn't ever seen that video, thank you. It makes sense I guess but I smell a hink.

*I wish my computer didn't freeze up every time I go to that website you linked or I would look up some more stuff.

Really, Ronald said that? Wow, something seems amiss, why would he not go back in the home? I would treasure the moments I shared in my home with my child. Well I guess it really doesn't seem like home to him.

You ask a lot of the same questions that I want the answer to....could you go to the next presser and get us some answers.....lol

Technically, it is a crime scene, because she was taken from the house, as far as they know. Kidnapping is a crime. But it should not take this long to go over every inch of it. Even if they are still searching for clues outside the house, they would have finished up inside before now, and turn it back over to Ron.
No, I don't think they have to have a search warrant, because Ron called in when he discovered his child missing, so they have the right to go in and look for clues. As long as neither of them are declared a suspect, they obviously have his okay to look all they want to. That's my perspective, but I could be wrong.

Thank you for linking that video, I have not seen it yet either.
He basically says that a crime has occurred but they don't know what that crime is, whether it is an abduction or not..ummmmm
Further strengthens my belief that Misty done something to Haleigh..

Thank you for linking that video, I have not seen it yet either.
He basically says that a crime has occurred but they don't know what that crime is, whether it is an abduction or not..ummmmm
Further strengthens my belief that Misty done something to Haleigh..

Coupled with the fact that LE has been saying this is a recovery mission.

Coupled with the fact that LE has been saying this is a recovery mission.

I am glad you brought that up Kat! I honestly can't recall another case where they continuously say "recovered" as their mission.
I sure wish they would go back out on the river again..I just have that bad feeling.

I find it weird and I don't recall a home being kept this long......look at Melinda Duckett. Her apartment wasn't kept from her this long.....or the Anthonys.....its odd in my humble opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23