Crimewatch Reconstruction 14.10.13 2100GMT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am embarrassed to say I don't know how to post a link-but there are numerous sites that state that the McCanns said they'd take polygraphs sometime in the future, and subsequently declined. I said that because they were under scrutiny, their legal counsel very likely told them not to-not necessarily because they were guilty. They may not be admissible in Portuguese courts, but that may not keep them from being useful tools-we often use them in the US, even though they are not admissible

If I can ever figure out how to post the links, I will.
lol, I just copy and paste.

I don't think I would take one either, unless, for some reason, I had to-certainly not just to satisfy the public.

I'm not sure I know how to do that, either!

Just highlight the link in your address bar, right click and press copy. Then go into your post, right click and press paste.

Just highlight the link in your address bar, right click and press copy. Then go into your post, right click and press paste.

Using an Ipad...no mouse...let me try and figure it out (I know-stupid-lol)

I am embarrassed to say I don't know how to post a link-but there are numerous sites that state that the McCanns said they'd take polygraphs sometime in the future, and subsequently declined. I said that because they were under scrutiny, their legal counsel very likely told them not to-not necessarily because they were guilty. They may not be admissible in Portuguese courts, but that may not keep them from being useful tools-we often use them in the US, even though they are not admissible

If I can ever figure out how to post the links, I will.

I located this article that quotes...

"The McCanns' offer to submit to lie detector tests would only serve to help clear any public doubts about the McCanns' guilt or innocence, as polygraphs are inadmissible in Portuguese courts and are never used by Portuguese police during the course of investigations.

The source said last night: "If they were asked to take a lie detector test, of course they would agree.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-482811/Madeleines-parents-We-lie-detector-test-clear-names.html

Does anyone know why? Wouldn't doing it help to find out what happened?
McCann's are not really co-operative, you know. Their behaviour is odd and I personally can't understand why they are not doing EVERYTHING to find Maddie. They know she's gone.

Don Cargill, chairman of the British and European Polygraph Association, said the McCanns told him they would only take the test if it was 100 per cent accurate and admissible in a Portuguese court.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-detector-test-clear-name.html#ixzz2hpIQwfNV
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

JMO but I think they always knew that a polygraph is never 100% reliable when they offered. They're both doctors and know that there are a million things that alter physiological reactions. So promising to take one if it's totally reliable is effectively the same as saying no, not ever. The friend coming out to say they would was just a PR move.MOO.

McCann's are not really co-operative, you know. Their behaviour is odd and I personally can't understand why they are not doing EVERYTHING to find Maddie. They know she's gone.

I am just having trouble thinking about what could have possibly happened? If some true accident happened, did they have some fear that the Portugese police might lock them up for the rest of their lives? They are, presumably, upper-class doctors so I have a hard time believing any kind of nefarious activities were going on with the children.

I'm just having trouble with the notion of why these two educated, seemingly reasonable people who do some kind of cover-up? Unless they were maybe thinking that because they left the kids alone that they would be held responsible and locked up for the rest of their lives, whether in Portugual or in UK, since they had another child I can understand that fear. However, in that moment how did they have time to think so fast?

Polygraphs are not needed because we know they lied.

Now even the IDI's must admit that they lied, because police have come out and said that the timeline of that night "significantly changed".

I can guess whose name cropped up twice by two independent callers, too....at least two, probably two thousand or even two million folks called and identified the efit as Gerry.

:seeya:

I am just having trouble thinking about what could have possibly happened? If some true accident happened, did they have some fear that the Portugese police might lock them up for the rest of their lives? They are, presumably, upper-class doctors so I have a hard time believing any kind of nefarious activities were going on with the children.

Upper class doctors can do horrible things too. So I don't exclude any possibility here and certainly not on the grounds of McCanns education and social position.

I'm just having trouble with the notion of why these two educated, seemingly reasonable people who do some kind of cover-up?

On Websleuths you can find many examples of well educated, reasonable people doing cover-ups and commiting heavy crimes.

Now even the IDI's must admit that they lied, because police have come out and said that the timeline of that night "significantly changed".

I can guess whose name cropped up twice by two independent callers, too....at least two, probably two thousand or even two million folks called and identified the efit as Gerry.

I know some people who called to say it's Gerry and they got shut down on the line... How isn't that biased?

I'm just having trouble with the notion of why these two educated, seemingly reasonable people who do some kind of cover-up? Unless they were maybe thinking that because they left the kids alone that they would be held responsible and locked up for the rest of their lives, whether in Portugual or in UK, since they had another child I can understand that fear. However, in that moment how did they have time to think so fast?

Some of us with deeply suspicious and cynical minds have wondered if PDL was chosen specifically to "lose" Madeleine. The physical surrounds of PDL mean that it has a huge potential for leaving the country without detection as it is surrounded by sea. A fake kidnap could have taken her in any direction, and 3 out of 4 of those directions are ocean.

Someone from the UK assumes that Portugal is corrupt and fairly inefficient at the best of times, and that the local PJ police would fall hook line and sinker for anything a rich white guy told them including some organised pedophile ring, which Gerry spoke of the very first night...at a time when normal parents are still praying their child will be found curled up in a cupboard somewhere.

:sick:

what's an IDI and MDI?

please keep us informed! I don't have ITV!!
He basically just said that right now it's all a publicity stunt because he had the information with 6 months, it took 6 years for SY to discredit Tanners sighting. "I have understood their game. The #McCann s knew that I was going to catch them." Hope McCann's will not sue ITV for giving Amaral airtime.

Some of us with deeply suspicious and cynical minds have wondered if PDL was chosen specifically to "lose" Madeleine. The physical surrounds of PDL mean that it has a huge potential for leaving the country without detection as it is surrounded by sea. A fake kidnap could have taken her in any direction, and 3 out of 4 of those directions are ocean.

Someone from the UK assumes that Portugal is corrupt and fairly inefficient at the best of times, and that the local PJ police would fall hook line and sinker for anything a rich white guy told them including some organised pedophile ring, which Gerry spoke of the very first night...at a time when normal parents are still praying their child will be found curled up in a cupboard somewhere.

:sick:

I'm sorry but--you can't be serious!? "chosen specifically to 'lose' Madeleine" ? Isn't that way up there with alien abduction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member