Croatia - Britt Lapthorne, 21, Aussie backpacker, Dubrovnik, 18 Sept 2008

Discussion in 'Cold Cases' started by Strangeworld, Sep 18, 2013.

1. WolfDen

WolfDen Member

Why does no one still ask about Britt? Why not her, when we ask for others...

Bohemian likes this.
  2. WolfDen

WolfDen Member

Bohemian and Winterchild87 like this.
  3. Winterchild87

Winterchild87 Member

I just listened to that podcast- I find it far more than a coincidence that the CCTV in both the club AND at the memorial across the street were not working/something destroyed the footage. Too convenient!

This case has stayed in the back of my mind all these years because she was the same age as me, I had been travelling overseas at the same time and had been home for a month when it happened.

In the podcast it said that the autopsy report in Victoria found no alcohol or drugs in the tissue. I'm wondering if alcohol is detectable in tissue (and if it would have been dissipated by the decomposition process) OR if she had been alive long enough after being at the club for her body to have processed it.

I noted the comment about missing major organs and wondered if perhaps there was organ trafficking involved (perhaps removal sped up the rate at which bacteria was able to decompose the remains?).

Finding her camera and wallet may be key- maybe photos that have the person/s involved on it (maybe date or time stamped, definitely time stamped in the file itself).

Bohemian and WolfDen like this.
  4. Winterchild87

Winterchild87 Member

Another point--her mobile phone was found in the hostel room, so did she just not take it when she went out (and who made the phonecall at 2.30am)...

WolfDen and Bohemian like this.