Identified! Croatia - Island of Krk, Living Female 60's, Perfect English, Sep'21 - Daniela Adamcova

put there on the rock from road or by boat

the report linked says water is too shallow for rescue boat so i'm inclined to think she came by land. odd she didnt get herself back up to a safer spot. maybe she was scared to return to land and water was her way to escape danger. I realise she has no memory but could instinct still work?

this is so baffling

I have a feeling she could be Polish so I shared her story with some Polish Facebook missing persons pages. There are a lot of Polish people living in the UK, maybe that's where Jane Doe lives too and that would explain her "perfect English/English with a slight Eastern European accent".
The Polish and Croatian languages both belong to the Slavic language group and because of that they're more or less mutually intelligible. She should be able to understand at least some Croatian if she's Polish. JMO.

I've just come across this from a facebook missing persons page (not sure if this is allowed so mods please delete if not). No name yet who she is but I think it's the same person.

Facebook Groups

It's got to be her. 'Wish there was more info on her missing status. I hope she will be reunited with family and friends soon. (It appeared her photo was shared with The Evening Standard. I really don't know much about news outlets outside of the US)

Yes, very likely it will all go quiet like the case in Australia awhile back.

I think we may not find out. Once the person recovers their memory or it is found out who she is they may not want to be in public eye. Very nice to read a story here where someone has survived an ordeal whoever they are!

I have a feeling she could be Polish so I shared her story with some Polish Facebook missing persons pages. There are a lot of Polish people living in the UK, maybe that's where Jane Doe lives too and that would explain her "perfect English/English with a slight Eastern European accent".
The Polish and Croatian languages both belong to the Slavic language group and because of that they're more or less mutually intelligible. She should be able to understand at least some Croatian if she's Polish. JMO.

The Slavic languages aren't mutually intelligible, only closely related Slavic languages are mutually intelligible. For comparison, in our own Germanic language group, English language speakers can somewhat understand Frisian (a minority language in the Netherlands and Germany) as it is the closest living language to ours, and many Scandinavian people can understand each other to varying extents. But an English person cannot understand Swedish, even though there are some words that are from the same origin.

Similarly, with the Slavic group of languages, a Croatian may be able to understand Slovenian to a slight degree, and Russian might understand some Belarussian, or a Polish person understand Slovakian, but a Croatian certainly won't be able to understand much Russian, or any of the other languages outside of their very close neighbours.

Croatia police try to identify mystery woman with memory loss

Croatian police have said they are still working to establish the identity of a woman with no recollection of who she is or where she came from before she ended up on a northern Adriatic Sea island.

“A number of tips received from citizens in Croatia and from abroad about the identity of the person are being checked and investigated,” police said in an email.

I don't know. Someone posted it on a missing forum saying their friend sent it to them after seeing the story about the woman found in Croatia. I can't find a name or where the photo has come from but to me that looks like the same woman.
I saw this post too. Very odd that the missing person is not named just the photo. Certainly looks like her to me.

Has anyone reached out to Giving Keys? They help individuals transitioning out of homelessness, which, if the Krk amnesiac is the woman in the photos, could potentially explain the difficulty in finding someone who knows her.

Unfortunately, their Twitter account started posting a month and a half after the photos were taken

I think it's unquestionably the same woman; the likeness is acute. I'm guessing whoever originally found it did a reverse picture search, as it's not a recent picture and the odds of stumbling on it accidentally are slim. Or perhaps it was searched for by someone who knew her at the time and knew what they were looking for.

I was wondering what Giving Keys was so thanks for answering that @lawyer_sleuth. I hope friends or family can be found for her now, but I'm concerned that if she's previously been affected by transience that even once they know who she is it will still be hard to identify where she belongs. :(

I have a friend who has intermittent amnesia (has happened twice). both times under a great deal of stress. Was able to make his way to our office by car (only a 1 mile drive from his work), he knew that something was very wrong and came on his own, but got there and was able to only identify the nurse by name but knew nothing else, childrens name, grandchildrens no memory of that. Totally normal guy. Evaluation showed 'atypical amnesia'. possible migraine related. Weird but i saw it in real life.
put there on the rock from road or by boat

the report linked says water is too shallow for rescue boat so i'm inclined to think she came by land. odd she didnt get herself back up to a safer spot. maybe she was scared to return to land and water was her way to escape danger. I realise she has no memory but could instinct still work?

this is so baffling

rbbm.
Mysterious woman who cannot remember her name but speaks perfect English, found on a remote island - Latest Page News
''A woman in her 60s who speaks English “like a professor” but cannot remember her own name was found on the remote Croatian island of Krk without a passport, papers or telephone
A mysterious woman who speaks excellent English but cannot remember her own name has appeared on the shores of a remote island.''
The enigmatic case stunned her rescuers how she got there without a passport, papers or phone.''
Allegedly over 60 years old, she survived several nights on the Croatian island of Krk, despite bears sneaking around nearby, reports The Sun.''

According to MSM Croatia,her backpack is found:

"The RTL Search team is investigating the case and found out that during the morning in the area of the coast, quite far from the place where the unknown woman was found, the police found her backpack! However, the contents of the backpack did not provide investigators with the desired information about her identity. In addition to mosquito spray and some other small items that every tourist would take with them on a trip, a wallet was found in the backpack, but without documents and without money."
Pojavila se novost oko misterioznog pronalaska žene na Krku: Pronađen ruksak, ali bez dokumenata

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back