Identified! Croatia - Island of Krk, Living Female 60's, Perfect English, Sep'21 - Daniela Adamcova

Discussion in 'Identified!' started by Legally Bland, Sep 20, 2021.

1. ttcRider

ttcRider Well-Known Member

Yes, I know. My post was tongue in cheek, sorry.

2. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

yep and now people who know her are going to come forward and the jig will be up anyway

3. TootsieFootsie

TootsieFootsie Well-Known Member

And the lady who a lot of us think looks just like her, is most likely just a doppelganger.

And now dragged into this lady's story.

4. squish

squish Well-Known Member

It sounds like this lady might have dug herself into a hole by feigning amnesia to avoid identification, to avoid quarantine, travel restrictions etc. She probably had no idea this would become an international story.

That’s my running theory, no offence to the lady if I’m totally wrong!

5. Laughing

Laughing Well-Known Member

Some general information about amnesia. Retrograde Amnesia is what this lady is displaying:

Amnesia - Symptoms and causes

6. lawyer_sleuth

lawyer_sleuth Well-Known Member

I might have missed something, but are some people suggesting that to avoid staying in a hotel for a couple of weeks, she was boated out to a razor sharp, barren rock (an earlier article had said it was certainly too far for her to have swam), dumped the entire contents of her wallet into the sea, and then feigned amnesia after being the subject of an intensive rescue operation?

rhino, Al Ka, Bit of hope and 16 others like this.
  7. fred&edna

fred&edna Well-Known Member

Sadly, I guess you're correct. But, I don't think I've ever seen comparison photos look so much alike... shape of the nostrils, the eyelids. (It's also possible I need an eye exam ;))

8. fred&edna

fred&edna Well-Known Member

I'm really confused. Someone posted a photo of this woman on a FB missing persons page but there's no identifying information... like her name or location or age or ?? Did they just post a photo saying "this unknown person is missing"? (I don't understand... what am I missing? This is embarrassing! :oops:o_O)

9. TootsieFootsie

I don't think I've even seen one before where I thought it WAS the person, like I did with this one.

Even in other cases, where members saw a likeness I just never saw that they looked at all alike.

10. TootsieFootsie

I spent ages searching for the other "missing" person and found nothing.

11. TootsieFootsie

Maybe she has lost her memory, maybe she hasn't. I don't know.

Whatever, I hope she is feeling cared for and will get back to her home and family.

12. Springrain

Springrain Who killed Kylen Schulte and Crystal Beck of Moab?

I'm super confused. Why would she not have to self-quarantine and be subject to COVID laws because she was amnesiac? I don't think she'd be an exception to the rule...

My theory at the moment is that she was probably a British or Polish tourist who was robbed, beaten savagely, and had her ID taken, then was hit against the jagged rocks and lost her memory.

I'm lost at that too.

13. TootsieFootsie

One of the things I love about Websleuths is that often we have differing thoughts and opinions.

More than a few times I've changed my opinions after reading members different theories.

Al Ka, Laughing, LaborDayRN and 5 others like this.
  14. TootsieFootsie

I think it's related to one of the main stream media posts up the page a bit where she told a Kiosk worker that she was worried about having to go into Quarantine.

Seems to me since it was in a main stream media story, it is allowed to be discussed, ie as in Websleuth rules.

StillDiggin, j_in_c, jackal67 and 4 others like this.
  15. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

L.A. Pair Say They Know Mystery Woman Found in Croatia
    ''Two Los Angeles residents believe they have solved the mystery of Croatia’s Jane Doe—a woman found wrapped in a sheet on a rocky island who spoke perfect English but did not know her own name.

Nina Smidt told The Daily Beast that the scratched-up woman pictured in photos that flashed around the globe this week worked as an artisan at a company where she was a manager in 2015. She had been placed there by a non-profit that helps the homeless, Smidt said.

The company was operating out of a warehouse known as Second Space in downtown Los Angeles, and landlord Tyler Madsen allowed the woman to live there rent-free so she could save up money to move to Ireland and get off Skid Row.''

Al Ka, Bit of hope, Laughing and 20 others like this.
  16. lawyer_sleuth

Bingpot! (If true)
    @HollyHunter9

dotr, legalmomma, LaborDayRN and 7 others like this.
  17. TootsieFootsie

Oh wow good find dotr!

I wonder if there is a connection to those photos of the other woman. Wasn't that some group that helped the homeless.

18. lawyer_sleuth

Yep! And it’s located in LA

19. TootsieFootsie

L.A. Pair Say They Know Mystery Woman Found in Croatia

Smidt said when she saw the photo on Monday, she called police in Croatia, who then contacted the embassy in Slovakia, where the woman is from and has family. She said that on Tuesday, police reported back to her that the embassy confirmed the woman’s identity with relatives.

The Daily Beast is not making the name public because Croatian and Slovakian officials could not be immediately reached for confirmation. But the photo circulated by police of the woman matches photos of the woman that Smidt and Madsen knew and remember fondly.

Al Ka, Bit of hope, Keane and 20 others like this.
  20. TootsieFootsie

Sounds like she has been identified.

Still the mystery of how she got where she was.