CT CT - Angel Garcia, 19, Hartford, 21 Oct 2011

The 15 year old kid who Angel stole the bike from, is it possible he has "friends" that we're maybe trying to take care of the thief? Is it possible the father told his son to keep his mouth shut and they were fully prepared for the cops to stop by? In other words who were both fathers and sons forms who could have sought retaliation? Anyone checked if they had an Suv?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 15 year old kid who Angel stole the bike from, is it possible he has "friends" that we're maybe trying to take care of the thief? Is it possible the father told his son to keep his mouth shut and they were fully prepared for the cops to stop by? In other words who were both fathers and sons forms who could have sought retaliation? Anyone checked if they had an Suv?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking the same thing, if the story about him being chased down is true, it would be a huge a coincidence for the person chasing him to not be in connection with the people he stole the bike from. I hope the police looked into this to be sure.

And about victim blaming, I don't care what he stole, he did not deserve to die. Watching his family on disappeared absolutely broke my heart.

I was just typing wondering if the river was searched but the very end of the episode I was finishing just said it wasn't searched.
It wouldn't suprise me if he was in it.
But then again if the claims of the car following them is true, this case could go any direction.
Esepcially stealing the bike, There is just too many people who it could be.
God what are the chances about the guy who looks exactly like him.

Just rewatched and to me there are 3 possibilities:
A) fell off bridge into river
B) the friend he was with knows something that went down (could be tied to tan Jeep)
C) the folks he stole the bike from had someone retaliate (could be tied to tan Jeep)

The stolen tan Jeep they had fingerprint of known criminal but ruled him out due to him not looking like the guy Angel's friend described. Seems too easily ruled out (also felt the bike folks were too easily ruled out). I think those LE need to do a deep dive into both parties.

Loved Ones Hold Out Hope 9 Years After Hartford Man Went Missing

It's been nine years since Angel Garcia disappeared in Hartford. The 19 year-old vanished while riding a dirt bike in the city.

Tuesday his family, friends and the city leaders came together to plant a tree in his honor as they continue to hope for closure in his case. For Angel’s mother Laura Suazo, the heartbreak of not knowing what happened to her son is still as strong today as when he first disappeared.

“Living everyday of your life wondering, Waking up wondering, going to sleep wondering, everything you do wondering, not knowing, I would wish this on anyone” said Suazo at the tree planting site at the edge of Pope Park.

“This tree planting today is not in memory of Angel, but to maintain hope and hope that Angel is still out there with us and hope that one day we can come up with resolution” said Lt. Paul Cicero of Hartford Police Department where the investigation into Garcia’s disappearance remains active.

Angel’s mother last saw her son in October of 2011. He was riding his dirt bike with friends, split off from the group and hasn’t been seen since. Each year his mother brings together people still hoping to find angel, holding vigil, even releasing photos of what Angel could look like today.

They hope something about this new monument will finally bring answers.

"There’s a mother that’s not giving up. She’s doing whatever it takes to bring the attention that her son is still out there” said Suazo.

Anyone with any information about Angel Garcia’s disappearance is asked call the Hartford Police Department. You can submit information 860-722-TIPS anonymously.

I heard the Police cannot search the Connecticut river because it is too dark and murky.... Which makes no sense to me. How can a dark and murky river be the reason why law enforcement won't search it for a missing person or body?

https://www.wtnh.com/news/missing-in-connecticut/

Thumbnail

• Angel Garcia of Hartford – Last seen October 21, 2011 at 19 years old
    • Angel Garcia was last seen riding a Red Honda dirtbike with a large “Geico” logo on the side. He was last known to be heading to the man-made trails along the eastern border of the Connecticut River in East Hartford.

Sad case. I saw this featured on Disappeared late last year. I agree that AG could have been a victim of foul play due to the bike issue, as mentioned in the episode.

However, IMHO it's also very possible/plausible that he was crossing over the train tracks?! over the bridge on his bike, lost control, fell into the water, and drowned - this was also suggested in the episode. Not sure if AG was able to swim, but even if he was - if he lost control of the bike & became injured, he could have still drowned.

We have seen cases where cars & occupants are found in the water years after they've been declared missing (or never found at all, but suspected of being in the water). And, when compared to even a mid-sized car - a bike & a person would be much harder to spot in the water....especially if they're either at the very bottom of a deep river and/or have been swept away downriver.

Last edited:
I don't know. I thought that at first but they said he never rode on his own. However, his mom also would have never ever thought that he would've stolen something, so those kind of thoughts are often unreliable. I agree about the possibilities.

It's very coincidental if someone was chasing him specifically the night before he goes missing. But why was his friend so nervous about that one area? If they'd had an accident surely there would be nothing to cover up. I mean you just don't know who people are connected to if you steal a bike. I'd think that's one of the more risky items to steal, just my opinion. You only use it outside of the home so can be seen by anyone riding around and followed. I mean you would have everyone looking out for you and it was bright red. It doesn't really matter to me that the man he stole it from doesn't match the description of the people in the SUV as the point was that everyone would be on the look out and someone chased him which indicates they did want to find him. They obviously recognised the bike. Maybe he did ride off on his own and was just unlucky to have someone see him who knew about the stolen bike who then made a phone call. They could have gone after him. That people were looking for him before is a big thing in my opinion. Or... maybe someone was chasing both of them, there was an accident/he fell in the river or the people got him then he disappeared, and his friend was too scared to say anything for fear of repercussions. Maybe they found him, beat him up and accidentally took it too far. That actually makes sense to me. Or maybe they found him, took the bike, his items including cell phone and left him where he was, and it was too far to get to help and the night was too cold.

ETA - the last time he spoke to his girlfriend he said he was behind the uncle's house at about 11am, the last cell phone ping was from the railroad tracks behind the friend's uncle's house in the afternoon and the friend was nervous about the area that was the railroad tracks near the uncle's house.

He said he would call his gf back at 1pm and he didn't, which was apparently the time that he 'rode off'. If he left his friend at 1pm why would his cell phone still be pinging near the uncle's house after 3pm?

His friend said Angel did ride on the area with the railroad tracks on that day but he didn't go to that area to ride with him. So how did he know this? Because Angel apparently had said he was heading to East Hartford not to railroad tracks behind the uncle's house.

Are the railroad tracks active/in use by trains?

I don't believe his friend did anything horrible at all but I do believe he knows more and is possibly frightened beyond words.

Last edited:
Also ETA - if he did leave on his own and he went from West Hartford towards East Hartford, he would have gone through the area near Trinity College which is where they were chased the previous night.

Sorry, I've been thinking about this a lot. What I meant by this:

"His friend said Angel did ride on the area with the railroad tracks on that day but he didn't go to that area to ride with him. So how did he know this? Because Angel apparently had said he was heading to East Hartford not to railroad tracks behind the uncle's house."

Is that it's an inconsistency. On the reconstruction anyway, he met his friend, they were together riding then he rode off 'to East Hartford'. So the friend could not have known if he rode on the railroad tracks behind the uncle's house on his own, as it would have happened after he left him, and he had said he was going elsewhere?

I'd like to know if Angel ever went riding in East Hartford before, had ever gone across the bridge before?

Also, running out of gas as per his friend's ATV. Just doesn't happen IMO. You see it's low and head back. If you're being chased however, that's a different matter.

ALSO: the previous night Angel drove off into a field. The SUV couldn't follow. Must've been frustrating. What's the logical thing to do there? Go looking on bikes as you know a SUV/large vehicle is pointless as he can just go off road. And go looking off road. He would have stayed off roads after that surely. This whole thing is sad. Did they look for the bike? Associates etc? That to me is the key thing.

ETA: I think the foul play involved the railroad bridge. His friend possibly could have stated he was heading that way intentionally as a cover. The people who were chasing him were in a carjacked car. I don't think they would be the type of people to mess around.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back