CT- Annie Le, missing from Yale, thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone want me to start a new thread, since this one is quickly approaching 600 replies? Let me know and I'll do it before the presser (or you can do one).

My guess is that, knowing her character, they have an awful gut feeling that something is horribly wrong....and maybe it is a cultural or religious thing, too, to not want to do this?
I know it does seem kind of weird, though. Unusual.
I can understand her immediate family wanting their privacy and to stay out of the media, due to their culture. But there are many others who must have been close to her, like those @ the university who were going to be at the wedding. Unless of course they all suspect the worst. MOO

You can autoclave anything. It is just a big steam sterilizer. They are used for instruments, supplies, culture media, anything you need to be sterile. There is a solids cycle for instruments and a liquids cycle for culture media (so it doesn't boil away). You can sterilize infectious waste before disposal, but I doubt anyone would try this with a body. This was during the day, and these are usually in an equipment room where anyone could walk in at any time. There would be no reason to do this- it would increase the chance of discovery immensely.
Anyone who needed to use it could learn how to use it. Sometimes in a large lab there is a technician responsible for all autoclaving.

In over 20 years of working in labs I have never seen an incinerator inside a lab. Not that it's impossible, I just think it's extremely unlikely.

So, Labrat, I'm trying to understand - you do or you do NOT think the autoclave was used as a disposal method for a body in this case? All it would do is sterilize the body? And the clothes? I guess I thought you were relating the fire alarm = steam = autoclaving something too large...but I might have just misunderstood.

oh, and Thanks for answering!

Hi Missy, One hour to go for us all, eh? :D xox

I know it clicked in my head after a few how that sounded, I think I had a blonde moment, no offense to blondes, lets say a Jessica Simpson moment. Then I was actually thinking if I was in New Mexico would that be two hours, never mind, is chicken of the sea fish or chicken????:crazy:

NEW THREAD

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4154430#post4154430"]CT- Annie Le, missing from Yale, thread #3 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Thought I would start one now, before the presser begins. See ya'll over there!

Hi Italianangel, LE just has to know a whole lot more than we realize. Whatever it is has led them to swarm on specific searchs that are still ongoing today I think. They had a tip and maybe it is panning out as it seems LE is working feverishly late on a Sunday evening.

I think LE knew within hours what the outcome was going to hold for Annie. There was no cry out to the residents of New Haven to keep their doors locked. And as you say, the family members and her fiance have not uttered a word thru the media, begging for Anie's return. xox

Thank you.

So, Labrat, I'm trying to understand - you do or you do NOT think the autoclave was used as a disposal method for a body in this case? All it would do is sterilize the body? And the clothes? I guess I thought you were relating the fire alarm = steam = autoclaving something too large...but I might have just misunderstood.

oh, and Thanks for answering!

Hi Emma! I originally brought up the autoclave when it was reported that steam from lab equipment triggered the fire alarm. It was another poster who speculated that an autoclave might have been used to dispose of the body causing extra steam- I do not agree.

I know it clicked in my head after a few how that sounded, I think I had a blonde moment, no offense to blondes, lets say a Jessica Simpson moment. Then I was actually thinking if I was in New Mexico would that be two hours, never mind, is chicken of the sea fish or chicken????:crazy:

It just touched my funny bone Missy, and I knew you were typing as you were thinking which is how we all do it.

I'm feeling a bit of premature anxiousness now. If it is bad news we are about to hear I hope it is followed up swiftly by news of an arrest.

I also wanted to welcome all our new posters and dear lurkers. And Hi to Nursebeme. Oh, now I know how I feel. It is just like that tight feeling one gets in the pit of their stomach before giving a performance! Sorry for the rambling. I do hope as a poster said here that Annie will be standing beside them at the presser. xox

Hi Italianangel, LE just has to know a whole lot more than we realize. Whatever it is has led them to swarm on specific searchs that are still ongoing today I think. They had a tip and maybe it is panning out as it seems LE is working feverishly late on a Sunday evening.

I think LE knew within hours what the outcome was going to hold for Annie. There was no cry out to the residents of New Haven to keep their doors locked. And as you say, the family members and her fiance have not uttered a word thru the media, begging for Anie's return. xox

I agree with you. I think she swiped into the animal facility and someone attacked her there. They would know who worked in there, there might even be security tapes of the hallways. I think this case is already solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member