CT- Annie Le, missing from Yale, thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched Geraldo tonight, but I didn't hear Joe P. say that....not doubting you....just didn't hear that for some reason.

I am sure he did but will confirm when it repeats at 1a..No problem :)

Back on page 4 of the previous thread there is a link:
http://www.truecrimereport.com/2009/09/disappearance_yale_grad_studen.php

if you scroll down to the comments, a guy called "Dan" writes:

It's after that idiot "John Smith" was commenting about Asians marrying white men... :rolleyes:

And if Annie was learning Hebrew, it sounds like she was getting ready to convert. She sounds a lovely, generous person.

I highly doubt "Dan" really knows Annie's fiance. If you click on the link that his name goes to, it is not a real page. That hardly confirms that he's half Chinese.

People like "John Smith" are what is wrong with this world. Ugh.

IF the alarm originated from HER lab, it would make her absence more apparent once everyone returned to the bldg no? If this were my office building, with a small # of co-workers, we'd be scouting out immediately. This is absolutely bizarre!

I did a quick Google look-see and believe this fall the graduate students started Sept 2nd with undergraduates starting Sept 11th. I'm just wondering how b usy that building was with people when she went missing. xox

IF the alarm originated from HER lab, it would make her absence more apparent once everyone returned to the bldg no? If this were my office building, with a small # of co-workers, we'd be scouting out immediately. This is absolutely bizarre!

Depends on how she left things - if she left things out that she was working on, they'd question it - if everything was put away, they might assume she had gone to lunch, or back to her office.

Right. In my small, and very unsophisticated, workplace, the alarm system shows which sensor was triggered. I would think if it were set off in Annie's particular lab, they wouldn't be saying that they believe it's unrelated. It just doesn't make sense.

bold by me

Supposedly, the Prof has been cleared but that does not rule out your theory as you know :)

the Prof has been cleared??? I would appreciate a link. You mean Bennett, who sent an e-mail out around noon on Tuesday that Annie wouldn't be in her class so he cancelled it? Didn't know that. I don't think anyone should be cleared at this point.

If I was the bad guy, I'd would know about the cameras and the key card. Our perp avoided both. We are looking for someone who dodged the camera and got in right after someone else used their card, through the closing door. He stalked her, in my opinion. He wanted to do it on campus, to spite her newspaper article.

There would have been better opportunities than the one the perp took. He had something to prove. He wanted to terrorize the Yale females...It appears from the Yale newspaper that there was some male/female waring going on, which was brought to light by an email which categorized female students by their looks. I'll find the article if anyone cares. Our perp is a man expressing anger at the powerful female intellectuals at Yale. He wants them scared.

I found reference to that email, too...it references the female students, rates their anatomy as well as intelligence. I believe it was sent to the dean, who in turn is in the process of having it traced and has been unsuccessful thus far. Isn't it called something like "The Scouting Report"?

Okay I"m officially lost ~ I"m sorry!

What is the name of the man taken in for questioning today? A Professor of some sort IIRC?

TIA for throwing me the name :)

We do not know who that was seen being taken away in LE car today..I dont believe it was the Prof (Bennet) tho who they have questioned & supposedly cleared.

i havent been on in awhile and wanted to check out this story here. nothing then after reading through some threads, i came back to post about yale offering a 100,000 reward. and i see now about the blood clothes.
wow, that is so weird
them not declaring missing persons or criminality, but its a crime scene,ok le
also yeah thats prett normal someone leaves all their belongings and bloody clothes then disapears, sound non criminal to me.lol.

that anton guy seem to focus on research of tyrosine protein, some speaches on metabilsm, cells and
disease

We do not know who that was seen being taken away in LE car today..I dont believe it was the Prof (Bennet) tho who they have questioned & supposedly cleared.

You're right amysmom. I went and looked at the picture that showed the back of the head of the man getting into LE vehicle.

Prof. Bennet is not white (I am assuming the gentleman getting into the car was white).

I found reference to that email, too...it references the female students, rates their anatomy as well as intelligence. I believe it was sent to the dean, who in turn is in the process of having it traced and has been unsuccessful thus far. Isn't it called something like "The Scouting Report"?

The article is here,
http://www.yaledailynews.com/news/university-news/2009/09/09/origins-e-mail-still-unknown/

and the comments shows the tone of the male/female climate at Yale.

I wonder if Annie Le was described in the email. If so, they have a lead to follow, since the same type of personality that does the untraceable email harrassing women could also plan this crime.

Scandi and JerseyGirl:
Your theory seems more likely to me than a theft of equipment. There is huge money in this research. I knew some folks in a PhD program in pharma and biotech on the West Coast and all of the professors were multi-multi millionaires from royalties on patents they had licensed to biotech companies, so, the stakes could be high if there was a dispute over inventorship, or if she discovered that someone hadn't invented something that they claimed. The grad students that I knew in CA were hoping to someday cash in like their professors. Sometimes it is the students that invent something, but they feel obligated to list their professor as a co-inventor to repay them for their mentoring.

Hi Duongthai, welcome to WS.

This is where my mind is at right now, a professional link given that she went missing from work and may have possibly met her demise there.

Of course, that's subject to change as facts emerge.

If I was the bad guy, I'd would know about the cameras and the key card. Our perp avoided both. We are looking for someone who dodged the camera and got in right after someone else used their card, through the closing door. He stalked her, in my opinion. He wanted to do it on campus, to spite her newspaper article.

There would have been better opportunities than the one the perp took. He had something to prove. He wanted to terrorize the Yale females...It appears from the Yale newspaper that there was some male/female waring going on, which was brought to light by an email which categorized female students by their looks. I'll find the article if anyone cares. Our perp is a man expressing anger at the powerful female intellectuals at Yale. He wants them scared.

I'm not so sure Rainsbee - if the perp really wanted to terrorize the Yale females, he would NOT have picked the most petite, smallest, 90 lb female around. That shows what a coward he is. Powerful, female intellectuals, I would agree, but how would a perp know just how powerful, brilliant, and determined Annie really is unless he knew her personally or worked with her? She had a grant to NIH this past summer and is on full scholarship for her Doctoral degree. Annie just picked her dissertation topic, making her very powerful in that arena. How would the majority of student body know about her achievements?

I'm not so sure Rainsbee - if the perp really wanted to terrorize the Yale females, he would NOT have picked the most petite, smallest, 90 lb female around. That shows what a coward he is. Powerful, female intellectuals, I would agree, but how would a perp know just how powerful, brilliant, and determined Annie really is unless he knew her personally or worked with her? She had a grant to NIH this past summer and is on full scholarship for her Doctoral degree. Annie just picked her dissertation topic, making her very powerful in that arena. How would the majority of student body know about her achievements?

I think the perp picked her because she wrote the newspaper article about saftey on campus.

We agree that he knows her.

the Prof has been cleared??? I would appreciate a link. You mean Bennett, who sent an e-mail out around noon on Tuesday that Annie wouldn't be in her class so he cancelled it? Didn't know that. I don't think anyone should be cleared at this point.

Sorry..no link..saw it on geraldo..I would be able to tell you who said it for sure (editor of Yale paper?) if my head was not spinning now from so much info!

I didn't know about that email! Wow! Where did that come from?

Depends on how she left things - if she left things out that she was working on, they'd question it - if everything was put away, they might assume she had gone to lunch, or back to her office.

The alarm was triggered at 12:40 iirc . . . I guess without knowing her 'normal' routine for lunch, she doesn't look like the type to me that would clear out after an alarm and decide to hang at Starbucks for the afternoon - especially since she was expected to be a TA, yet didn't the Prof send an email about cancelling it at noon = before the alarm sounded? I just don't get it. And if the undergrads didn't start classes until the 11th (three days after she's been missing), unless it was a graduate class, who would they be "teaching"?

Just thinking not family........had to be a perp that knew her schedule, she knew the perp, wasn't afraid of him. Someone that knew everything about the lab, campass, security etc. The perp was not afraid of being caught.......tall enough to put clothes in a ceiling? I don't think the wedding had anything to do with this crime, just my opinion.
Annie is beautiful and sexy in regular clothes. IMO, I think she turned on some pervert and he wanted her, she fought and he killed her.........JMOO...........I also think this was a planned event.

He wanted to terrorize the Yale females...It appears from the Yale newspaper that there was some male/female waring going on, which was brought to light by an email which categorized female students by their looks. I'll find the article if anyone cares. Our perp is a man expressing anger at the powerful female intellectuals at Yale. He wants them scared.

snipped & bold by me

Funny, Yale editor said on geraldo tonite that parents are more worried/scared then the students! Is there anyone associated with Yale telling it like it really is? :rolleyes:

I think the perp picked her because she wrote the newspaper article about saftey on campus.

Do you think that article makes her powerful? We can agree to disagree...I think she was targeted because she picked out a dynamite dissertation for her research and was going to be in the way of a few. I believe Annie to be brilliant, she's much like a sponge and gets things done with effort that looks easy. Research is so competitive!. Every piece of research that is published and snatched up by a drug company, or turned into a patent is worth a fortune. I can't discount that power she would have had as she researched her way to fame nor those who would never clap for her success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knownstranger07