CT- Annie Le, missing from Yale, thread #5 FOUND DECEASED

Discussion in 'Annie Le' started by nursebeeme, Sep 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nursebeeme

nursebeeme Registered User

In times of greatest adversity
    do not despair
    for crystal rain
    falls from black clouds
    ~nzumi

Rest in peace Annie Le

Continue here:

2. Loading...

3. babycat

babycat whiskey in a teacup

Thanks so much, Nurse:)

:blowkiss:

4. SeriouslySearching

SeriouslySearching Active Member

Thanks, NeeBee~

Welcome to WS, GTK and TKSK~ Nice to have you both on board. :)

I may have missed some other newbies today...if so I am sorry! Welcome!!

5. TravelingBug

TravelingBug Verified Insider

Well this contradicts[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4158907&postcount=611"] the well enumerated points laid out by that other individual on the NHR site[/ame], but this is what the new NH Independent article said that I found most interesting (which then, yes, means all that looking at articles may be moot)

"Another law enforcement source familiar with the probe identified the suspect as a lab technician who works with animal testing at Yale. That technician’s campus phone number was disconnected Monday afternoon and he couldn’t be reached for comment. The technician allegedly had an unrequited love interest in Annie Le, according to that source. That suggestion couldn’t be independently verified Monday afternoon."

ETA: It contradicts as far as none of those names on the now removed bennett list seem to also be a lab tech working with animal testing - unless that's a loosely referenced title to obscure the identity...which I suppose is possible.

6. Jersey*Girl

Jersey*Girl New Member

Supplied by belimom at the end of the last thread:

http://www.newhavenindependent.org/archives/2009/09/serious_suspect.php
    Here's a snippet:

However, a source familiar with the investigation said the probe has zeroed in on a single “serious” suspect.

Another law enforcement source familiar with the probe identified the suspect as a lab technician who works with animal testing at Yale. That technician’s campus phone number was disconnected Monday afternoon and he couldn’t be reached for comment. The technician allegedly had an unrequited love interest in Annie Le, according to that source. That suggestion couldn’t be independently verified Monday afternoon.

The New Haven Register’s Bill Kaempffer reported that the suspect failed a polygraph test and refused to answer cops’ questions, with a lawyer present.
    UNQUOTE

7. SnowAngels

SnowAngels New Member

“RUMOR, n. A favorite weapon of the assassins of character." Ambrose Bierce

8. Jersey*Girl

Jersey*Girl New Member

TravelingBug - We posted at the same time! :blowkiss:

9. Labrat

Labrat New Member

They would absolutely be required to use the services. This is true in every university that uses animals. As I explained previously it is not permitted to house mice in your laboratory. They must be kept in an animal facility- this is all explained actually on another page of the site that's posted above. You must go to that facility to work with your mice- you can only remove mice from the facility for terminal experiments. If you take them out they can not go back. Animal use is extremely regulated. If anyone violates the rules badly enough, their research projects can be shut down.

This is how it works- There is an entire department in charge of everyone's animals. Scientists must order mice through this department- it assigns investigators space for their animals. People who are going to work with the animals receive training in the proper handling of research animals before they are allowed access to the facility. Yale has multiple facilities in different buildings, as do we. These facilities generally each have a supervisor and multiple animal/husbandry techs. These animal techs are responsible for changing cages, checking food and water every day, room sanitizing, bringing in supplies, cagewashing, autoclaving, euthanizing, housing new animals, etc.

It is a very hot, dirty, physically demanding job which generally does not pay very well. It does not require higher education. These techs would not be visiting research labs, co-authoring papers, etc.

Laboratory technicians work in the research labs. These techs can range from someone who washes glassware and makes solutions all the way up to lab manager. They often provide support to the doctoral students and post docs, but more advanced techs will often have their own experiments to do- these techs are often co-authors of research papers.

Anyone listed in Bennett's laboratory would not be an animal tech- they might work with his animals, but they are not an animal tech.

These are very different jobs.

10. babycat

babycat whiskey in a teacup

Duly noted...and I think I'm going to get off that track;)

PS. Love my copy of Devil's Dictionary...

so clever :)

11. passionflower

passionflower Just 1 tip to find a killer

:Welcome-12-june: to all newbies! New thread, hope you find us!

KDKA TV just showed pictures of a huge vigil for Annie tonight at YALE!

12. SeriouslySearching

SeriouslySearching Active Member

I appreciate why they are being careful in naming the person they are interested in until they have the DNA testing back, but it would be nice if LE would take him into custody ahead of time so we could pull the arrest records for tomorrow. ;)

Thanks to Labrat for explaining about how those things work within such a setting as I had no idea. I would certainly have to pay for someone to take care of my mice for experiments since I would flip out every time I saw one. :)

13. KaylynnCouture

KaylynnCouture New Member

Thanks for the new thread, Nurse. And, welcome to all the newbies! Glad to have you posting with us :)

14. nursebeeme

thank you Labrat for that VERY INFORMATIVE POST! I am so very glad it is on page one of the new thread for easy "bumping"!

15. passionflower

passionflower Just 1 tip to find a killer

Can't a person be held 24 hours for questioing?
    Could DNA be back from clothes ( a few days ago?) atleast by then???

16. nursebeeme

this post is a great example of why I love SeriouslySearching!!!!

17. KaylynnCouture

KaylynnCouture New Member

Candlelight Vigil Tonight at Yale
    Snipped from http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/crime/news_wtnh_new_haven_candlelight_vigil_200909141250

I'm amazed at how many people turned out- that is wonderful.

:rose: Rest in Peace Annie. A beautiful life taken WAY too soon. Fly with the Angels.

18. TravelingBug

TravelingBug Verified Insider

Could it be that the "lab technician who works with animal testing at Yale" phrasing is meant to muddle this?

That wording phrases it to make it sound like a lower level position and more of an animal handler like Labrat was talking about (or that's the connotation I get) - someone who is more of the rodent handling services type stuff that was just linked a post or two up.

HOWEVER, any technician (or person) working in a lab (including one who publishes) and is doing testing that involves animals also falls under that description, right? It isn't the glamorous way to say it, and it sort of "lessens" their title, but...

I mean, couldn't even Annie fall under that description? She was a technician working in a lab and did testing involving animals...right?

I really wonder if the phrasing is purposely trying to steer one direction over another - to make it look like they are looking another direction.

19. nursebeeme

one of the article said the clothing results could be back "monday" (not sure if they meant today or next monday)

One poster on the last thread postulated that this "suspect" could be in the box (meaning not being held but sitting in a little room sweating his a$$ off to the beat of LE questions). Not "officially held" mind you... but under a big ole' blue thumb.

20. Jersey*Girl

Jersey*Girl New Member

Thank you very very much for this, LabRat! Ok, can you help me out with this then? In the article above, it informs it's a Lab Tech that works with Animal Testing at Yale...so they would be in contact with Annie at the Amistad building, right? If they work with Animal Testing, wouldn't they be "housed" there? That confuses me. I probably have tunnel vision...I already know. Maybe I should just get to bed!

21. nursebeeme

bold is mine...... (following caps are mine but only for clarity)... NO THAT WOULD NOT BE THE SAME AS ANNIE. Hold on.. I am bumping labrat's post on animal tech... a dirty, hot, low wage job... kinda like a nursing assistant if that makes sense??? brb to bump

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.