CT CT - Billy Smolinski, 31, Waterbury, 24 Aug 2004

KR place on Nichols is the last house on the street and it's back yard is French Memorial Park...a small park but has a couple of areas you could discretely bury someone at night, no problem though I think it would be a shallow grave or just dumped. I thought one of the theories was that he was killed in her mothers apartment...if this was her apartment I wonder if this park has been looked into, I think I read the apartment had been searched. It would be an easy place to search. SK would have been familiar with this park regardless having grown up in Seymour but don't think it would be a first choice unless something happened at the Nichols apt.

If this was a planned murder he could be anywhere. If the trucking co. fellow had anything to do with it he could be anywhere. Seymour has a transfer station for garbage with a large compactor that you can throw a couch, carpeting, etc. into and the garbage is then trucked out. If he went into there he'll never be found. If SK copped his dope in Waterbury BS could have ended up in a Waterbury dumpster

Lots of wooded areas in Seymour and in all of it's surrounding towns including a state forest. Wooded around Seymour HS as well. Where did SK hang out and party growing up, bet he had a place. Did he fish?

Route 8 is the main drag between Waterbury and Seymour and follows the N river and would be an easy place to stop late at night and toss over the side so I was wondering how thoroughly that was searched. Not in the river but along the side of Route 8 which goes downhill to the river.

There was a famous murder in the area many years ago...wood chipper murder. Did he have access to one?

Ask the neighbor, MG, CS and his wife, SK's friends and employer to take a lie detector test and see who refuses or lawyers up.

I'm actually surprised that CS & MG spoke to the police without an attorney present.

I know they dug up three areas based on bull s--t, but did they do that without dogs or without dogs alerting to these areas?

Supreme Court to hear claim in Billy Smolinski’s missing person case today
11:10 AM, APRIL 27, 2015

snipped
The state’s highest court will hear arguments in today about a family’s right to post missing-persons fliers...

After Billy disappeared, his mother and sister posted fliers in various towns, including near where his ex-girlfriend, Madeline Gleason, worked. Billy’s family was soon accused of inflicting harm to Gleason, though she was caught on camera tearing the fliers down.

Gleason told police the fliers were targeting her and their placement near her workplace constituted harassment.

Billy’s mother was arrested...

What’s at issue is essentially whether the family was exercising their right to free speech or if their actions defamed or harassed Gleason.

You can read the suit filed here.

http://www.nhregister.com/general-news/20150427/family-of-missing-billy-smolinski-argues-posters-protected-by-first-amendment

Police have said they believe the 31-year-old was murdered. Police have indicated they believe Gleason’s son, Shaun Karpiuk, killed Smolinski. Karpiuk died in 2005 of a drug overdose.

Chad Hanson, 35, who has been identified in court documents as a suspect in Smolinski’s disappearance, has led police to conduct unsuccessful searches for Smolinski’s body in Seymour, Oxford and the Naugatuck State Forest.

Since their primary suspect has been deceased for awhile, is that why there doesn't seem to be a lot of activity towards solving this case? I can't fault the person for filing the lawsuit against the Smolinski family but the case seems stalled and only focused on that aspect.

Unfortunately, Chad Hanson has repeatedly led LE around by the nose with fruitless searching. He is unreliable, and that it putting it kindly.

Billy's case would, imvho, truly benefit from a brand new start and fresh eyes. But some bridges have been epically and resoundingly burned I think.

FWIW, I dont believe Billy is going to show up some day hale and hearty. I do think he is somewhere not that far from his home. I spent a lot of time on his case at one point-it is a heart breaker for many reasons. I think focusing on MG has also been fruitless and maybe using a wider lens will shake loose another scenario that is closer to the truth.

From your link:
In his brief, Williams wrote, “The posters were strategically placed to have maximum effect on the plaintiff. Whenever she moved to a new house, posters would saturate the area immediately adjacent. If the plaintiff removed them, they would reappear the following day.”

My money is on the Supreme Court upholding the Appellate court decision. :(

Bumping for Billy, missing for 11 years.

doc50f497afbed231998345711.jpg

"Eleven years – it is time for Billy Smolinski to be found" - opinion piece

http://victimsnewsonline.com/2015/08/opinion-eleven-years-it-is-time-for-billy-smolinski-to-be-found/

For the family of any missing person, one day is a blur; one month is filled with panic and desperation; and one year feels like a decade.

Eleven years is incomprehensible: especially, when those 11 years are compounded by cat-and-mouse games, ‘missing fliers’ being vandalized and torn down, an arrest for hanging said fliers, a frivolous civil suit, multiple court hearings, and appeals that still have not been decided. All of these detours, in my opinion, have been carefully planned — in order to distract the family of Billy Smolinski — to keep them from finding him. I also believe this series of events has been designed to wear down the Smolinski family, in the hopes they will give up and stop looking for him.

What a frustrating case. I feel bad for the family, immensely. Its sad because the police have probably been very close to his body before and the GF is just not sharing everything she knows, imo.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk

Could not be happier about that. I'm honestly surprised the defamation lawsuit wasn't thrown out initially, let alone a counter suit.

Posting MP fliers in your town is not harassment; following around and threatening a grieving family who only wants answers about their missing son is harassment.

This case has been huge on my radar for quite sometime, and it almost seems imperative to see it solved.

"A group of law enforcement officers from Seymour, Shelton and Waterbury are working with the FBI and the Connecticut State Police to crack the case, and leads continue to point towards Seymour as the place Billy was murdered, and buried. Divers have scoured along the banks of the Housatonic River, backhoes have clawed at the earth, and search dogs have canvassed miles of suspected terrain in an effort to find Billy Smolinski."

Above quoted from The Brass File blog c.2010.
http://waterburyobserver.blogspot.com/2010/02/fire.html

Is it still believed that he was murdered and burried in Seymour and if so why? I know a couple of her kids lived in Seymour would that or Shawn K. be why?

Were cadaver dogs used at his Waterbury property and his truck, Gleasons home, kids homes?

Why and which part and which side of the Naugatuck River was searched?

Was a barrel ever mentioned in this investigation?

Was French Park ever gone through?

What suspected terrain in Seymour has been canvassed, excluding the diggings?

Was the Seymour transfer station ever looked into as a disposal site?

and a correction to above question...not Shaun K the son but Chad the dope who led authorities on a wild goose chase.

William "Billy" Smolinski, was a 31-year-old resident of Waterbury, Conn., when he disappeared Aug. 24, 2004. Smolinski told a neighbor he was going out of town for a few days to look at a vehicle. He has not been seen since and his truck was later found in his driveway. His keys and wallet were found inside. Investigators searched Smolinski's home and truck, and conducted several interviews but found no clues suggesting what might have happened to him. For more information, visit Justice4billy.com.

559e0f6c1400004f009a7324.jpeg

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...show=true#gallery/559e0f6ce4b0967291557f1d/33

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Postalgirl74
Back