CT - Craig Williams & Selina Robinson for child abuse, New Haven, 2012

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by peeples, Sep 14, 2012.

1. peeples

peeples New Member

This poor baby's mother BETTER face charges!!!!

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...s-handcuffed-her-to-radiator/?tag=re1.channel

New Haven man Craig Williams is being held without bail for allegedly beating his 9-year-old stepdaughter and inflicting "the worst case of child abuse I've ever seen," according to Assistant New Haven Police Chief Archie Generoso.

The New Haven Register reported that Williams often beat, cut, and handcuffed his 9-year-old stepdaughter to a radiator. She told police that recent injuries stemmed from when he struck her with a baseball bat as she tried to hide from him under her dresser. He also at one point broke her hip and told her to tell doctors that she injured herself while riding her bike down a set of stairs. The girl said that her father also used a large flashlight and a black leather belt to beat her, and would sometimes take her to the basement to hide it from her mother.

2. Loading...

3. ATasteOfHoney

ATasteOfHoney Active Member

Such a horrible life for this little girl. Soooo sad.
    And what charges are going to be brought to the Mother? Aiding and abetting?
    Nothing, really? :banghead:

4. peeples

peeples New Member

Failure to protect at the minimum
    and i hope to god those other kids are out of that household...

5. Rayemonde

Rayemonde New Member

December 2014:

http://www.nhregister.com/general-n...s-in-prison-for-brutalizing-a-child-for-years

6. tlcya

tlcya Administrator Staff Member Administrator

NEW HAVEN >> The mother of a girl who suffered years of abuse at the hands of her stepfather Thursday received a two-year suspended prison sentence.

Selina Robinson, 39, who lived with the young girl and the stepfather, Craig Williams, had pleaded guilty last year to three misdemeanor counts of first-degree reckless endangerment.

Superior Court Judge Patrick J. Clifford, who imposed the sentence, also required she serve three years of probation, have no contact with the victim and receive a mental health evaluation “and treatment as deemed appropriate.”

http://www.nhregister.com/general-n...severely-abused-new-haven-child-avoids-prison

7. Rayemonde

Rayemonde New Member

http://www.nhregister.com/general-n...s-in-prison-for-brutalizing-a-child-for-years

8. Masterj

Masterj Active Member

What a brave little girl. I hope she can leave this nightmare in the past and continue to feel happy and loved. The story of her following the woman and her dog made me cry. She was so desperate to find a family to love her. Thank god she has that now.

How can anyone hurt an innocent child?

9. JeannaT

JeannaT Former Member

I think this girl has every chance of coming out of this horror and succeeding in life. From what I've seen, victims who escape and ask for help, rather than remaining in a horrible situation helplessly, usually heal much better.

And then, surprisingly, this abuser did the very unusual thing and made what appears to be a very sincere and public apology. How many victims say that's all they really want - for their abuser to acknowledge the damage and apologize?

Prayers for her future - my guess is, it will be bright.