CT - FBI arrests 4 officers in troubled New Haven suburb

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by Reader, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Reader

Reader New Member

http://www.centurylink.net/news/read.php?rip_id=<D9SFD7G80@news.ap.org>&ps=1011

More at link....

2. Loading...

3. OneLostGrl

OneLostGrl I'm going against the grain- I'm going sane

4. Belinda

Belinda Doer of Things

It is shameful that things like this are still going on in our society. As an American, it embarrasses me. People need to get along and stop trying to find someone to pick on. I am completely disgusted.

5. OneLostGrl

OneLostGrl I'm going against the grain- I'm going sane

No doubt.. cops of all people should not pick on people!

6. Reader

Reader New Member

FBI Targets More Suspects in Conn. Police Scandal

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/fbi-targets-suspects-conn-police-scandal-15467566

The arrests of four police officers accused of tyrannizing Latinos could mark the start of a bigger scandal in this working-class suburb, where the FBI is targeting additional suspects. The state is preparing for the possibility of widespread arrests that could cripple the town's police department.

Federal prosecutors have urged witnesses to come forward with details of abuses in East Haven, which was rocked by last week's arrests of the officers. The FBI described them as a "cancerous cadre" that subjected Hispanics to beatings and false arrests.
    ------

The Connecticut governor's liaison on criminal justice policy, Mike Lawlor, said the state is prepared to step in and bolster the East Haven police department if necessary.

"State police are continuing to monitor the possibility that a significant number of police officers will be indicted," he said. "It seems like that is going to happen."

The police chief, Leonard Gallo, is apparently referred to by the federal grand jury as an unnamed co-conspirator, accused of blocking efforts by the police commission to investigate misconduct. His attorney has denied the allegations and criticized prosecutors for including the reference to him when he is not charged.

More at link....