CT - Hailey Nailor, 16, jumped to her death from roof of mall parking garage, Danbury, 9 Feb 2019

Discussion in 'Bullies and Stalkers' started by cybervampira, Feb 11, 2019.

1. cybervampira

cybervampira Well-Known Member

Bullied teenage girl, 16, jumps to her death from mall parking garage roof | Daily Mail Online

A bullied teenage girl has taken her own life by jumping from the roof of a Connecticut mall parking garage after posting a tragic final Snapchat video where she 'contemplated' suicide.

Hailey Nailor, 16, died on Saturday afternoon after leaping from the roof of the Danbury Fair Mall.

upload_2019-2-12_3-56-22.jpeg

Friends say that moments before she died, she broadcast a final video on Snapchat where she deliberated if she could go through with taking her own life.

Trolls cruelly seized on the video and reposted it on their own accounts.

upload_2019-2-12_3-56-44.jpeg upload_2019-2-12_3-57-25.jpeg

One wrote: 'Haha. Rest in peace b****' and 'I am so f****** happy right now,' according to posts on social media.

[...]

Karina Rivadeneira, 17, said Hailey did not deserve the abuse she suffered.

'She was kind, funny, and so silly but in a good way. My heart breaks knowing she’s gone, but I know she’s in better place now.

[...]

LadyL, perfectingpink, Jim_M and 4 others like this.
  2. JaneEyre

JaneEyre Well-Known Member

Oh, God...

3. tara83

tara83 Well-Known Member

This one really makes me cry my eyes out.The poor girl was reaching out for help and all she got was more abuse.

4. MsFacetious

MsFacetious What a Kerfuffle...

I can't even. Every single person who took the video or encouraged or celebrated should be charged with something. I know there isn't anything but they should have to do some sort of community service. Something to try and make them realize what horrible humans they are.

5. Piney Woods

Piney Woods Active Member

Hailey Nailor’s suicide an ‘unimaginable’ loss to family, friends in Danbury

Apparently this young girl had some serious ongoing mental health issues with several previous suicidal threats. In one of the articles in this link her parents say they don't believe bullying was a major factor. I hate to say it but sometimes there are cases where someone needs to be locked up in a psych ward for their own protection.

As for the trolls, it's what they do.

LadyL likes this.