Found Safe CT - Jacob Tyler, 24, Groton, 17 April 2018 *U.S. Navy sailor*

I'm confused. Sounds like he could have disappeared two days before he was supposed to go to work?
http://kstp.com/news/us-navy-office...-jake-tyler-missing-uss-north-dakota/4876272/

"We just can't come up with any answers, we just can't put this puzzle together," Barbara said.
Groton Police along with NCIS agents are reviewing Tyler's cell phone records for clues. Tyler's mom said it pinged near his apartment for two days before going dead.
"There's a time lapse between the time he went missing, and the time he would've come back here, changed clothes and left on his motorcycle," she said.
Barbara said he left his uniform, pins and boots behind. Tyler's car was parked nearby with his keys still in the vehicle. Yet he and blue 2014 Honda motorcycle with Connecticut plates were gone. Tyler's two brothers joined their mother in Connecticut to help authorities go over all the small pieces of the sailors life to find a missing piece of their family.
I got my eye on the roommates.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

If this Naval Officer has gone AWOL, it is not a trivial matter.
https://military.findlaw.com/criminal-law/failure-to-report-for-duty-awol-and-other-charges.html

Given the program he is in, and the training he has received, it is unlikely (in my amateur speculation and opinion), that he is AWOL. It is far more likely IMO, that he has had an accident or is the victim of foul play. I wonder if the MAA and NCIS have been involved already; I would suspect so. They don't mess around; we will find out what has happened soon.

I'm confused. Sounds like he could have disappeared two days before he was supposed to go to work?
http://kstp.com/news/us-navy-office...-jake-tyler-missing-uss-north-dakota/4876272/

"We just can't come up with any answers, we just can't put this puzzle together," Barbara said.
Groton Police along with NCIS agents are reviewing Tyler's cell phone records for clues. Tyler's mom said it pinged near his apartment for two days before going dead.
"There's a time lapse between the time he went missing, and the time he would've come back here, changed clothes and left on his motorcycle," she said.
Barbara said he left his uniform, pins and boots behind. Tyler's car was parked nearby with his keys still in the vehicle. Yet he and blue 2014 Honda motorcycle with Connecticut plates were gone. Tyler's two brothers joined their mother in Connecticut to help authorities go over all the small pieces of the sailors life to find a missing piece of their family.

It’s worded oddly. I took it to mean that his phone was still pinging for two days after he disappeared.

They have a good team of investigators on this. I hope he is found soon . I hope mom is sleeping with one eye open . Maybe I've watched too much NCIS .

https://bringmethenews.com/news/navy-sailor-jacob-tyler-from-stillwater-is-missing-in-connecticut

"The sub sailors, Navy CSI, Police are looking at everything, but nothing so far. no explanation, just nothing. I’m going there, going to stay in his room until found. Please PRAY again and again. I’ve been talking to God and Jake all day, I know they will hear your thoughts and prayers."

The pinging phone seems like two possibilities to me:

1)Someone threw it where it landed and was pinging
2)It was pinging from the site of a crash

It’s worded oddly. I took it to mean that his phone was still pinging for two days after he disappeared.

I can't work out what this means

There's a time lapse between the time he went missing, and the time he would've come back here, changed clothes and left on his motorcycle," she said

He must have been living off base because he's a single officer he would be either living on base in single officer barracks but since he has roommates there's no way. We live about 40 minutes south of their and go every 2 weeks on base to grocery shop. My husband's Coast Guard. I don't think he went AWOL either. I feel so horrible for his family. My 22 year old is stationed in Italy and I'm always worried about him. Last Monday we had really bad rainstorms and wind and flooding. Tuesday started out yucky but then the afternoon was very sunny in New Haven.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I am having a hard time getting beyond his car keys were IN his car

I am having a hard time getting beyond his car keys were IN his car
You would be surprised how many do that here. It's so stupid. Just the other week several cars were stolen. All of them had keys in them.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

You would be surprised how many do that here. It's so stupid. Just the other week several cars were stolen. All of them had keys in them.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
I'm just guessing but being raised in the twin cities, he locked his car and apartment. It is the way we do it in MN.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I can't work out what this means

There's a time lapse between the time he went missing, and the time he would've come back here, changed clothes and left on his motorcycle," she said

I have no idea either.

Keeping an eye on this one.

Keeps showing up on my newsfeed. Hopefully he is safe somewhere.

Found safe! Jake Tyler has been found safe!

From his mother:
Our family is filled with joy today, Jacob is safe! He made contact with me late last night. He made the decision to seek out help and is getting the help he needs. We are so proud of him and the courage it took to come forward.

Jacob found that courage to come forward in part because of your prayers and God's grace. The overwhelming response from our family and friends of support and encouragement was nothing short of a miracle. Our family is so blessed and thankful for everything everyone has done. From the bottom of our heart, thank you.

Love Barb and family

#OurMissingHearts

Found safe! Jake Tyler has been found safe!

From his mother:
Our family is filled with joy today, Jacob is safe! He made contact with me late last night. He made the decision to seek out help and is getting the help he needs. We are so proud of him and the courage it took to come forward.

Jacob found that courage to come forward in part because of your prayers and God's grace. The overwhelming response from our family and friends of support and encouragement was nothing short of a miracle. Our family is so blessed and thankful for everything everyone has done. From the bottom of our heart, thank you.

Love Barb and family

#OurMissingHearts

MSM:

“Missing sailor found safe in another state”

“According to Groton town police, 24-year-old Jacob Tyler was found safe and unharmed in another state.

They said there was no criminal aspect to the investigation.

Tyler was last seen during the morning hours of April 17 when he left his home in a Honda CBR.

Police thanked the agencies involved in the search, including the Naval Criminal Investigative Service, Groton city police, Connecticut State Police, Plainfield police and the FBI.”

http://www.wfsb.com/story/38039981/missing-sailor-found-safe-in-another-state

Best of luck to you, Jacob.

Oh my. There will be very serious repercussions with his command. Not good.

Oh my. There will be very serious repercussions with his command. Not good.
His mother stated he is getting help... I'm not sure if that means for a mental issue or a substance abuse issue, but either way the military is supportive of members getting the help they need in those situations. He definitely went about it the wrong way, but obviously wasn't in the right state of mind to make the nest decision...

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

You can recover from losing your job. And from mistakes like walking away. But you can't recover from dead. So the fact that he was found safe is good news, no matter what.

Will continue prayers for this young man.

His mother stated he is getting help... I'm not sure if that means for a mental issue or a substance abuse issue, but either way the military is supportive of members getting the help they need in those situations. He definitely went about it the wrong way, but obviously wasn't in the right state of mind to make the nest decision...

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

No, they're really not. He's going to be in HUGE trouble and will likely be discharged - the best he can hope for is something like "needs of the Navy" which is technically honorable. However,

You can recover from losing your job. And from mistakes like walking away. But you can't recover from dead. So the fact that he was found safe is good news, no matter what.

Will continue prayers for this young man.

I agree with this completely! Sometimes, the repercussions are worth it.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sneetchysneetches
Back