CT CT - Janice Pockett, 7, Tolland, 26 July 1973

Hi there, I just finished reading this thread. I also liked and shared you sisters fb page. Her grave stone is beautiful. I truly hope that you and your family get some closure.

Reasoning behind the suspected family member. As a mother with 2 toddler daughters. I am constantly watching my kids. I scan the areas in public. You pick up little things about people around you.For example someone may be looking good at you kid in a way that makes one uncomfortable. I am sure your mother had good reason to suspect him. Mothers intuition. It must have been a excellent this g to have been questioned.

It seems to me that I recent years things happen and we discover so and so's alibi doesn't hold up. Also death bed confessions.
I am sure you have racked your own memories. I feel thus person had close access. Relieve to a close family friend. I'm sure there was someone was Hong for any moving away fromThe area. It sounds like it was a small town. And you knew the coming and goings. You probably hit a lot if theories from the town folks.
How did you and your sister get to school? And other activities. Perhaps thus person saw your doter o the way there or back.
What about babysitters you had. Did this suspected family member babysit you? Did the baby sitter ever have a boy over? (I ask this because I had a baby sitter one who had a boy over and he made me uncomfortable. I couldn't wait for my parents to come home.)
We're there neighborhood teens or anyone in the neighborhood that made you or your sister uncomfortable. Perhaps your folks told you to stay away from so and so.
I wish you luck. I really hope something breaks open.

The state is offering a $150,000 reward for any information that may help police solve any of the mysteries of what happened to three girls missing from the Vernon area for 40 years or more.

"Something that may have seemed insignificant to someone back then may be important information for us to have today," Tolland State's Attorney Matthew Gedansky said Thursday at a press conference at Vernon Town Hall.

Gedansky also announced the formation of a special Tolland County cold case task force that will handle any new tips that come in and also review the voluminous files of the three missing girls – Debra Spickler, Janice Pockett and Lisa White.
http://www.courant.com/news/connecticut/hc-missing-children-rewards-20141016-story.html

bumping for janice may this be the year that answers come for her family

PLEASE SOMEBODY!!!
Three days ago the name of Janice Pocket made my radar. As I looked at her picture I remembered two men that tried to abduct me in the spring of 1971.
I remember their faces and car and speech pattern clearly, but no one form the "Task force" will return my calls. Back then the police and my family didn't even believe me. If they had, maybe some of these other connecticut girls would be here today. Could someone please direct me to a place where I could write my details of what I remember? To someone who gives a darn? (There is a chance that the guy is alive, I don't dare look at pics in case I have to view mugshots)

PLEASE SOMEBODY!!!
Three days ago the name of Janice Pocket made my radar. As I looked at her picture I remembered two men that tried to abduct me in the spring of 1971.
I remember their faces and car and speech pattern clearly, but no one form the "Task force" will return my calls. Back then the police and my family didn't even believe me. If they had, maybe some of these other connecticut girls would be here today. Could someone please direct me to a place where I could write my details of what I remember? To someone who gives a darn? (There is a chance that the guy is alive, I don't dare look at pics in case I have to view mugshots)

Contact the Governor's Office and tell them that you are not getting a response from the Task Force. They can get the ball rolling.

Welcome to Websleuths, zade. I am so very sorry to know that you had that traumatic experience. I hope you have found ways to heal. I too am an abduction/assault survivor. As in your case, my mother did not believe me; at least at first. When she did eventually understand that I was telling the truth, she began to treat me with the deepest antipathy. In the 70s it was difficult for survivors to find support.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! For responding to my post. I am dizzy from the realization of what I encountered and what may have been the outcome.
The fact that no official response to the calls and emails I have sent, (one call and one email to each set of authorities) is to me, as traumatizing as the fact I was not believed back when I was a child. (The very next day, I was sent back downtown for a jug of milk).
You are the first response I have gotten from ANYBODY in the past 4 days. I cannot thank you enough.
I do not dare read any of the previous posts concerning these girls, in case I ever get a chance to look at some mug shots. (I don't want to be 'contaminated'). Thank You again.

Did you ever see Janice's facebook page I believe ran by her sister? She has an email listed on there to contact her with any information. Her email is mapeanevca@sbcglobal.net

I just finished reading the entire thread here on Janice and I wanted to post because this case always was on my mind growing up. I first lived in Webster Mass. and moved to the next town( Vernon ) over from Tolland a few months after Janice disappeared . I was 7 at the time and I remember my parents were concerned. Then the other missing girls happened from Vernon the next few years. I grew up, with my friends always talking about these cases and wondering what happened. We always had it in the back of our minds of course because we biked all thru these areas, walked all thru lots of woods, visited lots of swimming hole, fishing spots, took lots of chances as teenagers, walking at night, even hitchhiking ( yikes).
Over the years, I read what I could on the Internet and always hoped for an arrest or some clues. I think Janice's sister has done a wonderful job with her Facebook and keeping Janice in the news. I hope someone comes forward with something. I wonder if the task force established in 2014 assigned to these cold cases has come up with anything new???
Just wanted to stop by here, and hopefully it bumps Janice' s case.

I just finished reading the entire thread here on Janice and I wanted to post because this case always was on my mind growing up. I first lived in Webster Mass. and moved to the next town( Vernon ) over from Tolland a few months after Janice disappeared . I was 7 at the time and I remember my parents were concerned. Then the other missing girls happened from Vernon the next few years. I grew up, with my friends always talking about these cases and wondering what happened. We always had it in the back of our minds of course because we biked all thru these areas, walked all thru lots of woods, visited lots of swimming hole, fishing spots, took lots of chances as teenagers, walking at night, even hitchhiking ( yikes).
Over the years, I read what I could on the Internet and always hoped for an arrest or some clues. I think Janice's sister has done a wonderful job with her Facebook and keeping Janice in the news. I hope someone comes forward with something. I wonder if the task force established in 2014 assigned to these cold cases has come up with anything new???
Just wanted to stop by here, and hopefully it bumps Janice' s case.

Hi, lesajo. Great post. It's good to have another local posting on this thread. Welcome ! (BTW; zade, where are you?)

Thanks for the welcome. As it turns out also, I have relatives who grew up on the same street in Webster as Nathanial Bar jonah, ( child serial killer arrested in Montana, with Webster connections)who was one of the suspects in Janice's disappearance. Although he was only 17 when Janice went missing, he had already been charged with crimes involving children ( boys though). He died in prison . Very bad man.
Hoping for task force to make a break on Janice's case or any of the missing girls in this area. These families need answers.
Yes, zade we hope you return.

Hi zade,
I hope you come back.
I was also the victim of an attempted abduction/assault when I was a young girl in 1978 (the man lured me part way into some woods on the pretense of helping him find his lost dog) and I always wonder if my memories of what happened could help make connections with missing/murdered children in New England during that time.

I have not read this entire thread. The first person who came to my mind was a serial killer of girls named Richard Evonitz but he would have only been 10 years old at the time and I think we can be pretty sure that this offender was driving a vehicle of some sort. There was also the so-called Baybysitter serial child killer who was operating in SE Michigan in the late 1970s and who was never caught. This case resembles those crimes a lot except the victim was not later displayed. If this was the killer's first slaying then maybe they had not settled on that proclivity yet. Probably not connected but just throwing that in there.

Hi zade,
I hope you come back.
I was also the victim of an attempted abduction/assault when I was a young girl in 1978 (the man lured me part way into some woods on the pretense of helping him find his lost dog) and I always wonder if my memories of what happened could help make connections with missing/murdered children in New England during that time.

Thanks for sharing that, and must have been frightening to have been a victim of being lured and almost abducted. I am curious if this occurred in the same area as Janice ( or the other girls who went missing)??
And I think whatever your memories are may be helpful, you never know when that one tip or connection is made.

just a thought have you thought about looking into how much a billboard would cost regular or electronic? maybe having a billboard with her photo some butterflies and a number to call for any informatio. have this billboard on section of a major highway that gets a lot of traffic

Hello everyone, I am back. I am still struggling with the inability to get someone to listen to me. A head of one of the task forces called me back and set a tentative appointment but never got back to me to firm up the ime. He has since left the task force and the latest contact there has never returned my emails or phone calls.
I sent everyone on the case a likeness of the man, of the car, even a picture of the man I believe actually tried to abduct me. (one of two). No one returns my queries.
For what ever reason, absolutely no one is interested in what I have to say.

Hello everyone, I am back. I am still struggling with the inability to get someone to listen to me. A head of one of the task forces called me back and set a tentative appointment but never got back to me to firm up the ime. He has since left the task force and the latest contact there has never returned my emails or phone calls.
I sent everyone on the case a likeness of the man, of the car, even a picture of the man I believe actually tried to abduct me. (one of two). No one returns my queries.
For what ever reason, absolutely no one is interested in what I have to say.

Call your local state and local representatives/ Political pressure tends to motivate people. Chances are your local reps know the local PD including the Police Chiefs & Sheriffs. Also, call your state attorney general's office and even the Governor's office. Squeaky wheel gets the oil!

Hi Zade, try reaching out to Janice's sister, she has a Facebook page and an email listed above. She may be able to direct you to someone, or maybe can help. I hope someone listens to you.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back