CT CT - Janice Pockett, 7, Tolland, 26 July 1973

Discussion in '1970's Missing' started by Up2theminute, Feb 15, 2004.

1. savagewatch

savagewatch Member

Contact Vernon Detective Devenere. He is handling the Lisa White case in Vernon from 1974. He will at the least talk to you via phone.

2. Lavender Moon

Lavender Moon Well-Known Member

Hi, zade. Perhaps you might keep pushing. I know what you mean about a seeming disinterest. When I submit tips, I receive no response. I believe we have to keep trying (and praying.) .

3. smile22

smile22 Live Laugh Love

what about going to the media with this info and saying hey i was almost abducted years ago and no one will take my story seriously. you could go down to the police station and demand someone take a look at your story. don't give up any chance you have a link to the photos of the man i was sent stuff back in the mid 200s on some suspects or people in the area there is this man if you want to pm me i can give you his name he was questioned in janice's case but lawyered up and le could no longer question him. and there were a few other men and photos from news paper clippings i no longer have those files as i no longer have access to the email they were sent to and the computer i had them downloaded to is long gone

4. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Forum Coordinators

http://www.courant.com/news/connecticut/hc-tolland-missing-girls-0415-20160414-story.html

5. lesajo

lesajo Active Member

"I think we are making tremendous progress"..... from above quote, hmmm, interesting to say the least. Hope they mean what they say. Would be nice to get answers after 40 years. That's my home turf.

6. marble

marble Well-Known Member

Hi lesajo-

just seeing this now, apologies for the late reply. This happened between Saco/Biddeford and Old Orchard beach Maine. I can't remember which jurisdiction the police who took the report were from. I posted a longer version of the story somewhere else, - ok I found it, in the Quebec serial killer thread here:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-killings-1980-s-90-s&p=11176225#post11176225

7. lesajo

lesajo Active Member

Thanks marble, I went back and read your account of what happened, it was compelling, I felt the fear and caution you were feelling. I am so glad you were ok! Expecially since the person you believe may have been the perp turned out to be a child rapist. I then went on to Google him, geesh.
    I also found your story interesting because I had spent many summers in Old Orchard Beach growing up. Was our vacation spot and I reminisced in the Google map. Lots has changed, I see there is a condo where the amusement park was,and a drug store across from where we used to stay, the Rambler Rest.
    And who knows, any of these cases in that New England corridor could be connected........it's just so hard now because 20- 40 years have passed. Perps are probably dead, but still hopeful for some closure for these families.

8. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

http://www.ct.gov/csao/cwp/view.asp?a=1798&q=555058

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/inside...ase-squad-and-three-40-year-old-missing-girls

Spickler_Debra.jpg
    Pockett_Janice.jpg
    White_Lisa.jpg

9. lesajo

lesajo Active Member

Thanks for that post dotr! I listened to the podcast, and it really gave a personal perspective regarding these three girls disappearance because of the family members participating and saying how they felt, and what they remember, etc. I give them a lot of credit.
    Secondly, so impressed with this cold case squad they put together, exclusively for these cases!!! I know I read about it before, but to hear them, the enthusiasm, the work being done, etc.....wow! And to hear about all those tips they still get. Something has to pan out! And the hope expressed by the family, it's just great. Prayers they get some answers.

10. Brownie33

Brownie33 New Member

Any new information?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

11. sunnynz

sunnynz Well-Known Member

Is there any thought from those who know a lot about Janice's case that she may have survived for any length of time following her disappearance? I am looking at her as a possible match for a Jane Doe but the JD's date of death is in 1991.

Wondering if the pervading theory for Janice is that she met with immediate foul play, rather than being trafficked or similar.

Thanks

lesajo likes this.
  12. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

lesajo likes this.
  13. sunnynz

lesajo likes this.
  14. smile22

smile22 Live Laugh Love

Do you have a link to the jd that you are talking about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lesajo likes this.
  15. sunnynz

Yes, this one. https://identifyus.org/cases/2813 It's largely based on physical similarities/resemblance.

lesajo likes this.
  16. smile22

smile22 Live Laugh Love

I don't really see anything
    Her sister posts on here so maybe she could be of more help in regards to jd but I don't see anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lesajo likes this.
  17. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Wondering if JP's family are tall as this uid is approx 5'10''? Wondering if she has a thread or not, she looks familiar, imo?

lesajo likes this.
  18. sunnynz

lesajo likes this.
  19. Lavender Moon

Lavender Moon Well-Known Member

Bumping for Janice

lesajo likes this.
  20. sister

sister New Member

Janice’s DNA is in NamUs

lesajo likes this.