Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #4 *ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The situation is being talked about on the Nextdoor app by neighbors. I can see that it's a topic of discussion, I just couldn't get in. I couldn't sign in for that area. You have to give your phone number to verify you live in the area. They stipulate that the phone number must have the billing address you provide, which must be in the neighborhood you are signing up for.
Yes, NextDoor is in the neighborhood but I don't feel comfortable discussing what my neighbors are saying on a closed registration platform.

Further anything said is purely an opinion and that isn't what WS is about due to the TOS requirements. Think about it, how would you feel if you are chatting away on ND and someone unknown to you is screenshotting your comments and posting them without your knowledge on WS?

Maybe others differ but I would never do it and its the same way I wouldn't screenshot a text and post or send that to someone else not part of the convo - even though this gets done all the time in our phone driven world. Personal choice and MOO COMPLETELY.

MT is a women who is being charged with tampering and hindering a murder investigation! I do think and would love to hear from our verified attorneys if MT’s legal team (whomever that consists of) would have advised her to have NO communications toward family/friends in the courtroom, other than a recognized nod. The blowing of the kiss to me says a great deal about MT.....MOO.....MT likes to do it her way!
I’m behind but answering as I go. I personally advise my clients about their demeanor in court, whether it be facial expressions or controlling emotions. I’m not a criminal lawyer so I don’t have to deal with clients responding to their families. To my knowledge, there’s no script as to what an attorney will advise in that situation but even more important, a client will do what the client wants.

It’s always worth remember that all we (lawyers) can do is give advice. I can’t tell you how many people pay lots of money for advice and then ignore it and do whatever they want. Frustrating but reality

I have lived in Connecticut for 52 years and I always have heard that bodies are taken to the Chief Medical Examiner in Farmington. Honestly, Connecticut is so small and Farmington is nearly in the middle so it isn't far from any point in the state. I am not sure each county has an ME.
They have always been the best. Knew one of them back in the day. MOO.

Oooh, very different! I'm always surprised how long drives take outside of New England (i.e. Seattle to Richland). I think a lot of people are surprised about both how small CT is but also the length of the drive from NC to Farmington in this case.
Yes, its a small state but due to traffic and congestion it takes a L O N G T I M E to get anyplace! During rush hours which seem to start earlier and earlier its not unusal to double/triple the miles to travel to get the time until your trip is done. GPS will stay still in terms of miles to travel while the time keeps going up.

Thank you - this is a horrible case and I've followed many over the years - the properties he owns/Fore Group owns:
Available Homes - Fore Group Inc.
Fore Group - 4 Jefferson Crossing - former marital home now shared by JD and MT and subject of new search after MT spoke with prosecutor 6/6/19 (3 hours)

Fore Group - 61 Sturbridge Hill - located near NC house that JD lives in (speculation that this house may have been used to lie in wait for her and banging heard)
Loud banging heard at Fotis Dulos’ New Canaan property one day after Jennifer’s disappearance
Fore Group -80 Mountain Spring Rd - FD spent 2 hours here the afternoon of the disappearance (see arrest warrant)
Fore Group - Olcott way - FD property - Did LE search this property?

69 Welles Lane NC - home of JD and children

View attachment 188044
ETA correct banging story
I've wondered about that too - how he bought land in NC to develop when that is where she moved to to get away from him.

He didn’t rent. She did.

It looks like it was an insurance claim, and had nothing to do with her vehicle being seized or anything.

As far as I can tell, it has nothing to do with this case.

So MT had filed an insurance claim around the time JD went missing. Considering (per MSM) her mother has been involved in fraudulent transactions, MT's insurance claim at this time looks very suspicious.

I understand LE searching the FD and JD houses and nearby woods and waters. But who dumps anything in their own backyard? That’s the first place they’ll look. I don’t think they’ll find much there. They tried to clean up as best they could and drive far away to dump items in random trash cans.

So MT had filed an insurance claim around the time JD went missing. Considering (per MSM) her mother has been involved in fraudulent transactions, MT's insurance claim at this time looks very suspicious.
Can someone explain about this insurance claim as I'm a bit lost. Where did this originate - source of comment? Thanks

Yeah, but if you’ve just participated in a murder plot, I think the least of your concerns would be cashing in on a damaged vehicle.

As a true crime junkie, my diet consists of unsavory characters. Few I have despised more than MT. IDK why. Her actions during JD's mariage are vile, beyond malevolence. Look at how quick she ratted out her "paramour." If the courts go easy on her, I'll vomit.

MT has smart wealthy parents, who would know the best attorneys for her.
Possibly a deal for lots of info, so their daughter is spared.
I hope we won't be disgusted, if she has no prison term.
MOO.

Yes, its a small state but due to traffic and congestion it takes a L O N G T I M E to get anyplace! During rush hours which seem to start earlier and earlier its not unusal to double/triple the miles to travel to get the time until your trip is done. GPS will stay still in terms of miles to travel while the time keeps going up.
Especially with the construction on I-95 lately.

I understand LE searching the FD and JD houses and nearby woods and waters. But who dumps anything in their own backyard? That’s the first place they’ll look. I don’t think they’ll find much there. They tried to clean up as best they could and drive far away to dump items in random trash cans.
Quite a few cases I’ve followed had bodies found within a one mile radius of a home - caylee Lizzie I sure there are others - JMO

There is a recent case on here where the suspect did just that. Amberly Barnet. The suspect place her in the woods 200 yards from his back door and when the police came to search he went back there, came back and basically said, “just checked there, nothing to see”. I would link the thread but cannot figure out how! MOO

@Nccs_local thanks so much for your post. Your insight is invaluable to those of us reading up on this.

In response to someone who asked if the teacher's perspective of what the kids thought of their dad (adored him), verses what JD stated the kids felt about their dad (scared of him)....I see that all the time in school. Kids learn to adapt to contentious divorces. They might tell one parent what they want to hear (e.g. dad is a jerk) but in turn display affection for the same parent when mom isn't around to see. It is a basic survival skill for kids caught in the middle of a messy divorce. While WE all may think FD is a sociopathic jerk, those 5 kids may not see that side of him at all.

Also, just a side note, for those wondering how FD might have known JD's schedules for the day (and I hope this comes out correctly and not accusatory) the kids could have innocently let something slip via text. I've had multiple students over the years who have said "when I am at my dad's house I am not allowed to call my mom." But once kids get access to cell phones, it gets a lot harder to control/manage information. If the kids really did adore their dad, I can easily see FD texting one of the kids asking "hey, you guys on your way to school? What time are you leaving town today?" followed with a "can't wait to see you this weekend" and one of the kids innocently texting back the info, never thinking in a million years what would happen later that day.

I am not saying any of the Dulos kids have cell phones, but as a middle school teacher, it is a safe bet the 13 year olds do.

I hope its clear I am not accusing anyone nor laying blame on the children. If it comes off that way, please let me know and I will delete the post immediately. All I am trying to say is that I can see how it could happen, if indeed the kids could text.
I'm certain that would be a tactic he would use. He would have no issue using his innocent child for that info. Remember, many, many years ago Betty Broderick did something similar to obtain her teenage daughters keys to access her ex-husband's home to murder him and his new wife.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288