Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #6 *ARRESTS*

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by doodles1211, May 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. citygirl

citygirl Well-Known Member

Is there a way to tell if it was there before or after Jennifer's blood was there?

2. Jodiwankenobi8

Jodiwankenobi8 Well-Known Member

They are asking for speedy trial because currently, there is no Jennifer. Delaying the case only benefits the state. There is no ban on using evidence twice. There is only a double jeopardy limitation. He cannot be tried for murder, acquitted, then retried for manslaughter using the same fact pattern - victim/series of events.

3. bestill

bestill Well-Known Member

So if you're FD what do you do with yourself tomorrow? No side piece, no kids, most likely no co-workers or clients and no money...

4. NWLady

NWLady Well-Known Member

I wonder if this 401K amount/information had been revealed before. For example, in regards to GF's lawsuit(s) against FD, and also if it had been revealed in the custody/divorce proceedings as an asset? If not, it will be now!

5. Not a Belle

Not a Belle Well-Known Member

Begging for money, I mean marketing!:rolleyes:

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
  6. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

That's not quite right. They're talking about double jeopardy. It's a two pronged test:

1. Did the crimes charged occur during the same "transaction"?

If so;

2. Does each crime charged necessitate the finding of a fact that the other charge doesn't require?

An easy way to look at it is if one crime constitutes a lesser included of the other. Than its probably double jeopardy to convict of both.

In this case, IMO, tampering and hindering aren't lesser includeds of homicide. They aren't a part of the homicide charge. They do show consciousness of guilt, however.

7. Jodiwankenobi8

Yes

LittleBitty, Kapua, Flicka1 and 2 others like this.
  8. KDB

KDB Active Member

So sorry if this has been asked/provided but does anyone have a link or picture of the bracelet? I just cannot believe it. I did search NYPost site & Twitter.

9. Alkali13

Alkali13 Wannabe Criminalist

I think they were trying to speed up the evidence tampering. I think it was supposed to be a show of bravado and confidence. Pattis knew it wouldn't be granted, but not the image of a strong, confident defense is.

10. Alkali13

Alkali13 Wannabe Criminalist

No one has posted one yet, although it's been asked many times. I think it started with the Daily Mail?

11. peace9274

peace9274 Well-Known Member

Unless they were court ordered by the judge to stay away from each other, IMOO, they will definitely be together.

8paws, afitzy, ChiCubs2016 and 5 others like this.
  12. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

I think he was trying to do a sly end run around the family court and enable his client to get his hands on an asset tied up in the divorce action.

If a criminal judge issued an order than he thinks the family court would have to follow it.

Vivismom04, 8paws, KNinTX and 9 others like this.
  13. NWLady

NWLady Well-Known Member

IIRC in another case I followed on Websleuths, in that state, if the defendant could post his/her own bond, then defendant also had to pay for his own defense lawyer. Does anything like this pertain in state of CT?

Sorry if this has already been addressed but I am way behind on the thread.

8paws, Mrs. M, ChiCubs2016 and 5 others like this.
  14. Not a Belle

Not a Belle Well-Known Member

How does that work? Would the family court have to follow it?

15. Jodiwankenobi8

It is unknown.

LittleBitty, Flicka1 and Alkali13 like this.
  16. citygirl

citygirl Well-Known Member

But he looked rested to me. Much better than when he first appeared. His coloring was good, IMO. Strange.

8paws, LittleBitty, Anance and 6 others like this.
  17. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Ain’t the Ones Beneath the Bed

I’m not sure.

I haven’t heard about this sort of thing before (potential touch DNA mixing with blood).

It sounds incriminating, but I’m not sure if it’s the equivalent of a bloody fingerprint (his print with her blood).

We’ll learn more going forward, but it does seem like the prosecution finds it compelling.

8paws, HayLouise, KNinTX and 11 others like this.
  18. spaz1959

spaz1959 Well-Known Member

You still have the two of them on video dumping evidence in trash cans. JD 's Blood on sponges and such. Why would 2 innocent people be dumping damning evidence in multiple trash receptacles all over town?? Why not one? Why would you have one or 100 trash bags with JD's blood in it. Can that be explained away? ! No. This question needs to keep being asked of these 2!

19. ChiCubs2016

ChiCubs2016 Well-Known Member

Work was busy today so I am feverishly trying to catch up! Thanks to all for the amazing notes and posts of today’s events.
    We know FD broke an order and took his children off a bus in school property, why wouldn’t he show up at the house without permission? Especially if he was planning his Friday attack. This guy has big ones and really does not care about rules. And he is so arrogant he really thinks people will believe his answer to any evidence against him. These two goofs drove around town throwing away evidence and now they are each other alibis? Did I read that correct? Is this candid camera or something? MOO! And I am not fully caught up so forgive me for anything I wrote that had been corrected and I just have not got there yet!!

20. Hazelnutty

Hazelnutty Innocent Bystander

Poor Jennifer. I hope she is located very soon.

Prayers for her family and children. I cannot imagine how they feel with FD getting out on top of everything else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.