Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #6 *ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it’s skin cells, and not related to blood (as much as I hope I’m wrong).

I’m sure I read that they executed a warrant on his body, and that would involve looking for cuts.

As we haven’t heard about a cut, the chances of that DNA being blood, appear to be slim.
Is there a way to tell if it was there before or after Jennifer's blood was there?

Can any of our lawyers explain implications of FD getting a speedy trial on the existing charges? If he has that trial, on what terms can that information then come into a murder trial assuming murder charges come? If he has that speedy trial, is that a way they can keep those charges out of a murder trial. Afraid the push for speedy trial on NP's part is because it will keep stuff out.
They are asking for speedy trial because currently, there is no Jennifer. Delaying the case only benefits the state. There is no ban on using evidence twice. There is only a double jeopardy limitation. He cannot be tried for murder, acquitted, then retried for manslaughter using the same fact pattern - victim/series of events.

Replying again. His lawyer really wanted to just take control of the 401K instead of having to remove money from it and made many references to that in court. Maybe the funds haven't been withdrawn.
I wonder if this 401K amount/information had been revealed before. For example, in regards to GF's lawsuit(s) against FD, and also if it had been revealed in the custody/divorce proceedings as an asset? If not, it will be now!

Someone posted something earlier today about how is someone is tried for one crime then they cannot use the same evidence to convict that same person of another crime. So if they try him on tampering they in theory could not use the same evidence for a murder charge. So the prosecutors are forced to make an early choice.

That's not quite right. They're talking about double jeopardy. It's a two pronged test:

1. Did the crimes charged occur during the same "transaction"?

If so;

2. Does each crime charged necessitate the finding of a fact that the other charge doesn't require?

An easy way to look at it is if one crime constitutes a lesser included of the other. Than its probably double jeopardy to convict of both.

In this case, IMO, tampering and hindering aren't lesser includeds of homicide. They aren't a part of the homicide charge. They do show consciousness of guilt, however.

They are asking for speedy trial because currently, there is no Jennifer. Delaying the case only benefits the state. There is no ban on using evidence twice. There is only a double jeopardy limitation. He cannot be tried for murder, acquitted, then retried for manslaughter using the same fact pattern - victim/series of events.
I think they were trying to speed up the evidence tampering. I think it was supposed to be a show of bravado and confidence. Pattis knew it wouldn't be granted, but not the image of a strong, confident defense is.

Love the judge saying he didn't want to get involved in the minutia of managing the 401K! Pattis looked like he had totally sucked a lemon and has to be wondering if he will be forced to take the case pro bono when the money runs out!

I think he was trying to do a sly end run around the family court and enable his client to get his hands on an asset tied up in the divorce action.

If a criminal judge issued an order than he thinks the family court would have to follow it.

IIRC in another case I followed on Websleuths, in that state, if the defendant could post his/her own bond, then defendant also had to pay for his own defense lawyer. Does anything like this pertain in state of CT?

Sorry if this has already been addressed but I am way behind on the thread.

Is there a way to tell if it was there before or after Jennifer's blood was there?
I’m not sure.

I haven’t heard about this sort of thing before (potential touch DNA mixing with blood).

It sounds incriminating, but I’m not sure if it’s the equivalent of a bloody fingerprint (his print with her blood).

We’ll learn more going forward, but it does seem like the prosecution finds it compelling.

I believe if they had enough for murder they would have charged him. If Pattis is correct and there is evidence he was home (meeting lawyers and on the phone with someone in Greece) there is a big problem that is only mitigated by his dna at JD's house. I keep coming back to someone helping him. If not, MT, who? Was someone supposed to kidnap her and bring her to Farmington? Was there a mistake in taking her and FD had to go and clean up? Did he leave the meeting at his home race to NC on his own or with an accomplice?

Too many questions if the assertion that he and MT were home with each other and had a legal meeting early on.
You still have the two of them on video dumping evidence in trash cans. JD 's Blood on sponges and such. Why would 2 innocent people be dumping damning evidence in multiple trash receptacles all over town?? Why not one? Why would you have one or 100 trash bags with JD's blood in it. Can that be explained away? ! No. This question needs to keep being asked of these 2!

I agree, but there are apparently witnesses to corroborate his presence on that day. The only debate is whether he went in the house or not.

Work was busy today so I am feverishly trying to catch up! Thanks to all for the amazing notes and posts of today’s events.
We know FD broke an order and took his children off a bus in school property, why wouldn’t he show up at the house without permission? Especially if he was planning his Friday attack. This guy has big ones and really does not care about rules. And he is so arrogant he really thinks people will believe his answer to any evidence against him. These two goofs drove around town throwing away evidence and now they are each other alibis? Did I read that correct? Is this candid camera or something? MOO! And I am not fully caught up so forgive me for anything I wrote that had been corrected and I just have not got there yet!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong