Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #8 *ARRESTS*

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by doodles1211, May 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

You're very right. And I think even with the info police have it's still hard. Almost like finding a needle in a haystack. Which is why they've gone to so many places.

Flicka1, ChiCubs2016, kimpage and 6 others like this.
  2. curiousjo

curiousjo Active Member

I think that she was reported missing to LE sooner than FD had anticipated, and he knew LE would be contacting him that night! So, he & MT had to get rid of evidence ASAP! It was not well thought out. Plus he had the employee truck for disguise... and chose the location to set up employee who lived in that area! In Today’s electronic era, it’s surprising they didn’t realize that LE could track cell pings and video camera footage would document the dumpster odyssey! Too bad JD didn’t have video cameras- but maybe she does and we just don’t know it yet! Anyways, I’m thinking LE needs to look very closely at all cell records, as to the duo where abouts, since they didn’t realize pings who leave a trail!

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
    ab01, Flicka1, Curious in CT and 9 others like this.
  3. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

They can reveal it if the client gives them permission.

4. Sherlockhemlock

Sherlockhemlock Well-Known Member

People like that blame everything on someone else. To FD everything was JDs fault, the loan from her dad, the business failure, the divorce, the kids not wanting to waterski, the impending legal issues from the failure of FORE group, her demands for his finances, “keeping him from his kids, probably even his burned dinner. It’s not rational but neither is he.

In his mind, eliminating JD was the solution to a of his problems. He gets the kids, he can extort the grandmother by using the kids (and promise of contact with them or withholding contact because they are just pawns too to him) to get her to drop the lawsuit and for money from their trust fund (I assume he would have no control because of how large trusts are usually managed; the divorce and costs and demands for money would be gone; if he had life insurance from the marriage, cash influx is likely. He saw it as a solution to his problems- remove the woman who is “ruining his life “. Not rational but neither is he. JMO

Side note: I have a friend so is similar in some ways. He blames everything on her. He lost his job because of downsizing and still managed to blame her claiming he was “too distracted “ because she “didn’t submit to him enough “.

Flicka1, BelleIsle, byo and 3 others like this.
  5. Side Sleuth

Side Sleuth Active Member

That is true. It is also admirable and selfless of parents to do that. I am just surprised if that is the case here given their history and even the events immediately before her murder which some have speculated might have been the tipping point for him. IICR it was about showing all of his finances. Maybe eventually we will learn the truth including the events of May 22nd. MOO

Flicka1, adot0902, Wsimm and 3 others like this.
  6. NWLady

NWLady Well-Known Member

JMO, but I think FD is the type of person who has always gotten his way and it's kind of like the - it's my way or the highway. I do believe he always wanted to be the one in complete control of everything. When JD took kids and left, to try and get away from all of FD's controlling behaviors, etc., I think that's when FD's initial thoughts of murdering/revenge started. A guy who appears to be as physically fit as he does, would not necessarily need a weapon to do deadly harm to someone JD's size.

I think he had been stewing about a lot of things that led up to JD's disappearance, including having to pay child support, health insurance, the lawsuits filed by JD's mother, etc., and FD simply wanted JD out of his life and gone forever, because his plan of JD, kids, Fotis himself and his mistress all in one household didn't go as he planned. And he had lost the total control over JD when she left and got her own place.

He is too self-centered and has such a narrow field of vision, and is probably so used to getting his way all the time, he didn't even stop for 1 minute to think about how this would affect the children, JD's mother, etc., nor did he care how it would affect them all, as long as he got his way, that's all that mattered to him.

JMO

7. CuriousGA9

CuriousGA9 Active Member

Seem to recall certain FD attorneys asked to no longer represent him for professional reasons (sorry - can’t find the link to state technical language). I wonder if they were asked to confirm an appointment on that day and time as alibi and they were not comfortable doing so.

8. Kapua

Kapua Well-Known Member

According to this article, the employee had FD's Ford Raptor all week.
    The events of May 24, the last day Jennifer Farber Dulos was seen alive, are a key element of the investigation into her disappearance

Flicka1, cass523, Wsimm and 3 others like this.
  9. clearskies1

clearskies1 Well-Known Member

Yes, the attorney can confirm without breaching attorney/client privilege. The fact that there was a meeting and the time of the meeting are NOT protected by attorney/client privilege. Only what was said in the meeting is protected by the privilege. The client does not need to give permission for the attorney to reveal this kind of information.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
    Flicka1, ChiCubs2016 and Laughing like this.
  10. Sherlockhemlock

It would have made more sense for him to ASK to go in the house so he has an explanation for his dna rather than say he didn’t want his dna in the house. This leads me to believe that while he was planning the murder, he wasn’t planning on blood (strangulation or blunt object and didn’t realize how badly a head wound will bleed).

11. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

The only thing we know about Wednesday may 22 is from the hearing - he was at the house - it was a wed so his court ordered visitation schedule (supervised) allowed him there but we don’t know if JD was there or who else other than witnesses according to the prosecutor at the hearing - IMO he used it to scope out the house one last time before making his move may 24

12. Mrs. M

Mrs. M Well-Known Member

Also, didn’t he almost hit her in that driveway in New Canaan when he was picking up the kids? He totally knew where she lived.

Flicka1, Laughing and indicolite22 like this.
  13. clearskies1

clearskies1 Well-Known Member

Re FD expressing concern that his DNA could have been transferred into JD's house via his children, I understood the DA to be saying that FD expressed concern about this to witnesses AFTER JD disappeared i.e., he did not express this concern while he was at JD's home (backyard) visiting the children. JMO.

14. Sherlockhemlock

Quite likely. My stepdad was Serbian Orthodox and I grew up in the culture which is similar to Greek (their equivalent to name day is Slava - the family patron saint holiday). In one of her blogs JD discusses the kids’ connection to FDs Greek culture. JMO

Flicka1, cass523, ChiCubs2016 and 8 others like this.
  15. ilovechili

ilovechili Well-Known Member

I can say it bothers me. Search warrants in another case I follow are full of errors. I have never made a big deal of it but yes, I find it scary. A misspelled word is one thing, big deal, but an alleged fact with the wrong time, date or more is another thing entirely.

Speaking generally, I think it shows at least sloppiness and a lack of regard for detail, or I fear it does. I even allow for the fact a search warrant is probably something they want to get approved in quick order and is often rushed, but the facts should still be correct.

Jmo though.

Flicka1, cass523, Wsimm and 5 others like this.
  16. Rosiebones

Rosiebones Well-Known Member

It seems that if the Wednesday visit to the house was court ordered and supervised then there is a credible witness (the person assigned to supervise) as to whether he ever went into the house etc. or where exactly he went that day.

Flicka1, sassyblue, Wsimm and 7 others like this.
  17. Mrs. M

Mrs. M Well-Known Member

Carefully taught, today I am happy I took the time to figure out how to read the messages I missed on web sleuths. This is amazing and I agree with nearly everything you wrote. My only hesitation is with the reference to side piece’s daughter in the end before the Clue reference, not sure if that’s kosher. There is an airport in Danbury so you are on to something there. I’m of the mindset that Jennifer is in Candlewood Lake in Danbury where Fulos is familiar with the area. Low visibility with depths of 40 feet and up to 80 feet in places. The Lake was created by Connecticut Light & Power by flooding a valley, town of Jerusalem included. The bottom of the lake is a town, with buildings, roads, Model T’s and surely some perfect spots for a body to get lost in. Especially if it was concealed in a weighted down cooler or other enclosure. I appreciate you sharing your ideas, they got me thinking. MOO.

Flicka1, cass523, ChiCubs2016 and 7 others like this.
  18. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Ain’t the Ones Beneath the Bed

Unfortunately, I think this is “touch DNA,” which is easier to explain away than DNA from blood.

The defense might be able to claim that he shook her hand or something, and she used the sink, thereby placing his DNA on the faucet.

Then, the person who killed her used to sink to clean up blood evidence, and the touch DNA mixed with that blood.

So this is incriminating, but there might be a plausible defense to it.

Flicka1, sassyblue, cass523 and 8 others like this.
  19. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Ain’t the Ones Beneath the Bed

Wow, I didn’t think about this.

That would be an ideal witness to his activity at the house that day.

Flicka1, sassyblue, cass523 and 9 others like this.
  20. Side Sleuth

Side Sleuth Active Member

It is my understanding from the quote that he said this to people while at JD's home on the 22nd. It was not concern after-the-fact that his DNA might be in the house, but a wilful intent not to leave DNA there prior to her disappearance. MOO

From the media thread:

Prosecutors also allege Fotis Dulos showed up at Jennifer Dulos' New Canaan home on Wednesday, May 22, two days before she vanished. He did not go inside, they said, and allegedly told people he didn't want to go inside because he was worried his DNA would be found inside the residence. The two have not been living together since Jennifer Dulos filed for divorce in 2017. Tests Find Man's DNA, CT Mom's Blood Mixed on Faucet: Court

Flicka1, sassyblue, cass523 and 11 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.