Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #8 *ARRESTS*

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by doodles1211, May 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jmoose

Jmoose Well-Known Member

Yes-this is how I see it, possibly

Flicka1, Laughing, tmar and 5 others like this.
  2. Alwaystyping

Alwaystyping Well-Known Member

3. Alwaystyping

Alwaystyping Well-Known Member

I’m just having a hard time picturing MT doing anything considerate like returning a purse. She seems pathologically selfish IMO. Not the type to inconvenience herself. Unless it serves a greater purpose, such as providing an alibi.

Flicka1, Laughing, mspepper and 4 others like this.
  4. AbbyG

AbbyG Well-Known Member

I have a question about the supposed bracelet worn to court by MT when she pled, the one reportedly engraved "Dulos." Later someone said the name was on a bead, and another bead had her child's name, which is maybe why the NYPost took it down. But on that court day MT was wearing very long sleeves with cuffs (and a long-sleeved cardigan, too) that went well past her wrists. There would be absolutely no way to see a bracelet unless she had it on over her shirt cuffs, which she did not. It would bother me very much if she wore his name on a bracelet to court, but it would also bother me if this was misreported - can anyone explain this? Was it a photo from another day, perhaps, or ... does anyone know? Thank you.

Flicka1, Sconnie, Traymar and 2 others like this.
  5. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Ain’t the Ones Beneath the Bed

That very well may be true, but I don’t think we know enough about her to come to a conclusion, one way or another.

6. Wsimm

Wsimm Well-Known Member

Excellent sleuthing!! I have viewed those same photos on Zillow countless times in the last few weeks and never picked up on the security system in the above video!

Flicka1, Laughing, spaz1959 and 4 others like this.
  7. Curious in CT

Curious in CT Truth is stranger than fiction

The "no commercial vehicles" rule on the Merritt Parkway is honor-code only. Unfortunately, violators are only caught when their vehicles can't make it past overpasses.

Flicka1, amgee, Laughing and 9 others like this.
  8. 2cocos

2cocos Well-Known Member

I'm assuming her main disorder was "married to an extreme narcissist a-hole", but we're unlikely to find that listed in the DSM.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
    Flicka1, Laughing, LadyL and 21 others like this.
  9. Kalamos23

Kalamos23 Well-Known Member

Earlier on in one of the threads, perhaps #6? Someone found out if you are perceived to be in significant physical danger (and LE highly suspected she was due to the garage), that also qualifies for a silver alert. I’ll see if I can find the posts.

Flicka1, Laughing, Chicago54 and 11 others like this.
  10. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

I think that story should go away since no one has ever provided any proof.

Flicka1, lovesit, Laughing and 19 others like this.
  11. MassGuy

No matter what the criteria is for a Silver Alert, there appears to be some leeway in issuing it. Also, each state has its own guidelines.

It’s not like an Amber alert, which has specific federal guidelines, and can only be issued by state agencies (usually the equivalent of the state police).

I’d love the exact reason, just out of curiosity. It doesn’t matter much at this point though.

ETA: Her friends reported her missing, so they might have told law enforcement that she had suffered emotional issues as a result of the contentious divorce. There is no reason that it couldn’t have been mental health related.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
    Flicka1, Laughing, Sconnie and 4 others like this.
  12. Kalamos23

Kalamos23 Well-Known Member

I found the post but I’m on mobile and it doesn’t give me the post numbers. It was in thread #7 by @otto, first post on page 11. It talks about a silver alert being done for adults under 65 requiring medical care.

Flicka1, oviedo, Hazelnutty and 3 others like this.
  13. Ohfrankie

Ohfrankie Well-Known Member

I wonder if the silver alert was used strategically. I imagine Fulos was suspected immediately - it doesn't take a rocket scientist. Maybe if he heard silver alert, he would think that LE wasn't onto him. A stretch?

14. MassGuy

I do think it’s a stretch.

Law enforcement probably wasn’t privy to precisely what was going on in her life at that point, or that her husband was the most likely culprit. Even if they did know these things, I don’t think it was done strategically.

I think it’s more likely that this was done as a matter of protocol, once they knew they were dealing with something with dire implications.

Flicka1, oviedo, kimpage and 8 others like this.
  15. Ohfrankie

Unless he gave her a story about disposing illegally of something related to his construction business. Just speculating.

I used to think she was a sociopath but now I think he's terrifying and she was stuck. And stupidly in love for who knows what reason.

16. Wsimm

Wsimm Well-Known Member

Your second to last sentence is one of the main things that really stood out to me after I read the entirety of JD’s blog! I personally found this particular article more significant or interesting than the others that followed!

Flicka1, peace9274 and MassGuy like this.
  17. MassGuy

Wow, this just made something occur to me.

Even if she didn’t know what they were dumping at the time, it had to occur to her in the days afterward.

His wife is missing, and you’ve just done something highly unusual.

Wouldn’t you want to protect yourself, and go to law enforcement right away?

Instead, it appears that she waited. Once law enforcement discovered video evidence of the dumping (about a week later), they charged them.

It appears that it was only then, that MT decided to cooperate (atleast to an extent).

Not a good look.

ETA: I don’t disagree with your idea that he made have told her that it was related to his construction business.

I just think she’s a bad person either way.

Faebray, Flicka1, Laughing and 20 others like this.
  18. clearskies1

clearskies1 Well-Known Member

Yes, I later posted, saying I disagreed with @otto -- the criteria in Conn is mental condition, not medical condition. Connecticut Silver Alert System – An Elderly and/or Mental Impairment Locator System – United Way of Connecticut – 211 and eLibrary I've posted about this ad nauseum and have provided links. If you have a link showing something different please post it. To date no one has linked to anything other than mental condition/mental impairment. I don't see that it makes a diff anyway. I will leave this to others now. I've posted what I can factually link to.

Flicka1, oviedo, kimpage and 3 others like this.
  19. Ohfrankie

More speculation. Living in Connecticut, I know it is fact that I have to wait 24 hours to report a missing person. So if I had a good friend who I thought was likely hurt by their ex-husband and time was of the essence in finding my friend, and I knew they suffered from depression, I might frame my report as a Silver Alert or report it in such a way that is silver alert was used. To get around the 24 hour delay that is necessary, and also to ensure that it gets blasted out by TV and radio. Lots of speculation on my part of course. I feel strongly that the silver alert was strategic.

Flicka1, amgee, Laughing and 14 others like this.
  20. MassGuy

That may have been the case in the past, but it is no longer the case. You can report a missing person immediately.

https://www.ct.gov/ova/lib/ova/Missing_Persons_Brochure.pdf

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.