Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #9 *ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes, it takes a while to build a case. Four weeks is not long. LE has to sort through all of the tips and video surveillance files, construct a time line, and gather as much evidence as possible. There is no innocent explanation for the DNA-blood mix on the kitchen faucet, and who knows where else he left his calling card? I believe that LE is steadfastly determined to solve this case and that more charges will be forthcoming. MOO
Yes, LE has a lot of important evidence. In addition to his DNA mixture in her home, they have him dumping items with JD's blood hours after the crime, and dumping an altered license plate. They have a ton of motive too. They have a lot. I really think that an arrest is coming soon. JMO.

JMOO, I found it "odd" a 7 yo knew about crowdfunding.

It is a thoughtful gesture, but maybe the family has information that leads them to believe a reward is not necessary.
The mother apparently sought to benefit from this tragedy and it appears used her son to raise the money. Glad this 'scam' was shut down promptly before more money was raised. Local press was asleep at the switch on this story IMO and it was exposed first on social media.

Are there toll booths between New Canaan and NY? To be more specific, if I drove from somewhere in CT to Pound Ridge NY (or an area close to Pound Ridge) could I use a toll booth?

Thanks in advance! :D
NC to Pound Ridge is all back country roads and the largest state road I believe is Rt 123. No tolls in this section of Westchester County/Fairfield County at all.

$800K was listed as the sale price in the paper, nothing to do with the assessed value, so I don’t think it’s that. If you cross reference transactions posted in the NC paper with the Tax Assessor web site, they box, this is very unusual. The person that sold FD 183 Hemlock Hill sub-divided his property and wrote to the Building Department supporting a variance for FD to build a pool house. The comments in the linked article below are interesting.

Owner of New House on Hemlock Hill Road Seeks Permission To Build Pool House in Side Yard Setback
You are finding interesting stuff.

I agree with you...something's up.

jmo

Frogtown road - isn’t a road you often see cyclists or runners. I am a runner and live very close. Frogtown is so hilly and has so many blind curves it is possibly one of the least safe roads to run or cycle around here. So I sincerely feel any one who is not in a car driving on frogtown road would be visible. Driving on Frogtown I am always super careful about slowing down out of fear of oncoming cars- so certainly my senses are heightened for pedestrians/cyclists as well. The other thing is frogtown is a real thoroughfare- there are limited routes in N.C. that run cross town between weed and Ponus Ridge. That said there are a few other less busy routes. But there are no sidewalks in N.C.- (except for downtown), so on all these routes usually those driving cars are very alert for people/animals and kids.

Frogtown road - isn’t a road you often see cyclists or runners. I am a runner and live very close. Frogtown is so hilly and has so many blind curves it is possibly one of the least safe roads to run or cycle around here. So I sincerely feel any one who is not in a car driving on frogtown road would be visible. Driving on Frogtown I am always super careful about slowing down out of fear of oncoming cars- so certainly my senses are heightened for pedestrians/cyclists as well. The other thing is frogtown is a real thoroughfare- there are limited routes in N.C. that run cross town between weed and Ponus Ridge. That said there are a few other less busy routes. But there are no sidewalks in N.C.- (except for downtown), so on all these routes usually those driving cars are very alert for people/animals and kids.
Thank you. I’ll abandon the bike idea and get back to thinking.

I don't think he will. LE already has evidence that incriminates him.
They still probably have hundreds of tips to follow up on, as well as his computer, cellphone data, and all the surveillance footage.
There may be witnesses who can provide information, too. We don't know how much his girlfriend or his children know, either.
The girlfriend (can't remember her name) is facing charges so maybe she will turn on him and LE will be able to get her to tell them what she knows. I don't know to what extent she was involved but if it comes down to being in prison or living free she may turn out to be an important witness. Imo

I would never underestimate the value of what the 13 year old children know. I imagine highly skilled interviewers have gathered info from way back.

FD may end up quite surprised at what the children heard when he never guessed they were listening.

On the other hand, here's a woman who was living the high life in a very upscale house, daughter in private school, nice cars, designer clothes, etc., and now she has been arrested, charged with a very serious crime, shamed, and her sugar daddy is likely to be arrested for the murder of his not-yet-ex-wife, and even if he should escape that, his friends and associates have already started to distance themselves from him. Oh, and he's the one who implicated her in the serious crimes she's charged with. What is her motivation to communicate with him at all? Don't you think her lawyer, not to mention her family has told her to cut her losses and tell the police everything she knows? I do. MOO
IMO she is not innocent and participated in this crime.

According to Google Maps, it’s 1 hour and 49 min from JS home to 80 Mountain Spring Road. His cell pinged at the later address at 1:37 pm. Thus, if he drove directly there (and no traffic delays) he had to leave her home by 11:48 am. There isn’t a lot of time to commit the crime, clean up, drop off her SUV at park and jog or Uber it back. That’s why I think he drove her straight to this location and spent 2 hours hiding her and prepping garbage bags. Hartford chosen since they incinerate trash. So either he hid her at 80 Mountain Spring Road or got lucky with trash collection and LE missed finding her. Or put her in trash bin at home with banging noise - maybe asked a contractor a favor to come pick up his trash early Saturday morning? In regards to any phone calls, I’m sure he uses a cell phone and can answer anywhere! Most do not have a land line anymore and with new Apple cell, it has option of 2 lines now! He had hiding spot ready to go and spent 2.5 hours at 80 Mountain Spring Road that afternoon then returned again later that day. He took longer than expected with garage clean up due to bleeding head injury, miscalculated how early she would be reported missing and he didn’t realize Hartford has video cameras. I’m sure he was wearing a single glove during garbage odyssey to prevent finger prints, and that’s why he wore single glove sweeping porch to say I always do this - blaming it on ortho CTS issue or something!
I think he wore the glove sweeping because he’s trying to send a message to MT. Was it a full glove or a waterski glove?

ITA!

Timing of catching JD at home. How did the perpetrator(s) approach her residence to ambush JD? Obviously it’s much easier to contemplate with an accomplice and if this were nighttime instead of broad daylight. But because I know from personal experience (brutal murder of a friends friend in broad daylight by one assailant) all of what was done to JD can be done by one person and can be done without many of any witnesses.

I was thinking about the license plate switcheroo issue and then you asked about how FD would 'catch JD at home'. He might not have known her exact schedule but did know about the school drop off times?

I wonder if the fake plates were initally used to park either at the Winter Club or NCCS to essentially follow JD back to her house after she dropped the children off at school?

We also know NCPD/State Police searched Irwin Park but no update was provided as to why exactly they were there. I wonder if maybe this is where FD parked rather than Winter Club and then jogged from Irwin to JD house?

We know FD was banned from NCCS property but perhaps he used the fake plates there to foil any cameras or security guard etc.? Depending on which vehicle was used it would be possible for FD to essentially hide in plain sight if he were in the Suburban IMO. NC has many black Suburbans. If FD used one of the trucks I think they might have stood out in the sea of SUVs used for school drop off.

I also can't see FD hanging out in a large SUV on Frogtown Rd as its dangerously narrow with no shoulder area. But I can see FD following JD from NCCS, parking at Winter Club using the fake plates and running to JD house. I also see a bit of a wild card scenario where FD uses the SUV to follow behind JD, she pulls into the garage and FD SUV is still in the driveway. If both SUVs are black and the driveway has limited visibility from the street (which it does) then anyone looking from the street might just think that its JD car in the driveway (unless they saw her followed and saw her pull her SUV into the garage).

Just keep thinking about how this could have been pulled off?!?

Last edited:
On the other hand, here's a woman who was living the high life in a very upscale house, daughter in private school, nice cars, designer clothes, etc., and now she has been arrested, charged with a very serious crime, shamed, and her sugar daddy is likely to be arrested for the murder of his not-yet-ex-wife, and even if he should escape that, his friends and associates have already started to distance themselves from him. Oh, and he's the one who implicated her in the serious crimes she's charged with. What is her motivation to communicate with him at all? Don't you think her lawyer, not to mention her family has told her to cut her losses and tell the police everything she knows? I do. MOO
I sure as hell hope so for her sake and her daughter, because if what everyone think happened to this innocent beautiful mother happened the girlfriend and her daughter are definitely in danger!?!?!.!

I don't believe we have red light cameras yet. I remember some being installed experimentally around eight years ago in New Haven, but I think there was an accident where someone was trying to speed to beat the camera, and the project was dropped. This is all IIRC.
There are traffic cams on the highways, but I'm not sure if they record or for how long.
Connecticut Cameras | View Live CT Cameras
EDIT: Just saw the website says the cameras DO NOT record.
The license plate scanners are used by local police. I don't know specifically about NCPD use of license plate scanners as I've seen them actively using radar guns but I know other area PD's use the scanning technology and its controversial as the public doesn't understand what the data retention policies are and what the data is being used for (it sounds like the typical PD situation where the technology is useful for their purposes but they gave zero thought to safeguarding the data they gathered IMO). Even if NCPD doesn't use the license plate scanners I wonder if NCPD checked with surrounding towns to see if any of the plates registered as being scanned?

I was thinking about the license plate switcheroo issue and then you asked about how FD would 'catch JD at home'.

I wonder if the fake plates were initally used to park either at the Winter Club or NCCS to essentially follow JD back to her house after she dropped the children off at school?

We know FD was banned from NCCS property but perhaps he used the fake plates there to foil any cameras or security guard etc.? Depending on which vehicle was used it would be possible for FD to essentially hide in plain sight if he were in the Suburban IMO. NC has many black Suburbans. If FD used one of the trucks I think they might have stood out in the sea of SUVs used for school drop off.

I also can't see FD hanging out in a large SUV on Frogtown Rd as its dangerously narrow with no shoulder area. But I can see FD following JD from NCCS, parking at Winter Club using the fake plates and running to JD house. I also see a bit of a wild card scenario where FD uses the SUV to follow behind JD, she pulls into the garage and FD SUV is still in the driveway. If both SUVs are black and the driveway has limited visibility from the street (which it does) then anyone looking from the street might just think that its JD car in the driveway (unless they saw her followed and saw her pull her SUV into the garage).

Yeah, it’s difficult to figure out the most likely scenario as to how he arrived at Jennifer’s property.

Initially, I was convinced that MT dropped him off. If NP is to be believed, then MT has an alibi that precludes her from having done that.

So somehow, he arrived undetected.

$800K was listed as the sale price in the paper, nothing to do with the assessed value, so I don’t think it’s that. If you cross reference transactions posted in the NC paper with the Tax Assessor web site, they box, this is very unusual. The person that sold FD 183 Hemlock Hill sub-divided his property and wrote to the Building Department supporting a variance for FD to build a pool house. The comments in the linked article below are interesting.

Owner of New House on Hemlock Hill Road Seeks Permission To Build Pool House in Side Yard Setback
agree. wonder if the pool house floor plans were estimated to be worth $800K after being built... I'm stumped.

I was thinking about the license plate switcheroo issue and then you asked about how FD would 'catch JD at home'.

I'm inclined to think the taped plates would have only been useful for deception after dark.

It seems the tape would be easily seen in daylight. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member