Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #9 *ARRESTS*

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by doodles1211, May 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

Thank you ! This is a key point IMO - how did he get to the house, transport the body, return her SUV to the park without being seen? Of course, we don't know yet if he was caught on any video, or if any of the tips include someone seeing him or a vehicle around this time frame. Your perspective is super helpful. JMO

Flicka1, afitzy, Sconnie and 3 others like this.
  2. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

I doubt the thought would have even crossed his mind. That was so long ago and I'm sure this guy has a lot more to think about than trying to come up with subtle symbolic references to a trial that occurred 25 years ago. Imo

CarefullyTaught, Alkali13 and Flicka1 like this.
  3. LittleBitty

LittleBitty Well-Known Member

Thought:
    It is clear to me why LE has only released a picture of a 2017 Black Chevrolet Suburban, the car JD was driving.
    Because when LE queried the Fore Group, LLC and saw all of those cars registered to that company and to FD AND later learned FD had played switcheroo with the ex-employee’s vehicle the week/day of JDs disappearance they realized it would cause too much confusion. Leave too much open for a possible defense. Create too many (whole well-meaning tips) false positives.

That’s why they only wanted tips on a 2017 Black Chevrolet Suburban. Why they didn’t use a picture of her actual one I don’t know.

LE has to rely on CCTV and checking against all known “suspect”vehicles arriving and driving around in and leaving New Canaan in the morning and afternoon of the 24th. Then check Hartford (which thankfully is covered by C4), then check Avon and Pound Ridge, NY, then check Farmington. This case will get solved but the amount of man hours LE has spent watching video will wind up being staggering when we see the final tally if they release that to the public.

Flicka1, Traymar, FunkyMonkey and 7 others like this.
  4. Iknowthings13

Iknowthings13 Member

Maybe more of a NP move in his strategic plan(?)

Flicka1, ab01, MsBetsy and 2 others like this.
  5. indicolite22

indicolite22 Well-Known Member

BBM. Does that imply that there was more blood in the kitchen, not just in the sink? Or could that mean that the cleaning lady cleaned the kitchen but missed a spot?

Flicka1 and kimch33kim like this.
  6. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

I'm wondering of NP is pushing for a fast trial with the current tampering charges in the hopes he can get a not-guilty verdict and then FD can leave the country before JD's body is found and/or murder charges are made!!? Is that theoretically possible? (I don't think he'll be found not-guilty no matter how long it takes to go to trial, but there is always the chance of not-guilty.)

Mainly, I think NP is blowing hot air, fwiw.

jmo

7. sleuth66

sleuth66 Well-Known Member

This isn’t odd at all. Have you been in Fairfield County? There are tons of Suburbans. I grew up 10 miles from Welles Lane and we’ve always had a Suburban on hand for the last 40 years (even before they became ubiquitous). Weather, ski trips, carpools, family, dog, etc.
    Likely she purchased her own in 2017 when she left him, there’s a family photo of them all on a ski trip in a black suburban from her blog somewhere.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
    8paws, Alkali13, Flicka1 and 9 others like this.
  8. ab01

ab01 "What is done in the dark always comes to light"

Personally I think he is pushing for discovery documents, so that he can see what they are up against and come up with a strategy to use against future murder charges.

I don't think he has any thoughts of actually ever going to trial on the current charges as they stand

He knows that he is undoubtedly prepping for a murder trial defense

And yes he is also undoubtedly blowing a lot of hot air in the process

JMO

8paws, Alkali13, Flicka1 and 17 others like this.
  9. Canchance

Canchance Well-Known Member

Totally
    Totally agree. And... I think he’d grab up those kids and take them away.

Flicka1, sassyblue, MsBetsy and 2 others like this.
  10. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

Interesting thought - why don't you expect there will be a trial on current charges? That's a new idea to me. Share what you're thinking!

jmo

Flicka1 and kimch33kim like this.
  11. kimch33kim

kimch33kim Forensic Accountant

I don't think it's odd at all that they released a stock pic of a car. When she was first missing they posted a stock pic since who would have a pic of their car? If your mom was missing today would you have a pic of her exact car to give to officials to put on the missing report? Probably not, unless you are a car enthusiast or someone who likes taking pics of everything. Now, after the fact her car was left and found at Wavenly Park, there is probably no reason to go out of their way and change the pic on the poster.

Flicka1, sassyblue, EmilyVan and 9 others like this.
  12. sleuth66

sleuth66 Well-Known Member

My immediate thought as well was an Uber (that’s what I would do, and I’m a runner but I’m not a murderer), but he’d have to be careful not to have it traceable in the app etc. He could have walked/ jogged over to the train station or Waveny Care Center or NC HS for pickup to make it less obvious, eg Uber pickup from Lapham Road would stand out. And then he’d have to make his destination something other than her home address too, that would be too traceable so he’d have to get out somewhere close but not exact. So that would be odd as well since it would be strange not to have the Uber go up your driveway, think that’s too risky.

So back to him hoofing it. Given that he’s out running in front of the media regularly since his arrest it’s possible that running might play a role in what might be captured on video that day. And that he’s now hanging out in NC sweeping, making it seem like he’s always down there. Maybe he’ll go on a run from the Sturbridge house...

Clearly LE has more info than we do so some of this is going to come out sooner or later.

13. peace9274

peace9274 Well-Known Member

When I read @iknowthings ‘ post, I didn't think she was serious re OJ’s glove. I took it as a bit of humor/sarcasm. :)

Faebray, Flicka1, cass523 and 8 others like this.
  14. LVatty10

LVatty10 Verified Attorney

NP is full of it. Grandstanding. Every lawyer does it to some extent.

With the caveats that I am not a criminal lawyer and not licensed in CT - No, the state doesn’t have to share the evidence against FD with the defense yet. They will in the normal course of discovery prior to trial.

What I believe NP is suggesting is that the state is holding exculpatory evidence, meaning evidence that suggests FD is not guilty. The Brady Rule, named after Brady v. Maryland, 373 U.S. 83 (1963), requires the state to disclose materially exculpatory evidence in the its possession to the defense.

I am going to guess the evidence that is being “held” by the state is far from exculpatory and thus not subject to Brady.

8paws, Flicka1, CLUEDOG and 22 others like this.
  15. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

Wow, that is very helpful.
    By dangerous, do you mean in terms of traffic and getting hit by a car or the danger of being seen? If many people jog along those roads, how likely is it that he would have been noticed?
    How long do you think it would take to get from Lapham Road to Welles Lane, at an average jogging pace?
    How much distance is there between the dangerous area from Frogtown into Welles? Is it over a mile? Would someone be basically running along the shoulder of a busy highway where there are cars constantly passing by?

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
  16. Southernsnooper

Southernsnooper Well-Known Member

Thank you.

Flicka1 and LittleBitty like this.
  17. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Ain’t the Ones Beneath the Bed

He’s saying that there’s not going to be a trial for tampering, and then a trial for murder.

The tampering charge will be on top of a future murder charge, and he’ll stand trial for both at the same time.

So you’ll have a murder count, a tampering count, and whatever else.

18. Iknowthings13

Iknowthings13 Member

50/50... kidding at first but the more I thought about it, the more I thought who knows, NP is throwing everything out there and it feels somewhat that he’s trying to play a psychological game (JMO)

19. Herat

Herat Well-Known Member

There must be a huge number of Black Suburbans in that area. Like 1 of every 4 cars might be a Black Suburban

Alkali13, Flicka1, StarEyes and 5 others like this.
  20. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

No they don't. He's a nut. They are allowed to get a warrant for property and hold it for investigative purposes and ultimate trial.

8paws, Flicka1, Alwaystyping and 13 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.