Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #20

Status
Not open for further replies.

doodles1211

Reaction score
New Canaan Police are looking for a missing woman Saturday, May 25.

Jennifer Dulos, 50, was reported missing around 7:30 p.m. Friday, May 24. A sliver alert has been issued.

New Canaan Police with the assistance of the Connecticut State Police initiated a search and an investigation both of which are ongoing as of 8:45 am. Saturday..

Anyone with information related to Dulos’s whereabouts should contact Sgt. Joseph Farenga at 203-505-1332.

920x920.jpg

New Canaan Police search for missing woman

Media thread:
CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, Media, Maps, Timeline *NO DISCUSSION*

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9

Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13

Thread #14

Thread #15 Silver Alert - CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #15 *ARRESTS*
Thread #16 - Silver Alert - CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #16
Thread #17 :Silver Alert - CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #17
Thread #18 - Silver Alert - CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #18
Thread #19 - Silver Alert - CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #19

Last edited by a moderator:
ADMIN NOTE:

Was reviewing this thread for another reason and stumbled across the rudeness, personalizing, and bullying of another member in this thread. This is absolutely unacceptable.

Everyone has a right to their opinion as long as it is stated respectfully (which it has been). To be chastised for holding a different or minority opinion is just plain wrong. If everyone agreed, there would be no need for "discussion".

If you have a concern about another member's post, use the Report feature rather than resorting to snarky comments and tag-teaming against that member.

Thank you.

It has been reported here, that FO's friend has a private Jet that is housed nearby at a private airstrip.

A Jet would not need the refueling as a small plane would.

IMO, Legally is not in FO's vocabulary.

The key would be to get the children Out of the country, as quickly as possible and with minimal chance of interception by the authorities.

Once out, there is no Treaty with the US that would send the children back to the US. Criminals yes, but non criminals, no.

MOO

Kidnapping.

@gitana1 Thank you so much for clearing that up. I was afraid if LE didn't charge him (or someone else) with JD's disappearance he would be free.

Do you know what claim the biological father's family would have on the children is in fact FD is incarcerated? If there is no final proof of JD's death and she remains "missing," are there any obvious ramifications for custody and financial support?

If JD's demise is confirmed would FD's parental rights come before GF's? Meaning, as a surviving parent, could his family fight for custody on the platform that FD is the children's only living parent and he (FD) should decide with whom they would live while he is in jail?

IMO, this situation is crazy and complex and has serious overtones for the future of those kids. Unfortunately the oldest four are at an age during which their lives are a jumble of emotions anyway.

Any thought you have would be greatly appreciated.

They would have the same claim they have now. GF's claim doesn't change once the mother is determined to be dead or he is incarcerated.

They would have the same claim they have now. GF's claim doesn't change once the mother is determined to be dead or he is incarcerated.

Thank you so much for the quick and reassuring reply. I can't imagine the challenge of these young people will face in the months and years to come. So much to try to comprehend and lots of emotions to handle. (Or, as too many teens tend to do...bag their emotions until later....)

Hope you find time to catch up and rest and enjoy tomorrow....and know your many contributions to WS are so appreciated....:)

Look to the Connecticut Standard Jury Instructions in Criminal Cases. Each particular offense has a jury instruction that lists the elements of each offense, The State must "prove all the elements of the offense beyond a reasonable doubt." That said, there will also be cases discussing exactly what evidence is sufficient to uphold a conviction for that particular offense. IMO the State can convict him on both counts, unless CT is different from most jurisdictions. He was concealing the crime of murder and hindering the State's ability to solve it as a result of that hinderance.

The quote was broken so I fixed it.

I looked up the jury instructions for hindering in CT as you suggested:

"In summary, the state must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that 1) the defendant rendered criminal assistance to <insert name of third party>, and 2) <insert name of third party> committed <insert offense allegedly committed by third party>."
https://jud.ct.gov/ji/criminal/Criminal.pdf#page302

So the elements include a third party (not him) and a specific offense (which we all know is murder).

However if the state could prove murder occurred then they'd charge him with murder. Or whoever they could prove did it.

Could LE also use kidnapping as the crime being covered up?

Sydney and Tammy Moorer were convicted of kidnapping Heather Elvis without a body or even blood/DNA evidence. They're both in prison with Tammy getting 30 years!

Like Heather, Jennifer hasn't shown up so she obviously was taken/kidnapped. MOO

Whatever they're able to prove. Even if it's assault. I think the state probably has a stronger case of hindering against the paramour than against him because I think circumstantial evidence more closely shows he was the murderer.

Thank you so much for the quick and reassuring reply. I can't imagine the challenge of these young people will face in the months and years to come. So much to try to comprehend and lots of emotions to handle. (Or, as too many teens tend to do...bag their emotions until later....)

Hope you find time to catch up and rest and enjoy tomorrow....and know your many contributions to WS are so appreciated....:)

Thanks for that!

Yeah, I was just thinking about those kids today. Someone mentioned they're sure at least the older one has gone online to look things up. Imagine the confusion and grief and horror. Missing mama. Being horrified that she might be dead. And even more horrified that dad might have done it.

I'm worried for them. And concerned about who will care for hem as GF ages. I really hope his family never gets a hold of those kids.

"In summary, the state must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that 1) the defendant rendered criminal assistance to <insert name of third party>, and 2) <insert name of third party> committed <insert offense allegedly committed by third party>."

So the elements include a third party (not him) and a specific offense (which we all know is murder).

However if the state could prove murder occurred then they'd charge him with murder. Or whoever they could prove did it.
@gitana1 and @oceancalling

Good news! Fox61 has been doing a great job posting easy to access legal documents on their website so we don't have to wait for Tuesday to take a look at No Case Norm's motion to dismiss!!! I placed a copy in the media thread for future reference.

Here you go:

Fotis Dulos’ attorney files motion to dismiss charges

Last edited:
Could LE also use kidnapping as the crime being covered up?

Sydney and Tammy Moorer were convicted of kidnapping Heather Elvis without a body or even blood/DNA evidence. They're both in prison with Tammy getting 30 years!

Like Heather, Jennifer hasn't shown up so she obviously was taken/kidnapped. MOO

Jennifer's body, to date, has not been found.

Following Heather's case, TM getting 30 years was great.
Now we will have SM's trial.
We are all waiting for the ID of the recent body found.
If Heather, then those implicated will be further charged.

Let us hope, similarly here, there may be a conviction of kidnapping, and at present, without the body.
Comparing the 2 cases, it appears, there is far more evidence, in Jennifer's case, than there was with Heather's.
So, we may have a wonderful surprise, around the corner, for both FD and MT.
MOO.

Let us hope, similarly here, there may be a conviction of kidnapping, and at present, without the body.
Comparing the 2 cases, it appears, there is far more evidence, in Jennifer's case, than there was with Heather's.
MOO.

I believe we will see a conviction for FD and a plea for MT.

You've intrigued me about a body possibly being Heather! I have to go and read.

MOO.
IMO if various additional charges in this case can but made against FD and MT then by all means 'load 'em up'! IMO the bigger the 'legal sandwich' against 'Bonnie and Clyde' the BETTER, especially as it appears that no body has been found.

From the beginning of this case IMO its been challenging to get visibility on MT role and knowledge in what happened to JD. However, given MT unwillingness to assist LE from the beginning IMO it was very easy to suspect that she had awareness of what happened to JD and had a role in the crimes associated with the disappearance and was choosing to support FD completely.

But with all the very specific discussion on this thread over the past few days about Albany Avenue and various theories of the crimes that took place at Welles (mainly focused on FD), in my mind it would be impossible for MT to not have had significant knowledge and awareness of FD activities in/around missing/murder date and a role in the planning and execution of the crime and associated coverup.

Do I believe that MT is a minor player in this case and was an unwilling victim in this crime? No, not by a long shot! MT had multiple opportunities all through the early days of this case to make choices and decisions about her conduct and we saw her choices and decisions played out on video at 4Jx, in the arrest warrant and in court.

Its unclear at this early stage of the prosecution of the case/s whether MT is cooperating with the State and whether her information has any value to the State's case/s.

But IMO absent any significant testimony from MT to support murder charges being brought and prosecuted against FD for the death of JD, I'm not sure that I would be supportive of any type of plea deal or significiant reduction in charges. IMO MT had a choice to make before the JD missing date, on the missing date and after the missing date as to her role both as an individual and as a mother and IMO she was quite clear in her intention to support FD at EVERY step of this crime. From the video at 4Jx as FD and MT were on their way to Litchfield for DNA testing there was zero evidence of coercion from FD about MT activities IMO. On the contrary, we saw both FD and MT actively speaking with LE at 4Jx and the arrest warrant was very clear that neither party ever cooperated with LE in terms of their investigation into what happened to JD.

We 've all read the same MSM articles about MT's mother use of very creative legal techniques to effecively evade any responsibility for her extensive Medicare fraud crimes in FL and her ability with these techniques to avoid prison in a case where IMO others convicted of similar crimes stayed in federal prison for many years. IMO Medicare fraud simply takes money from the hands of people that need it most and Medicare funding IMO is a precious and rare gift to the citizens of the US.

I don't want to delve into politics on the issue of MT mother and her citizenship/residency status etc. but IMO for a person to be able to come to the US from an unstable country such as Venezuela and make a life for themselves and their family in Miami is a priviledge. So to see such a residency priviledge abused in such a way as we saw with MT mother with no legal consequences other than loss of license to practice so far as I could tell is something that I have a very hard time accepting.

All this being said, IMO MT mother showed us the 'tip of the iceberg' in terms of who/what this Troconis/Arrezza clan is all about and to what lengths they themselves will go to evade responsibilities for their actions and their choices (actually no different from what we have seen from FD and possibly his family which I find interesting). MT mother's Medicare Fraud activities were IMO 'all about the money' and a crime perpetrated against the US Govt., so it seems that financial crime could just be a family focus and priority worth considering when looking at MT family experience and explain motivation in her relationship with FD and how possibly assisting in 'doing away' with JD would or could bring her additional wealth and how flaunting US Govt rules would simply be 'no big deal' based on her family and personal values IMO.

Knowing what we know of MT mother, along with the fact that she is the individual most likely 'driving the bus' behind the scenes as it relates to funding and advising her daughter, IMO its especially important to stay on top of the MT situation in court as things move forward. IMO MT is not a minor player in this case as she saw what FD was up to first in FL when they began the affair, saw what he was up to with FORE when she worked there and she more than anyone in this case saw the games going on with the FORE business as well as listening to FD no doubt complain about his personal persecution by JD and GF FOR YEARS. I do not believe MT to be a victim, I believe the charges brought against MT were brought for very solid reasons by the State of CT and were explained clearly in her arrest warrant.

Its harder IMO to follow her case as her atty has a style that stays out of the limelight and press. But IMO there is no way that MT was an unwilling patsy of FD and I would hate to see some kind of legal shenanigans pulled in this case similar to what we saw from MT mother in FL pulled such that MT serves no time or only limited for her role in the missing/death of JD.

Based on MSM, we believe MT to be a citizen of Venezuela (although born in TN) but we don't know if she herself is a resident of the State of CT or FL and whether she declared her income from FORE to the US Govt, the State of CT or the State of FL. Was MT actively involved in financial crime while at FORE Group? My guess is yes she was actively involved in the financial activities at FORE. We saw MT front and center in the 'shady $75,000 loan' with the former FORE employee and her relationship with SM from Farmington Bank/People's Bank (when SM was interviewed in Family Court she invoked her 5th Amendment rights for reasons that are unclear). The civil case with GF/FORE/FD is seeking to depose MT based on her role at FORE, so I hope these financial issues are answered soon. I also hope the State of CT is investigating MT residency and tax status as these appear unclear at present.

MOO

Last edited:

MOO.

It goes without saying that I want FD charged with murder in JD’s disappearance-but I want MT facing hefty charges, too, because in my opinion, she is not cooperating with LE. I would like to see that bimbo go to prison for 8 to 10 years. I don’t think she killed JD but I do think she knew about it, and think she knew what they were doing on Albany Ave. that night. MOO

Attorneys to debate whether Jennifer Dulos’ mom should pay to protect Fotis’ business
A Hartford civil court judge is expected to hear arguments this week whether Jennifer Dulos’ mother will be required to put up a bond to protect the assets of her son-in-law who is charged in her daughter’s disappearance.
A civil court judge in Hartford on Friday will hear Murray’s argument for the surety bond and Weinstein’s objection to the request.
In his objection to the bond, Weinstein claims Fotis Dulos hasn’t paid the mortgage on his Farmington home since 2018, causing Farber to pick up the payments. Weinstein also pointed out that in a 2016 tax return, Fotis Dulos listed that he owed $1.7 million to the Farbers.
When all is said and done, there is no basis to require the plaintiff (Farber) to post a surety bond,” Weinstein wrote in his objection. “The attachments thus far are neither unlawful nor inappropriate. There is no basis to claim that the allegations are reckless, or that anything other than the conduct of the defendants (Dulos) are what has adversely affected the defendants’ residential homebuilding business. The claim for a surety bond is meritless.”

IMO the State's theory is that they were assisting one another in concealing their participation in Jennifer's murder, each of them being a third party to the other person. Remember, at that time the State did not know the extent of MT 's participation in the actual murder (or maybe it did!). So it would make sense to charge them this way. I strongly believe more charges are coming, but if each of them was covering up the murder for one another, I can see how they are charged with both counts.

NP sure does like that cart and horse!
Yes! It was a rough day in Pattisville on the Crew putting together the "alternative theory/alibi" so No Case Norm sat down at his laptop and blasted off a motion to dismiss.

No other way to explain 12 pages of drivel IMO!

No Case Norm seems to have issues with impulse control (amongst other things!) and he wants "evidence against his client and he wants it NOW" or "dimiss the charges".

Right, we got it. Yawn.

MOO

IMO if various additional charges in this case can but made against FD and MT then by all means 'load 'em up'! IMO the bigger the 'legal sandwich' against 'Bonnie and Clyde' the BETTER, especially as it appears that no body has been found.

From the beginning of this case IMO its been challenging to get visibility on MT role and knowledge in what happened to JD. However, given MT unwillingness to assist LE from the beginning IMO it was very easy to suspect that she had awareness of what happened to JD and had a role in the crimes associated with the disappearance and was choosing to support FD completely.

But with all the very specific discussion on this thread over the past few days about Albany Avenue and various theories of the crimes that took place at Welles (mainly focused on FD), in my mind it would be impossible for MT to not have had significant knowledge and awareness of FD activities in/around missing/murder date and a role in the planning and execution of the crime and associated coverup.

Do I believe that MT is a minor player in this case and was an unwilling victim in this crime? No, not by a long shot! MT had multiple opportunities all through the early days of this case to make choices and decisions about her conduct and we saw her choices and decisions played out on video at 4Jx, in the arrest warrant and in court.

Its unclear at this early stage of the prosecution of the case/s whether MT is cooperating with the State and whether her information has any value to the State's case/s.

But IMO absent any significant testimony from MT to support murder charges being brought and prosecuted against FD for the death of JD, I'm not sure that I would be supportive of any type of plea deal or significiant reduction in charges. IMO MT had a choice to make before the JD missing date, on the missing date and after the missing date as to her role both as an individual and as a mother and IMO she was quite clear in her intention to support FD at EVERY step of this crime. From the video at 4Jx as FD and MT were on their way to Litchfield for DNA testing there was zero evidence of coercion from FD about MT activities IMO. On the contrary, we saw both FD and MT actively speaking with LE at 4Jx and the arrest warrant was very clear that neither party ever cooperated with LE in terms of their investigation into what happened to JD.

We 've all read the same MSM articles about MT's mother use of very creative legal techniques to effecively evade any responsibility for her extensive Medicare fraud crimes in FL and her ability with these techniques to avoid prison in a case where IMO others convicted of similar crimes stayed in federal prison for many years. IMO Medicare fraud simply takes money from the hands of people that need it most and Medicare funding IMO is a precious and rare gift to the citizens of the US.

I don't want to delve into politics on the issue of MT mother and her citizenship/residency status etc. but IMO for a person to be able to come to the US from an unstable country such as Venezuela and make a life for themselves and their family in Miami is a priviledge. So to see such a residency priviledge abused in such a way as we saw with MT mother with no legal consequences other than loss of license to practice so far as I could tell is something that I have a very hard time accepting.

All this being said, IMO MT mother showed us the 'tip of the iceberg' in terms of who/what this Troconis/Arrezza clan is all about and to what lengths they themselves will go to evade responsibilities for their actions and their choices (actually no different from what we have seen from FD and possibly his family which I find interesting). MT mother's Medicare Fraud activities were IMO 'all about the money' and a crime perpetrated against the US Govt., so it seems that financial crime could just be a family focus and priority worth considering when looking at MT family experience and explain motivation in her relationship with FD and how possibly assisting in 'doing away' with JD would or could bring her additional wealth and how flaunting US Govt rules would simply be 'no big deal' based on her family and personal values IMO.

Knowing what we know of MT mother, along with the fact that she is the individual most likely 'driving the bus' behind the scenes as it relates to funding and advising her daughter, IMO its especially important to stay on top of the MT situation in court as things move forward. IMO MT is not a minor player in this case as she saw what FD was up to first in FL when they began the affair, saw what he was up to with FORE when she worked there and she more than anyone in this case saw the games going on with the FORE business as well as listening to FD no doubt complain about his personal persecution by JD and GF FOR YEARS. I do not believe MT to be a victim, I believe the charges brought against MT were brought for very solid reasons by the State of CT and were explained clearly in her arrest warrant.

Its harder IMO to follow her case as her atty has a style that stays out of the limelight and press. But IMO there is no way that MT was an unwilling patsy of FD and I would hate to see some kind of legal shenanigans pulled in this case similar to what we saw from MT mother in FL pulled such that MT serves no time or only limited for her role in the missing/death of JD.

Based on MSM, we believe MT to be a citizen of Venezuela (although born in TN) but we don't know if she herself is a resident of the State of CT or FL and whether she declared her income from FORE to the US Govt, the State of CT or the State of FL. Was MT actively involved in financial crime while at FORE Group? My guess is yes she was actively involved in the financial activities at FORE. We saw MT front and center in the 'shady $75,000 loan' with the former FORE employee and her relationship with SM from Farmington Bank/People's Bank (when SM was interviewed in Family Court she invoked her 5th Amendment rights for reasons that are unclear). The civil case with GF/FORE/FD is seeking to depose MT based on her role at FORE, so I hope these financial issues are answered soon. I also hope the State of CT is investigating MT residency and tax status as these appear unclear at present.

MOO

Your arguments cannot be refuted. I stand corrected. Not an unwitting alibi provider. Superb analysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdward01