Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
While we are waiting, I’ve been looking at how the house is presented in the realtor’s listing photographs for 4 JX.

4 Jefferson Crossing, Farmington, CT 06032 - MLS 170138671 - Coldwell Banker

On the whole, as previously observed, it has a sparse and fairly bland interior. Jennifer, presumably, took all the personality with her when she left.

Very few clues as to FD’s persona. But there are a few, nonetheless.

Photo 1 - all the lights are blazing (normal for a sales photo) except in two ground floor windows towards the right of the house. What does he keep in there that he didn’t want the realtor to see.

Photo 4 - framed family photos. A b&w one, presumably of FD’s father, and another of a blond lady holding a child. If it’s his sister, that kind of leaves a gap. But then, I guess it would be slightly weird having a framed photo of the mother you had had run over.

Photo 6 - what is that in the watercolour on the wall. An old butcher’s shop?

Photo 11 - as discussed, drink features fairly heavily. The booze bottles aren’t out of the reach of children, so I do wonder what is in the cupboards below, the ones with the locks on them.

Photo 13 - Chessboard. Hmm, yes, we know he likes to think he’s a master strategist.

Tacky statue of female form. No idea what it is about that pose, hands together above head, that appeals to him.

Photo 22 - the office makes me laugh, with its empty desks. Wait, it’s been de-cluttered for the photographs you would think?

But if that’s the case why leave these items in the pictures:

Photo 12 - mangy old coat, mangy old dog leash

Photo 19 - mangy old shower scraper, mangy old shower buff/sponge.

Ah. We get the message Fotis. You’re an outdoorsy guy who is always hiking through the woods. And showering, and cleaning showers, is of paramount importance to your every-day life (not just the murder days).

Photo 25 - can anyone identify the well-thumbed novel with the blue cover, on top of the reading pile? A murder-mystery-with-a-watery-grave-theme?

Photo 28 - his medieval war games room. So sweet.

If we look again, we may find a carefully-placed glove, and a dustpan and brush.

Eta: Photo 29 - the playroom. I had noted the sad fact that there’s a nursing chair in there, where Jennifer used to sit while she watched the children play. In a gloomy basement room with no windows. But the staged message is ‘Look! I haven’t had the heart to have the housekeeper tidy up in here since they left. The toys have been left as they were when Jennifer spitefully removed the children from their home’.

All MOO
Yes, good observations. I noticed that one bathroom with its elaborate, gold furniture. I agree with you on the "the mother you had run over."

Several things come to my mind as I have been reading over the thread.
What is the take on all this down along the Gold Coast in Bridgeport and Norwalk for instance, because that is the jury pool until otherwise indicated.
Second, we here on WS are immersed in this 24/7 and have discussed every conceivable aspect of this case with high quality results, however, the average soul here in Connecticut is getting only what is in the Courant and the local papers down near New Caanan.
I live near Hartford and belong to several groups, and consider myself to be "in the community", out and about, so to speak and honestly this is not on everybody's day to day radar. It is not a topic of conversation and the few times it has been the folks don't have enough facts to have an opinion.
In fact, I am willing to bet the average citizen (jury pool) up here has no idea LE is searching reservoir again and would understand the significance of the search.
MOO MOO MOO

Good point-no doubt there are people who don’t “know” FD the way we do. I got a text from my sister in South Carolina last night, asking me if I’d heard about this case. I told her I had indeed heard of it, and was following it closely. She said she had watched the Dateline from Monday, and thought FD was pretty convincing, but she didn’t know anything at all, aside from what Dateline showed. My point is that if you are a Connecticut resident who has not paid close attention to this case, or even has never heard of it, you might think he was convincing. This is a little scary, if you ask me. If they try him, I want them to fry him, not let him go so he can ruin some other family.

Someone asked if Pattis is looking ragged because he knows his client has been lying to him from the beginning. At least in my opinion, the answer is yes. This is an oft repeated tale. Human beings are an odd lot. We don't like it when we have to admit bad behavior, so we lie. For most of us, we may say we've taken the garbage out when we haven't, weren't the ones who failed to put a new roll on the toilet paper dispenser, or didn't eat that last cookies. Harmless lies that annoy, but don't hurt anyone.

Folks like Dilos are a horse of a different color. Lying is a way of life for him, which has been laid bare by those divorce transcripts. He lies because he can, and he certainly, at least until yesterday, because he thinks he is smart enough to fool everyone, including his lawyer. From the moment the two met, what has come out of Dulos' mouth is a steady stream of bull****.

Pattis can't all of a sudden change the script at this late date and that is all on him. Clients lie, period. They lie about things large and small. Experienced defenders know this fact of life. Some lawyers don't want the accused to tell them anything about the crime, because they do not want to get stuck with a set of "facts" that are obvious fabrications. Of course, we see what happens when those fabrications are publicly torn to shreds.

As experienced as he claims to be, Pattis knows this. So why in the world did he think it was a good idea to go out on a limb like this? I cannot accept his argument that he did so, and wants to continue doing so, to convince the State to "never" file murder charges against Dulos. That is a ridiculous position to take. So why continue down this path? Because his client wants him to. After all, look where all his lies got him before Jennifer's murder; living a parasitic high life courtesy of the Farber family's wealth.

Pattis and Dulos together are a bad mix from a defense standpoint because there is no one to say,"Hold on, not so fast. Maybe we should take a more cautious approach here. Once we tell our story publicly, we are stuck with it." So yes, Dulos has been lying to Pattis, but it is on Pattis for having believed him and trumpeted a false narrative to the world. No wonder he is beginning to look yellow around the gills.

Dulos and his counsel are asking the world,"Who are you going to believe? Me, or your lying eyes?" I think we know the answer to that one.

If NP believed everything FD told him, NP would be dumber than FD. Somehow I don’t see that being the case.

Someone asked if Pattis is looking ragged because he knows his client has been lying to him from the beginning. At least in my opinion, the answer is yes. This is an oft repeated tale. Human beings are an odd lot. We don't like it when we have to admit bad behavior, so we lie. For most of us, we may say we've taken the garbage out when we haven't, weren't the ones who failed to put a new roll on the toilet paper dispenser, or didn't eat that last cookies. Harmless lies that annoy, but don't hurt anyone.

Folks like Dilos are a horse of a different color. Lying is a way of life for him, which has been laid bare by those divorce transcripts. He lies because he can, and he certainly, at least until yesterday, because he thinks he is smart enough to fool everyone, including his lawyer. From the moment the two met, what has come out of Dulos' mouth is a steady stream of bull****.

Pattis can't all of a sudden change the script at this late date and that is all on him. Clients lie, period. They lie about things large and small. Experienced defenders know this fact of life. Some lawyers don't want the accused to tell them anything about the crime, because they do not want to get stuck with a set of "facts" that are obvious fabrications. Of course, we see what happens when those fabrications are publicly torn to shreds.

As experienced as he claims to be, Pattis knows this. So why in the world did he think it was a good idea to go out on a limb like this? I cannot accept his argument that he did so, and wants to continue doing so, to convince the State to "never" file murder charges against Dulos. That is a ridiculous position to take. So why continue down this path? Because his client wants him to. After all, look where all his lies got him before Jennifer's murder; living a parasitic high life courtesy of the Farber family's wealth.

Pattis and Dulos together are a bad mix from a defense standpoint because there is no one to say,"Hold on, not so fast. Maybe we should take a more cautious approach here. Once we tell our story publicly, we are stuck with it." So yes, Dulos has been lying to Pattis, but it is on Pattis for having believed him and trumpeted a false narrative to the world. No wonder he is beginning to look yellow around the gills.

Dulos and his counsel are asking the world,"Who are you going to believe? Me, or your lying eyes?" I think we know the answer to that one.

Agree 100%

Happy birthday @enelram ! And happy Friday the 13th everyone! Rocking my Camp Crystal Lake Counselor shirt today.

I really hope LE continues the search at the reservoir today. The size of their presence yesterday seems like they have a solid lead. I hope they find what they're looking for.

Yes-but maybe Pattis isn’t planning to produce the statement in court, and doesn’t care if it was stolen...I had a moment when I thought Pattis wouldn’t even consider using a stolen statement to help FD’s defense, but then I decided that, while he might not bring it to court, he wouldn’t have any trouble blabbing about it in the court of public opinion-where he’d never have to produce it, just to get it into prospective jurors’ heads.

“Stolen” med statement. “”Stolen” psych report. What else has been “stolen” and used to taint the jury pool?

If he did actually put her body in the reservoir, I would imagine he utilized some sort of container that would go to the bottom. Placing a body without anything is risky given that it can float up or to the shore.

The infamous banging noises heard the morning after disappearance.
A drum. Being hammered shut.
???

When you build a house that big, it should come with a pool!
good point, but fact is many people who've had a pool in the past don't want another one due to
the maintenance BUT, when you have 5 young
children, in the warmer months or with a pool heater, it is a great babysitter.
When my boys were growing up, I lived in 3 different homes- all 3 had pools because my
boys loved them- and all had deep deep areas
and competition diving boards. So that part shows me that FD didn't consider his kids when building that monstrosity of a house.

If NP believed everything FD told him, NP would be dumber than FD. Somehow I don’t see that being the case.
Some lawyers just can't help themselves because of their own personality flaws. Pattis believed Dulos' BS, at least at first. Now, because of his inability to shut up whenever a microphone is stuck in his face (a problem Pattis has had in other cases, too), he looks like a fool and his client looks like a liar - and the killer he is. Dulos is a hot mess at counsel table.

Pattis may be 'street smart' and may even be a book smart lawyer (although his pleadings and oral arguments leave much to be desired). He is not a good tactician, at least he hasn't been in this case. I think he allowed himself to get carried away with Dulos' BS, a decision I feel certain he is regretting this morning.

Just drove by reservoir they were searching yesterday along with 4jxng. News 8 was on scene at the reservoir but can’t see much at the entrance so hard to tell what’s going on beyond the big gates (which were open). I didn’t have the time to stop and do a hunt this am. Nothing going on at jxng from what you can see.

Photo 1, reservoir entrance
Photo 2 perimeter of part of the reservoir, showing some of the power lines that run behind FD house
Photo 3 Jxng

Attachments

• DCF56677-BC5B-4AC6-998D-423A744C990A.jpeg
    DCF56677-BC5B-4AC6-998D-423A744C990A.jpeg
    682.4 KB · Views: 115
  • FB7051FA-0C84-40F7-B060-74FB85EB84A9.jpeg
    FB7051FA-0C84-40F7-B060-74FB85EB84A9.jpeg
    801.3 KB · Views: 132
  • 0A46E9D5-6DB9-4AE2-953F-0A0D8DFD60A8.jpeg
    0A46E9D5-6DB9-4AE2-953F-0A0D8DFD60A8.jpeg
    407.7 KB · Views: 110
Happy birthday @enelram ! And happy Friday the 13th everyone! Rocking my Camp Crystal Lake Counselor shirt today.

I really hope LE continues the search at the reservoir today. The size of their presence yesterday seems like they have a solid lead. I hope they find what they're looking for.
Thanks Alk!
my sister in Ct. nearby just sent me a great idea- now that I've convinced her to follow this
case-
She said someone should tell LE to use metal
detectors in the reservoir area as the last thing
he would put in the burial hole would be the
metal shovel he dug the grave with.
There's that mention of a shovel again.
Oh Lordy, let there be a receipt at 4JC for a Home Depot shovel. Cause we know FD wouldn't have something in his garage as practical as a shovel. He prolly never ever used one. And Gucci loafers won't hold up to stomping on a shovel.

Just drove by reservoir they were searching yesterday along with 4jxng. News 8 was on scene at the reservoir but can’t see much at the entrance so hard to tell what’s going on beyond the big gates (which were open). I didn’t have the time to stop and do a hunt this am. Nothing going on at jxng from what you can see.

Photo 2 perimeter of part of the reservoir, showing some of the power lines that run behind FD house
Photo 3 Jxng
Good to know there is media presence! Hopefully we'll get updates if/when LE shows up today. Fingers crossed!

Photo 3 Jxng
that's awesome of you - thanks -

Some lawyers just can't help themselves because of their own personality flaws. Pattis believed Dulos' BS, at least at first. Now, because of his inability to shut up whenever a microphone is stuck in his face (a problem Pattis has had in other cases, too), he looks like a fool and his client looks like a liar - and the killer he is. Dulos is a hot mess at counsel table.

Pattis may be 'street smart' and may even be a book smart lawyer (although his pleadings and oral arguments leave much to be desired). He is not a good tactician, at least he hasn't been in this case. I think he allowed himself to get carried away with Dulos' BS, a decision I feel certain he is regretting this morning.
OC, again great inside info. I'm curious when
you mention strategy and being a tactician.
Are these things you were taught in law school
or just figured out in on the job training and
innate skills and smarts?
I'm always wondering where these guys learn
this or don't.
TIA

Photo 3 Jxng

I have thought all along those power line pathways were involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autumn.Doe