Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I really have no idea how things work in prison.
I only know that in today’s litigious society, any opportunity to make a buck on someone else’s negligence, will be taken.
The prisons around Hampton Roads Virginia are always getting into trouble for not providing inmates with necessary medical treatment. Sure it is that way across the country.

Last edited:
I tried, but it is a dynamic map and it won't copy for me, even with a screen shot. Are you on a phone or computer? Deleting cookies on a computer might help...???
(I apologize...my computer skills are happiest with copy and paste...this one wouldn't work.)

Hey thanks!

I think it's bc I don't have a membership to the paper...ugh

Thanks>the mudroom stuff is kinda confusing to me as mostly here in Texas we have just a laundry room area that you walk into from the garage. Not really a lot of mudrooms and so its just confusing. But I see now what you are talking about.
Don't worry, I live in CT and I'm still confused as to what the heck a mudroom is. I've never personally had one.

School was just minutes away. She didn't need her wallet and hardly needed her drivers license. Back in the day the mothers I knew could well have been in their PJ's.
MOO

My kids school is 3 mins away, I regularly leave to do the drop off without my purse, and in the PJ's :rolleyes: I regularly also leave the coffee cup out, because I will be right back... I do bring my phone because the kids have songs on my playlist they want to listen to on the way; otherwise I have forgotten the phone at home.

Yesterday, I thought about this case, as I dropped the kids to school, without a purse, a coffee on the counter, and I pulled into my garage and thought..hmmm if I close the door from inside my car, he's trapped in here before I get out of my car, but I could punch reverse and take out my own garage door to escape; or I could get out of the car walk to the keypad and try to close it from keypad and he ambushes me. So, I am at my keypad...and ..

I look around my garage for 'weapons' I might use on this little munchkin, I had baseball bats, hockey sticks, lacrosse sticks, tennis rackets one step away from me, one reach away --- so my thought is - she would have been able to at least blacken his eyes and made him much worse for the wear if she even had that moment to grab - equipment and with 5 kids all of that was sure to be at her ready...

So, I am thinking he caught her completely off guard because with 5 kids, there would have been something to use on the petite dictator. Also, I had several shovels within a reach...man that would have been great if she bashed his head in with a shovel...UGHH!! Frustrating, looking back...

MT definitely admitted to not being truthful with LE in her prior interviews when LE opened the third interview on August 13th. She gave a lot more information on that final interview. Admitted that FD was not there when she awoke/shut off her alarm at 6:40am on 5/24 (finally). Admitted that he was wearing slightly different clothing on 5/24 when she saw FD around lunch time on 5/24 than she said he was wearing in her second interview. Adds from the second interview that she also brought a bucket and sponges and black garbage bags and disposable gloves. Unfortunately, it was too little too late for LE. And with the discovery of her DNA mixed with JD DNA and FD DNA in two of the bags recovered listed by LE in AW3 (especially what appears to be in the area of where one would be holding the bag open for someone putting things in it), LE had had enough. Plus we don't have the full interviews. Id imagine they still caught her in more lies or more hedging and were basically done. That's why I think the conspiracy to commit murder charge really hit her hard. I think she and AB both thought because she had been much more truthful and cooperative in the last interview that she'd skate on any other charges...nope.

And, wasn't it after AW2 when Bowman gave the rather odd and emotional comments to the press: "Michelle should be considered innocent.l.long emotional pause...and she should be." And, it was the next, later that month, hearing in which her father most of the time giving Attorney Colangelo the "stink eye."

Interestingly, she did not 'officially' move out of 4JX until late October or November, right.

September 5th after AW2 Attorney Bowman
“We have a judicial system in this country, which is the foundation of our democracy. The most important parts of that system are the presumption of innocence and trial by jury, so I’d like you to remember that Michelle is presumed innocent and she should be,” Bowman said Thursday. “We are prepared to let judgement rest in a jury’s hands.”
Girlfriend of Estranged Husband of Missing Mom Jennifer Dulos Turns Herself in to Police

Court hearing September 18
NORWALK — Michelle Troconis clung to her father, burying her tear-streaked face into his shoulder, moments before entering the courtroom for her arraignment Wednesday morning.
Jennifer Dulos case: ‘Lying lover’ Troconis emotional in court

Differing reports but during October and November MT moves her belongings out of 4 JX.....
Michelle Troconis Reportedly Moves Items Out Of Fotis Dulos' Home

After AW2 NP referred to MT as the "Lying Lover," but quickly changed it to a line about the extreme pressure MT was facing from the State. I imagine FD was worried about angering MT and wanted her to stick to parts of the alibi scripts. Then, NP started to use the line, "MT and KM, I'm sure, will tell the truth in court." MOO

@MyBelle, glad you have joined along here! Look forward to hearing your thoughts on this tragic case.

Sadly the CT Judiciary look up site is down at the moment to give you the exact date the Civil Court case started but my recollection is that the lawsuit happened shortly after the Divorce Action (divorce started in 2017 I believe). Link to lookup exact dates: Case Look-up CT Judicial Branch

Attached below please find an article about the Fd testimony in the Civil Case done by Dave Altimari which surprisingly for him IMO actually demonstrates some research was done to put the article together - kudos to DA! I hadn't seen this particular DA article previously but the financial information discussed is consistent IMO with what was in the Family Court case.

New documents show Fotis Dulos had more than $4 million in financial liabilities weeks before his estranged wife Jennifer Farber Dulos disappeared; Dulos says the documents are misleading

Fotis Dulos arrives at court for second day of civil trial | Daily Mail Online

Thanks, @afitzy. This case has infuriated me from the outset. I had not seen those two articles. Fd is such an arrogant con-artist. So typical of a covert narcissist. Be so sweet and respectful to the parents of a woman he's secretly emotionally manipulating so they will be so generous in return. No way do I believe Mr. Farber made any "agreement" to give Fd money with no expectation of a return nor do I believe Fd gave Mr. Farber any money to invest.

JMO

Maybe the purse at home story line might also fit with Fd plan to possibly jog into Waveny to dispose of JFd phone to set the stage for the 'abducted in park scenario' and which might have led LE on a goose chase for a week in Waveny which would also have fit in with Fd plans as he had work to do with MT at 80 MS?

Perhaps he left the purse at 69/71 Welles because Jfd didn't always use the purse and also because he didn't know the she was heading into the City where it would have been more likely IMO that she took the purse vs her usual routine of wallet and phone when in CT?

He probably knew what she usually did with regard to her use of the purse. I'm sure LA knew too how JFd used her purse so when LA saw the purse there she was shocked as she knew JFD would have definitely taken it with her on the trip into City.

MOO
We have a mudroom and a typical pattern is to park the car, close the garage door, walk into the mudroom, drop your purse, keys, muddy shoes, heavy coat etc...(in other words, unload all of the items you'll need when you are ready to head out of the house again) and walk into the kitchen. I'm sure the purse in the kitchen set off an alarm when LA saw it on the floor. Not a typical pattern. I'm still noodling on why the purse was in the kitchen and on the floor. Hmmm.

We have a mudroom and a typical pattern is to park the car, close the garage door, walk into the mudroom, drop your purse, keys, muddy shoes, heavy coat etc...(in other words, unload all of the items you'll need when you are ready to head out of the house again) and walk into the kitchen. I'm sure the purse in the kitchen set off an alarm when LA saw it on the floor. Not a typical pattern. I'm still noodling on why the purse was in the kitchen and on the floor. Hmmm.

Picture of the mudroom from the old listing on realtor.com - picture #16 69 Welles Ln, New Canaan, CT 06840 - realtor.com®

I think the mud room is a separate room between the kitchen and the garage, but which also has a door out to the backyard, it is picture #11 on Zillow for the current listing for the house which has a new address (renumbered from 69 when JD lived there and now on the market as #71). You can also see the mud room through the kitchen on the Zillow picture. It is an open plan house and there’s also glass doors that go out to the patio in back from the kitchen. It seems likely that LA and JD would have made sure both back entry doors (patio doors and mud room door) were locked the night FD was there.
The mud room seems like a place where all the shoes, coats, etc would be put and kept (you can see the storage cubbies on the left side wall) so it seems like a place where JD would leave or put her purse. Of course it’s possible that FD moved it or put it there too.

Are you able to post a screen shot here for the Mudroom? Zillow's number 11 picture is of the office. Below is picture 10 of the Butler's Pantry facing the kitchen and the Mudroom entrance is just to the right Between the Pantry and the Kitchen. I do not see a picture of the actual mudroom. Did they take the picture down?

IMO.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-01-11 at 8.23.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-11 at 8.23.34 PM.png
    514.5 KB · Views: 73
Are you able to post a screen shot here for the Mudroom? Zillow's number 11 picture is of the office. Below is picture 10 of the Butler's Pantry facing the kitchen and the Mudroom entrance is just to the right Between the Pantry and the Kitchen. I do not see a picture of the actual mudroom. Did they take the picture down?

IMO.
Butler's Pantry? :confused:

Considering they couldn’t be bothered to bring their own paper towels to clean up & used 10 rolls that were in JD’s house, I doubt they brought bleach.

PS. The fact they used 10 rolls of paper towels from her home, makes me believe a) she was definitely dead while they were there. b) there was a LOT of used paper towels not found (buried with her or tossed in other trash bins & not found?) c. They were not expecting such a large crime scene to clean up.

Just a note: I think he was covered in blood and didn't risk going in the house. I think he went too far from rage and from her resitance and didn't realize how much gore there would be until he tired.
I think it the amount of clean up needed threw his whole plan off.

After re-reading the new AWs once again, I have come up with some new thoughts to address a few of the questions:
  • FO, hair-conscious as he was (by several statements he made), shaved at least his head if not also his arms (by several accounts) either the night before or early that morning (at 4:20AM).
  • He left alone - because of the above, he would not have wanted Michelle's hair to have been found.
  • MT, following the plan, went to take selfies, which was likely not something she normally did - clearly part of the schedule.
  • FD planned to kidnap Jennifer, or do a bloodless killing and take her body -- either way, to make it look like an abduction.
  • In order to do the above, he surprised her from behind in the garage, restrained/overpowered her, perhaps with the pillow to stop her screams. He put a zip tie around her neck first perhaps, to get control, then around her arms, legs.
  • Perhaps he was wearing a ski mask, and she didn't even know who he was, at least at first?
  • If he assaulted her it was around this time. He had a harder time controlling her than he had expected - he thought he could overpower her more easily - so he grabbed something nearby - a hockey stick, something - or, a knife that he had with him - and then the scene became bloody - which he had NOT anticipated. (Think KB's murder, where it was harder than he thought it would be). Cut underwear could be at this point, or could be later back at 80MS (not getting into detail here; LE know more.)
  • We know he didn't anticipate a bloody scene, as he didn't even bring paper towels or a pillow
  • Cleanup was much more than he expected
  • He put her in a bag - unconscious, and literally bleeding to death - and into her truck, along with his bike.
  • Drove to park where the Tacoma was waiting
  • Moved her and the bike to the Tacoma
  • Cleaned her truck as well as he could in 20 min, jogged to the pond at the park while there to drop her phone to make it look like she was jogging there, and was abducted there. Set up her truck to leave lights on so someone would hopefully steal it.
  • Drove to 80MS.
  • Put on ponchos - one for him and one for MT. SINCE HE DIDN'T EXPECT THE SCENE AT NC to be so bloody, these were intended for what he did at 80MS and may have been stored there. Were these sold by MT's sister? Her sister sells plastic foot-coverings.
  • Proceeded to, with MT's help, clean up car.
  • Somehow prepared to bury or dissect (?) Wearing ponchos.
  • Put her in bags <- THIS PART IS NOT CLEAR - or left her for KM somewhere
  • Brought trash bags to Albany Ave
  • Called KM on the ride while on Albany Ave to say it was done
    - OR, to tell him WHERE TO GET THE BODY - FOR KM TO BURY?
  • Or: Called KM, as part of an alibi that evening ("I was in Hartford all day!" - not knowing cameras caught him dumping evidence, and not expecting that evidence to ever be found.
The following day, he had done all he needed to do - everything was done on the 24th. Why? Because he expected to get his kids early that next day. He would not have had loose ends left to do.

Purse on floor at home:
If it were a handbag with upright handles, it would be less in the way - with 5 kids' stuff to get ready for school in the morning - to leave it on the floor (which I'm sure was spotless). 5 lunches, backpacks, etc - that's a lot on the counters already.

She may have grabbed her wallet/license, phone, and keys, and left, with tea and granola bar ready for her return- in too much of a rush that morning to have them before she left.

She may have left the purse on the floor in an area not visible directly from the garage. Perhaps there were coats or backpacks over it.

FD might not have seen it and was afraid of leaving tracks around the house and needed to get out of there after using sink to wash blood off of him / splattered (on his face? He probably didn't care about blood that was elsewhere except that it might get on car seat.)

ETA: or more likely: he saw purse, but it didn't fit in with his abduction plan - he took what he wanted from it already - it was just more stuff to get rid of, so he didn't need the purse.

Still working on all of these ideas. Will refine as I go along...

Last edited:
The warrant states the purse was on the floor in the doorway between the kitchen and mud room. So more or less as you describe for the mud room as a place to store purses, coats, shoes, boots. The odd thing is that it was in the doorway, on the floor. Being in the doorway probably stood out because someone would trip over it walking through the doorway, for example.

The warrant states the purse was on the floor in the doorway between the kitchen and mud room. So more or less as you describe for the mud room as a place to store purses, coats, shoes, boots. The odd thing is that it was in the doorway, on the floor. Being in the doorway probably stood out because someone would trip over it walking through the doorway, for example.
If it was in the doorway, does this mean there was no door? Or was the purse holding the door open? Or was the door just left wide open?

IMO.
Here is the actual mudroom

Attachments

• 170E46FA-691A-4058-B408-B91BB793ABA9.jpeg
    170E46FA-691A-4058-B408-B91BB793ABA9.jpeg
    66.9 KB · Views: 62
Don't worry, I live in CT and I'm still confused as to what the heck a mudroom is. I've never personally had one.
We have a mud room and it is a place to hold coats, shoes, backpacks, muddy boots, gloves and also has a utility sink. It is off our kitchen and has a door to the backyard and a door into the garage. Our kids never used our front door.
JMO

If it was in the doorway, does this mean there was no door? Or was the purse holding the door open? Or was the door just left wide open?
Or was something covering/concealing the purse from the angle of the entrance from garage - considering 5 kids' worth of 'stuff'?

Or he saw the purse, took what he wanted out of it (but already had her phone and keys - all he really needed!) - and left it on purpose because it was just more to get "rid" of?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member