Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. She probably has been on some benzo. Either Valium, Klonopin, Xanax, etc. Withdrawal starts after 24 hours and is horrific from knowing of this from someone first hand. That is my bet. She wouldn't have been able to sleep the second night at all. Probably crawling out of her skin. Well, good... nothing compared to the suffering that Jennifer went through.

Perhaps the poncho was used to suffocate JF after she was zip tied.

Moo

I don't think he was actually ever ordered to pay child support. MOO.

But he should have been ordered to pay SOMETHING. With or without his financial records. That’s the point.
Here, if can’t prove income for whatever reason, court has discretion to order minimum based on minimum wage, or what would seem to be in line with previous earnings or EARNING POTENTIAL. Lots try to get by saying can’t find a job at same salary. Amazing when ordered based on what they could be earning, a new job materializes.

No hospital required for bond.

Her lawyer Bowman commented that she was not well and couldn't be evaluated / tests performed at Niantic. She's on house arrest now so it made sense that she was taken direct to hospital from court by State police.

Any medical care while incarcerated is on the state’s dime. She may have wanted/needed care her insurance or for which she would pay, but the prison would not. Prisons are notorious for horrible care. A Dr. in the prison? I don’t know, but I would bet maybe once a month- and maybe nurse practitioners on call and coming in more often. Meds probably distributed by the cheapest possible legal person in the state. MOO, but with some experience in Medicaid and incarceration. (MA does not cover care given in prison in any state I know of, btw, even when eligibility is not lost yet- such as just picked up in jail. In some states, Medicaid will cover a hospitalization that occurs during a stint in prison or jail. If not, prison must cover the hospitalization, too.)

I am not into speculating about MT’s medical needs.

That pair doesn’t strike me as being penny-pinchers. On the contrary, squandering JFd’s money to get people to do their dirty work, would be routine. If they did previous dump runs they had something to hide, IMO.

Don’t be too sure of that; I’ve known a few wealthy people who will toss their crap in somebody else’s dumpster to save some money and convenience. It’s despicable!
To save THEIR money.

You got it!

No hospital required for bond.

Her lawyer Bowman commented that she was not well and couldn't be evaluated / tests performed at Niantic. She's on house arrest now so it made sense that she was taken direct to hospital from court by State police.

Any medical care while incarcerated is on the state’s dime. She may have wanted/needed care her insurance or for which she would pay, but the prison would not. Prisons are notorious for horrible care. A Dr. in the prison? I don’t know, but I would bet maybe once a month- and maybe nurse practitioners on call and coming in more often. Meds probably distributed by the cheapest possible legal person in the state. MOO, but with some experience in Medicaid and incarceration. (MA does not cover care given in prison in any state I know of, btw, even when eligibility is not lost yet- such as just picked up in jail. In some states, Medicaid will cover a hospitalization that occurs during a stint in prison or jail. If not, prison must cover the hospitalization, too.)

I am not into speculating about MT’s medical needs.

I don't think he was actually ever ordered to pay child support. MOO.
There again is JD attorney. What was he doing? Why no liens on FORE properties to protect JD interests? Why in heck were there still joint accounts after 2 years??? What did he tell her on initial consultation? Once proceedings formally begin, there are some things you can't do anymore. Before that happens, the atty advises close all joint accounts, take half of what is in there(you can get bank check written to spouse for their portion), cancel spouse as authorized user on credit cards, make arrangements to get utilities out of your name if that is the case, change life insurance, etc. JD paid all that money to a lawyer only to have joint accounts 2 years later and no child support. WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know some think they are sticking to their lies until the end whatever that is (and it will be deserved), but my gut tells me that opportunists are fickle and will take an out of offered and they see no other avenue to save themselves. JMO

Just as long as they can see an advantage...I see MT denying and prevaricating until Bowman screams into her face that the only thing that could help her is to STOP LYING!!! That Fotis was USING her!!! And that she is going to prison for the REST OF HER LIFE if she doesn’t pony up! Even then, not much accommodation can be made, because, all the time she was lying, LE was working, and developing their case. I think KM might break first, since he already knows that MT and Fd are outside.

I agree. She probably has been on some benzo. Either Valium, Klonopin, Xanax, etc. Withdrawal starts after 24 hours and is horrific from knowing of this from someone first hand. That is my bet. She wouldn't have been able to sleep the second night at all. Probably crawling out of her skin. Well, good... nothing compared to the suffering that Jennifer went through.

Perhaps the poncho was used to suffocate JF after she was zip tied.

Moo

Warrant: Fotis Dulos rode vintage childhood bike from park to Jennifer Dulos' house
However, the bike was not found when police searched his home in the days following Jennifer Dulos’ disappearance, the warrant said. Pieces of the bike were recovered from trash cans on Albany Avenue, along the same route investigators found blood-soaked sponges , a stained poncho and a Vineyard Vines shirt and bra belonging to Jennifer Dulos ...
Based on security video footage cited in arrest warrants, police said Fotis Dulos used a vintage bicycle to travel from Waveny Park to Jennifer Dulos’ Welles Lane home on May 24. The route would have taken him down heavily trafficked roads like Lapham Road, Old Stamford Road and Weed Street around 7:30 a.m.
*not bolded by me
Warrant: Fotis Dulos rode vintage childhood bike from park to Jennifer Dulos' house

I fear that the chemical in the bags (found in shallow grave) completely dissolved all tissue and such ( I can't bring myself to say, type it).

When a local asked local LE if she would be found, LE quick response with a 'nope', I think this is why.
I believe the men who reported finding the hole stated that there were bags of lime in there. Lime will reduce odor of decomposition but actually preserve human or animal remains. This doesn't seem like a very bright idea if you were going to bury a body permanently. Maybe the plan was to eventually return and move the unfortunate soul for whom the grave was intended. Lye (often in drain cleaners) is an extremely caustic material that will break down tissue quickly. Lye is also used in bar soap, which is perfectly safe to use because it is combined with vegetable oils and that combination causes a chemical reaction that neutralizes the lye.

There again is JD attorney. What was he doing? Why no liens on FORE properties to protect JD interests? Why in heck were there still joint accounts after 2 years??? What did he tell her on initial consultation? Once proceedings formally begin, there are some things you can't do anymore. Before that happens, the atty advises close all joint accounts, take half of what is in there(you can get bank check written to spouse for their portion), cancel spouse as authorized user on credit cards, make arrangements to get utilities out of your name if that is the case, change life insurance, etc. JD paid all that money to a lawyer only to have joint accounts 2 years later and no child support. WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They both asked for alimony/child support and the Judge never ruled on it but there was a lot of back and forth with his financial affidavits and Midler was her 2nd attorney
IDK if that had something to do with the hold up on the rulings.

But he should have been ordered to pay SOMETHING. With or without his financial records. That’s the point.
Here, if can’t prove income for whatever reason, court has discretion to order minimum based on minimum wage, or what would seem to be in line with previous earnings or EARNING POTENTIAL. Lots try to get by saying can’t find a job at same salary. Amazing when ordered based on what they could be earning, a new job materializes.

ETA: nevermind...I saw reply posted above after I had written and submitted.

Do we know if Jennifer ever filed for child support? They were not yet divorced and I don't know that an order would have been created if she hadn't filed for it. If that is the case, she may have not done so specifically because she knew he was broke and she also didn't want to "poke the bear." If she had means to take care of their financial needs without it, that may have well been a choice on her part. I have known a few mothers (and one father) that deliberately did not file for child support because they knew it would create more problems for themselves and their children. It isn't right but it happens. Custody and child support are two totally different issues and in my experience, courts treat them as such. IE, parent is not paying court ordered child support does not mean he/she does not get court ordered time with child/children. Likewise, someone can be paying court ordered child support but that does not automatically entitle them to access to children unless that is spelled out in a custody order/agreement.

I agree about Fd for a reasonable juror without the undo influence of the slippery tongued NP. I don't know who's going to try the case for the prosecution, but Colangelo will need to up his verbal game or old Norm could schmooze a juror who doesn't want to analyze the evidence.

Here's to one of the "3 stooges " flipping, JFd's body being discovered, and maybe some Justice for Jennifer and peace for her family!

“That was the only time we’ve been surprised in this file,” said Norm Pattis, Fotis Dulos’ current attorney. “We did not contemplate an arrest of Mr. Mawhinney.
Jennifer Dulos murder case: Why husband's lawyer was arrested

The FD weird communications with KM’s STBX wife were reported in the press and theories about them were discussed in this forum. So why was Norm so surprised? So not even famous PI Patrick McKenna heard about it and gave NP the head’s up on it to prepare him?

Went back to AW3 as my recollection was fuzzy on the exact wording of the Chubb checks.

But the reason I do believe that one party alone cannot deposit the Chubb checks into the Joint Account is that AW3 states the checks are made out to: Fotis Dulos AND Jennifer Dulos. Had the check been made out to Fotis Dulos OR Jennifer Dulos then YES, Fotis Dulos could have deposited the check without the signature of Jennifer Dulos.

So, I think this was a bank error and I also believe Fd knew what he was doing was wrong. IMO the bank shouldn't have allowed this to have happened. I also wonder what these checks were for?

Seeing the magnitude of these Chubb checks I am even more disgusted that JFd Atty Midler didn't do more to safeguard the marital assets as it looked like Fd ransacked the joint account and transferred it to his personal and FORE account.

I also find it quite amusing that Atty. P. who accused JFd of 'taking a substantial sum from the joint account' when she left 4Jx somehow didn't reference the Fd actions with the Chubb Checks!

Here is the language from AW3 that describes the checks.

View attachment 224948

But what is also interesting is that technically Fd was only entitled to 1/2 the check proceeds from the Chubb Checks and YET it seems he swept the ENTIRE amount into his personal account i/n/o Fotis Dulos and then eventually to a FORE Group account.

Because of the way the Chubb Checks were made out originally by Chubb I believe that People's Bank of Bridgeport, CT should have required the signatures of BOTH parties in order to deposit the check.

This is probably just one incident of - what FD did their entire marriage, siphoning, swindling, stealing money - for HIMSELF, as JD and her family paid for everything else. "Working" as a "builder" and not turning a profit is not a job, its a hobby...it was a front to steal money from JD family...FD first order of marital business was QUIT his day job, make up this cockamamie "I want to be a builder, and your daddy is going to pay for it," he conned HF..who was really caught btwn a rock and a hard place, his daughter married this fool...If HF had said no can do, not going into 'business with you FD, I would keep your day job," I would bet dollars to doughnuts FD would have hit the bricks before having 5 living breathing ATM machines with the wealthy man's daughter...

ETA; being a builder IS a real job, it pays well, but someone at the age of 40 doesn't quit their bank job to 'be a builder' without his own money, or any experience what-so-ever beyond, picking out fancy expensive finishings, which ANYONE can do..when it ain't your money you are spending..

You know I live out here, and I see this day in, day out...and SEVERAL men I know have as "new-son-in-law-to-rich-man' asked their new rich FIL for a job, or ASAP upon marriage quit their day jobs to 'consult' in a home office (but boating, sleeping, drinking, golfing, guys trips)...this not-really-working-new-son-in-law is putting pressure on wealthy FIL to provide, some men have intentionally been laid off so they can "boo hoo I was laid off" (for YEARS), or I am 'trying a new carer and it isn't working out,' and its a way to shake down wealthy FIL. But FIL has to say NO, sorry pal, these are your kids and your wife, figure it out..I really wish HF would have told FD to fk off..and not gone into this BS scheme with him to sell those overpriced homes in a market that won't sell...we have big giant mansions sitting in Darien, Greenwich, Rowayton now..Farmington...its a place NO ONE would consider who lives local to NC..

Last edited:
They both asked for alimony/child support and the Judge never ruled on it but there was a lot of back and forth with his financial affidavits and Midler was her 2nd attorney
IDK if that had something to do with the hold up on the rulings.
And why would FD even get child support? He didn't have custody of any type. What a frivolous motion. The alimony notion is outlandish on both their parts, IMO. Income can certainly be imputed for child support purposes. Maybe CT is different, but most everywhere, if you don't pay support, you go to jail. JD attys got NOTHING done except rack up billable hours. MOO.

While we're all worried about poor MT suffering from detox and needing hospitalization, has
anyone mentioned that alleged alcoholic KM
may also be having a few DT's himself.
Long time alcoholics have been known to actually die from the effects of alcohol withdrawal. It's crazy what effects this has on
body organs and sometimes they fail.
Don't know if KM has any advocates in his corner since so many alcoholics have used and abused family and friends to the point of being
totally alone w/ their substance problem.
My guess is KM's having some very rough days right now.

And why would FD even get child support? He didn't have custody of any type. What a frivolous motion. The alimony notion is outlandish on both their parts, IMO. Income can certainly be imputed for child support purposes. Maybe CT is different, but most everywhere, if you don't pay support, you go to jail. JD attys got NOTHING done except rack up billable hours. MOO.
Do you think the Judge should have just granted the divorce with no alimony or child support for either and no
distribution of assets.
also an AMC or SW instead of GAL for the kids for the custody issues

This is probably just one incident of - what FD did their entire marriage, siphoning, swindling, stealing money - for HIMSELF, as JD and her family paid for everything else. "Working" as a "builder" and not turning a profit is not a job, its a hobby...it was a front to steal money from JD family...FD first order of marital business was QUIT his day job, make up this cockamamie "I want to be a builder, and your daddy is going to pay for it," he conned HF..who was really caught btwn a rock and a hard place, his daughter married this fool...If HF had said no can do, not going into 'business with you FD, I would keep your day job," I would bet dollars to doughnuts FD would have hit the bricks before having 5 living breathing ATM machines with the wealthy man's daughter...

ETA; being a builder IS a real job, it pays well, but someone at the age of 40 doesn't quit their bank job to 'be a builder' without his own money, or any experience what-so-ever beyond, picking out fancy expensive finishings, which ANYONE can do..when it ain't your money you are spending..

You know I live out here, and I see this day in, day out...and SEVERAL men I know have as "new-son-in-law-to-rich-man' asked their new rich FIL for a job, or ASAP upon marriage quit their day jobs to 'consult' in a home office (but boating, sleeping, drinking, golfing, guys trips)...this not-really-working-new-son-in-law is putting pressure on wealthy FIL to provide, some men have intentionally been laid off so they can "boo hoo I was laid off" (for YEARS), or I am 'trying a new carer and it isn't working out,' and its was way to shake down wealthy FIL. But FIL has to say NO, sorry pal, these are your kids and your wife, figure it out..I really wish HF would have told FD to fk off..and not gone into this BS scheme with him to sell those overpriced homes in a market that won't sell...we have big giant mansions sitting in Darien, Greenwich, Rowayton now..Farmington...its a place NO ONE would consider who lives local to NC..
Wow. Someone should write an article about that trend in FIL/SIL relationships and money in that area.

Ugh it’s awful!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members