Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #41

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by doodles1211, May 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gardenista

Gardenista Well-Known Member

Attorneys: Prosecution of Jennifer Dulos case could change after Fotis Dulos suicide attempt

New Canaan attorney Matthew Maddox said it appeared Dulos’ bond was going to be revoked at the courthouse on Tuesday, and that could have set the defendant off.

“No matter what has been the spin to the media about fighting these charges to the bitter end, the allegations in the warrant, as I have said before, are daunting,” Maddox said. “So, regardless about what is being said by his media team, you would have to drink a lot of high-powered Kool-Aid to wake of with a happy face every day if you were Fotis Dulos.”

2. afitzy

afitzy STAY HOME, SAVE LIVES!

@kinch33kim, any link? This would be a major development if true IMO.

3. Rosiebones

Rosiebones Well-Known Member

I guess it depends on what being alive is. He may recover to where his heart beats without help and he breathes on his own because these are primitive brain stem activities, an area that is the last to be affected by oxygen deprivation. But the cortex, the area that reasons and thinks is the most fragile and the most susceptible to oxygen deprivation. His being alive doesn't mean he can ever meet the standards to participate in in murder trial.

4. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

I'm thinking someone at the scene spoke out of turn. Perhaps someone heard he had no pulse and then that person told reporters he was dead. It's an easy assumption to make that no pulse = dead.

But, there is a reason that only certain people are allowed to announce someone as dead - and this is an example. A person can be revived.

jmo

5. afitzy

afitzy STAY HOME, SAVE LIVES!

No, 1 sister that we are aware of.

6. Chessman

Chessman Well-Known Member

With lawyers like Norm Pattis the costs to the system are huge. A lawyer from the defense should have anticipated this possibility with someone holding his hand leading up to yesterday's hearing. Lawyers are after all officers of the court not independent agents.

A medivac helicopter ride alone like this runs over $100K, specialized treatment all the way into NYC very expensive. But of course those and the obstructions Pattis has been pulling with large costs are not something he cares about with the courts trying to give people justice.

Marg from Oz, NoSI, Tink56 and 7 others like this.
  7. More likely because it's her only hope of getting some mercy from the courts. Shame! They should try her, but she will probably make some deal... imo.

8. Boxer

Boxer Well-Known Member

Cant see that. Do you have a link?

Marg from Oz, Misy, Tink56 and 3 others like this.
  9. bkgregg5

bkgregg5 Well-Known Member

I asked my husband how all of this works (he is a fireman/EMT). He said when giving CPR, they will generally rotate every few minutes and do not stop until a doctor calls it. The fire department renders aid until the paramedics arrive. Paramedics will administer other medicines, etc while the fire dept continues to perform CPR. Meanwhile, the paramedics are communicating with a doctor who makes the call to either continue life-saving measures or pronounce time of death, based on the conditions the paramedics are providing to the doctor. My husband says there have been situations where they have performed CPR on patients for over an hour. I know in this situation in was police rendering aid, but I imagine its similar protocal.

10. kaen

kaen Trying to be a good human.

I have CPR/AED training for the Professional Rescuer. I have been in the situation to be on scene of a person in bad shape. I had started care with a colleague. I didn't think they would survive but things improved when more advanced care was on scene b/c they had more access to equipment and hospital options that they could get clearance to do in the field. I just wanted them to get the person out of area and to the hospital. It took about ten minutes for them to leave the scene with the person in the ambulance. Fingers crossed for me.

Marg from Oz, Misy, Tink56 and 10 others like this.
  11. Herat

Herat Way out West

Does anyone else remember this?

The name of the FORE Group was derived from the first two letters of FD’s and his architcect sister’s names?

FORE: FO=Fotus, RE= sister’s first name.

I honestly don’t remember her first name and I’m not going to risk trouble with the Mods by sleuthing it.

Marg from Oz, Misy, Tink56 and 8 others like this.
  12. kimch33kim

kimch33kim Well-Known Member

yea i'll upload it on dropbox

13. Herat

Herat Way out West

All the medical costs are determined and organized usually after discharge.

Private ambulance services usually bill separate from the hospital costs unless they are owned by the hospital.

So it’s very likely the ambulance, air transport bill will arrive in about 2 weeks

14. kimch33kim

kimch33kim Well-Known Member

Marg from Oz, Misy, Tink56 and 27 others like this.
  15. joypath

joypath Well-Known Member

Rather than fight the quote system (fighting with cellphone today!), the 1st assessment of fd on scene viability was rapid & "word" spread FAST! EMS & others with equipment continued the life-saving response.
    once reaching the ER, even deeper assessment was conducted including arterial blood gas levels, blood values of electrolytes (& other blood chemistry) & hematologic evaluations (great way to measure CO effects on hemoglobin (the O2 carrier in the body). These parameters along with other physical indicators dictate treatment

IME

16. Alkali13

Alkali13 Wannabe Criminalist

I've been wondering the same, and my best guess is that something said was misinterpreted.

LE later stated they couldn't "revive" FD. If that wording was used by a source on the scene earlier in the day, it's possible that language was misinterpreted as FD is deceased and they could not bring him back to life. The same word, "revive," could also mean he was unconscious and they were not able to make him regain consciousness.

MOO.

Marg from Oz, Tink56, Catz and 12 others like this.
  17. MDATCA

MDATCA Well-Known Member

He has more eyes on him right than any other time since this all began. Not only a medical team are monitoring him 24/7 but I guarantee a police guard presence. As far as anyone is concerned he was still on house arrest when the medical emergency occurred. Even if it had not been right before a bond revocation and a suicide attempt but a medical emergency he would have a guard at all times.

18. Rivkah11

Rivkah11 Well-Known Member

Is attempted suicide a crime in CT? Some states, it is. I argued with my friend that FD would not try self harm as he seems to exhibit signs of Narcissistic Personality Disorder. My friend, a psychiatric SW argued that he would. (I lost that bet). He knew from the beginning of this particular bond that his collateral was over valued and properties were foreclosed. He knew it was a matter of time until it was discovered. This was his Plan B.

19. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

Great post.

Every solid case we get people who are confused about what evidence means. The affidavit lists the evidence, which was enough for an arrest and charges. And some of which we’ve seen in the form of photographs.

Only someone desperate would believe that the vast evidence described in the affidavit doesn’t really exist.

20. Corrupted1967

Corrupted1967 Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.