Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #48

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay- neither of us are in her head. Each comment you make seems to support my point of view. I’m sure it’s vice-versa for you. But here is an example:

“MT..was a demanding lover, who knew the way to Fd's motivation in life which seems to be a devoted lover who supported him in his whims and needs... “ This seems to me to show Fotis was dominant. She was making demands that please him.

“MT used sex to get what she wanted in relationships, IMO.” Ditto above.

She probably threatened removal of that component of the relationship to get her way. Really? With Anna in the wings? Knowing how she met him? He’d cope fine, and she knew it.

Wouldn't be surprised if she came up with the idea of inserting the morning shower intimacy in the Alibi Scripts. Me neither, because it seems knows what a-hole men like. It also wouldn’t surprise me if Fotis suggested it because it makes him sound like a stud. They both should have hoped the line got LE off their game.

It puts Fotis on top either way. She becomes the rude nickname others use for her, and/or a liar if we assume she made it up, while he is a stud.

MT more than Fd wanted JFd gone....out of the way. Fd still needed/wanted a amicable relationship with JFd to help his financial issues, but MT checked those trust documents and probably assured him he didn't need JFd to continue the "good life." We don’t know who initiated the checking of the documents. Are you saying the kids trusts’ not enough cash? That increases Fotis’ interest in inheriting his wife’s trust sooner rather than never (as in after divorce) IMO. Either way—they did not need her or they needed her dead not divorced— I still assert Michelle only benefits in that her man benefits and maybe they can stop “fighting all the time” and go back to squeezing lemons. It does not mean she is in the drivers seat. And she would not actually own the money.

Fd was afraid to tell MT he had been at WL on the 22nd. He didn't want MT to know that he was talking with or seeing JFd. Or he didn’t feel Michelle was entitled to know where he was at all times; see how he’s got the power even if she is upset? He would probably twist her upset into it being her fault he was keeping secrets.

Or he did tell her, and she was surprised LE knew, because she thought it was not for them to know and conclude he was scoping the joint.

MT, IMO, was the one pushing Fd to make JFd disappear. Possibly. But each of your reasons can be used to assert the opposite.

Ruminations

Guess we'll agree to disagree....MT was well aware of what SHE WANTED. She pushed, and pushed, and pushed. They were fighting because she wasn't getting HER way. If she were meek and afraid of Fd, she wouldn't argue with him.

MT was an experienced woman who had elected to be around dominant men and seems to have done quite well. She knew how to use her sexuality to manipulate. Whereas, JFd was horrified by Fd's temper tantrums, MT ignored him. JFd was frightened by his revenge fantasies, MT played along. MT knew how to wind up Fd and keep him angry; JFd tried to help him calm down.

Of course, IMO...MOO...Neither of us can know for sure, but as a woman who has known women similar to MT, she could have easily influenced what Fd did. Moving on....:)

Last edited:
Iirc, the cell tower info pulled according to the SWs was not "just after school gets out;" it was ~10:30PM.

ETA: ~10:30PM on 5/23, the night before JFD's "disappearance."
Ah, sorry - I was thinking of the ping around 2:15-3pm - I was just going from memory, and must have had the wrong location in mind.

At the time I am referencing, the ping was near a smallish house that could be home to family including a teen.

Guess we'll agree to disagree....MT was well aware of what SHE WANTED. She pushed, and pushed, and pushed. They were fighting because she wasn't getting HER way. If she were meek and afraid of Fd, she wouldn't argue with him.

MT was an experienced woman who had elected to be around dominant men and seems to have done quite well. She knew how to use her sexuality to manipulate. Whereas, JFd was horrified by Fd's temper tantrums, MT ignored him. JFd was frightened by his revenge fantasies, MT played along. MT knew how to wind up Fd and keep him angry; JFd tried to help him calm down.

Of course, IMO...MOO...Neither of us can know for sure, but as a woman who has known women similar to MT, she could have easily influenced what Fd did. Moving on....:)

:) legally, there is no difference. Guilty, guilty, guilty, it appears, either way.

Why would you think it is odd of Jennifer to insist that Michelle not be around when the children visited with their father?? I would trust her decision making 100% and we do not know exactly what she based her choice to prohibit the contact on. Maybe she knew MT was engaging in something that she wanted to be sure her children had no part in. Remember it was JFd who was a well-respected member of the Farmington community for years before MT came on the scene. I am sure she had many people who were reporting things to her.

As far as MT, whether she was led by FD or she was leading FD, gives her no excuse whatsoever to conspire and participate in any way in a crime that harmed another. She understands completely the difference between right and wrong and this is evidenced by her attempts to try to wiggle out of the mess she has gotten herself into. Her lying and then changing stories to LE is also an indicator that she knew right from wrong. Whether she was leading or being led, she had the capacity and power at any time to walk away. She could have said this is more than I bargained for, this is not right, I can go elsewhere to make my way in the world. But, she chose to stay with a man who was crumbling financially and who many people reported as a hothead. She stayed with him knowing full well of the danger he was putting her into. That was her choice and no one made her do it. She got herself involved in a murder of a mother and has chosen to act as if she is a victim. I can’t buy that for a moment.

On first point, I think we agree and you misunderstood my rambling run on sentences. I do trust Jennifer’s opinion. The point is that it tells me that Michelle is -different. She is not pretending to be super step mom, nor does she seem to inspire Fotis to act like super dad. If she were more typical, she would have brought out the charming faker in Fotis, and Jennifer would have preferred that to the ski-smashing side.

On the second point, I agree. Michelle is guilty IMO no matter who was leading whom. I never felt or said she does not know right from wrong.

Wow. Thank you so much for this, @sds71 !

So interesting how Dave puts in information as if it were fact that hasn't been confirmed - or even discussed - by law enforcement! The Fudge knife for example, and much more.

And wrong/missing/misleading info, including regarding when LA the nanny tried to connect with Jennifer, etc.
wonder what DA's source is that LE showed MT a picture of FD and AC in the fall?
Wonder what her response was?
And did MT know who she was?

Activity: Pre-Trial Next Court Date: 3/31/2020 10:00 AM
Current Charges
Statute Description Class Type Occ Offense Date Plea Verdict Finding
53a-54a CONSPIRACY TO COMMIT MURDER B Felony 1 5/24/2019 Not Guilty

AND...MT's:
Activity: Pre-Trial Next Court Date: 3/20/2020 10:00 AM
Current Charges
Statute Description Class Type Occ Offense Date Plea Verdict Finding
53a-155 TAMPERING-PHYSICAL EVIDENCE D Felony 1 5/26/2019 Not Guilty

Back-to-Back excitement! Whoo Hoo.

[sniped for focus]

@Ruminations, I greatly miss @LittleBitty too and hope they will return soon as they are greatly missed and they are a huge asset to this thread IMO.

I would never presume to speak for @LittleBitty so I'm not sure if what I believe to possibly be 'illeism' / third party voice here from you was meant to speak on behalf of @LittleBitty or @Ruminations but just doing a quick review of the last bunch of posts by @LittleBitty (our resident Texas spitfire BTW), I'm not so sure they would find anything in the background of MT to excuse anything that MT may have done or may not have done in this tragic case of the Murder of JFd. PS, Just doing this as @LittleBitty is choosing to not be here now...

MT is a grown [REDACTED] woman, has free will, has freedom of movement, has freedom of choice, has financial means from her $4,000/month child support, has a family and is now a 45 year old single mother of a teen daughter who was fully capable of leaving 4Jx at ANY TIME. MT didn't even have to have moved to CT way back when the hook up period had been going on for over a year by that point either.

Choice. MT had many CHOICES and many FORKS IN THE ROAD all along the way in her 'relationship' with Fd.

Not sure truly why anyone would accept excuses based possible on childhood experiences to excuse participating in a plan to brutally murder another human being?

Nope, in my experience @LittleBitty has a keen grasp of 'justice Texas style' and puts great stead in the ideas of personal responsibility and self determination (of which we have seen zero from MT so far as I can see).

I am not making excuses for MT.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, sorry - I was thinking of the ping around 2:15-3pm - I was just going from memory, and must have had the wrong location in mind.

At the time I am referencing, the ping was near a smallish house that could be home to family including a teen.
You're thinking of Bristol, the other errant ping we don't have an explanation for.

You're thinking of Bristol, the other errant ping we don't have an explanation for.
That 'errant ping' was my point, made in the wrong spot! :)

A possible explanation for Bristol is if the house next door - perhaps with a teen? - is for MT have stopped by for a drop off/pick up/discussion just after school.

QuestionTue, Feb 18 (6:41 pm)
Hi, I wanted to ask how the killer known Jennifer schedule? She could have go straight to NY after dropping off the kids. So he must know that she will return home.
Answer
Tue, Feb 25 (12:11 pmIf you believe Dulos was the killer, in the scenario outlined by state police he had to have had a pretty good idea of what her schedule was, when she took the kids to school and when she came home for that. The killer clearly knew what their time frame was to get to Jennifer's house, get in a position to get in the garage and follow her into the garage.

RSBIandUBM

Does DA get paid per question? Lots of them were written by NP.

This one, however, was submitted by MT.

moo

By Dave Altimari
Hartford Courant |
Feb 25, 2020 | 11:49 AM
Hartford Courant investigative reporter Dave Altimari is taking your questions about the Jennifer Dulos case live.
Submit your questions by using the tool below, or just follow along.Your Question
Five Things You Need To Know
Start your day with the stories everyone will be talking about.
Author's Note

QuestionWed, Feb 19 (7:29 pm)
In your latest article "The story of the last time Fotis Dulos saw his children: Chocolate bunnies, a haircut, a new basketball hoop and an outdoor picnic", you seem to normalize the relationship between Fotis Dulos and Jennifer Dulos. There are those (including myself), who would characterize this whole case as one of horrific domestic violence, allegedly ending in the ultimate act of violence - kidnap/murder. Your description in this and other articles of the divorce proceedings read like a he said/she said account. How would you respond to the criticism that in your quest for "fairness", you may have erred on not giving enough attention to the domestic violence aspects of this tragedy?
Answer
Tue, Feb 25 (12:47 pm)
I thought the court monitor reports story was important because it first of all included tremendous details of the May 22 visit to the house by Dulos. I also thought it was important because it gave a window into how tedious that whole process is. So here's Dulos sitting there, paying $200 an a hour to a stranger, driving three hours each time to see his kids for a few hours tops. I think it just shows the process and how it worked. I also think many of the other issues you raised are addressed in the body of work we’ve done covering this story.
To his credit, he did respond to my question, albeit while being quite equivocating - IMO. In hindsight I should have included pointed and specific quotes from his article that were overly sympathetic to FD's "plight". Oh well.

That 'errant ping' was my point, made in the wrong spot! :)

A possible explanation for Bristol is if the house next door - perhaps with a teen? - is for MT have stopped by for a drop off/pick up/discussion just after school.
If her daughter had a full day of school that day, EWS last bell isn't until after the SW times on Friday (2:30PM-3:00PM; last bell is 3:25PM).

I am not making excuses for MT.

<modsnip: removed user tag; they are unnecessary as the quote feature serves that function>

Good to hear that you aren't making excuses for Co-Conspirator MT as I don't believe there exists one excuse in the whole entire world to justify any part of her alleged behaviour now seen in 3 AWs relating to the murder of JFd. So, I guess we do perhaps agree on something!

NOT ONE EXCUSE EXISTS FOR MT. NOT ONE!

I wish we had more data points on MT but sadly we are doing the best we can with the information available.

IMO if one were to look at the decision points in MTs' life a strong case can be made that MT does what she wants to do when she wants to do and with whomever she wants to do it with/to. MT was in CT because she wanted to be and stayed for the exact same reason IMO.

MT seems to find people to 'take care' of her and doesn't really like being by herself or taking care of herself or her own life. MT simply seems to like moving from one adrenaline high to the next in life and that really is the extent of it so far as I can tell. In short she seems to be totally self focused with the emotional depth and range of a raindrop falling on 125F degree pavement IMO! MT in her relationships seems to trade sex and adrenaline highs to get what she wants and its a pretty consistent pattern IMO. The person we haven't heard from is the MT ex husband who was the motorcycle racer if I recall. My guess is that he has some interesting tales to tell about who all MT just might be!

IMO IF MT cared much about what others thought then she would not have spent a lifetime hooking up with other peoples BFs and husbands. Ditto on flaunting her affair with Fd in Farmington whilst JFd and the children STILL lived in town and were still going to school. Did MT care much about what the parents at Renbrook would say about her and her daughter when she chose to enroll her daughter in the same school where the Dulos children attended? Did she really think the EW community would embrace her after AW1 dropped and she was disinvited from her daughters graduation? These things might matter to some folks but MT just kept it moving and doing what she was doing because she IMO believed it was working for her and she still felt good. Curious though how she felt about being flashed the picture of AC and Fd by LE that we learned about today from our favourite 'reposter' DA? In AW3 we learned that MT now 'hated' Fd. Ha! She hated him so much that she left the lemon squeezer and the 'artistic pictures' etc. at 4Jx.

MT based on what I believe we have seen from her behaviour doesn't give a rat's [REDACTED] *advertiser censored* about anyone else other than herself and moreover doesn't feel remorse or sadness about the consequences of her actions ever. Its just the way she rolls IMO which was why many threads ago I characterised this behaviour as possibly veering more typically 'masculine' and so jokingly wondered if Michele wasn't really Michael wearing female apparel! The MT tendencies that we have seen are IMO veering far beyond typical narc territory into the realm of Fd sociopathy/psychopathy IMO. We joked for 1/2 a thread about Fd and his taking a test for psychopathy. I'm curious where MT would shake out if given that entire test as well as IMO she shares more in common in terms of psychological profile with Fd than not.

I will never forget the leaked rumours of MT sobbing hysterically during the one one night she was locked up in the Taj Mahal of jails in NC. I never got the sense MT was sobbing for JFd, the 5 Dulos children or even her poor choice IMO to not assist the investigation into 'finding' murdered JFd. Nope. MT was no doubt having a total pity party meltdown and was angry to have been caught and was behaving IMO like a caged and cornered animal. Early on I sadly gave MT credit for being smarter than she has turned out to be but now 8 months in of watching MT my suspicion is that we have a pretty clear idea of who and what she is and if I had to pick a single word to describe her it would simply be PREDATOR.

Yep, she is an opportunistic parasitic viper who preys on what others have, doesn't want to work for it herself and suffers also from IMO huge issues with entitlement. This all is fuelled by support from her family and we have seen this play out in all the 'trip to the mall parades at the Courthouse by her entire family'! JFd Realise all this about MT and also IMO understanding quite a bit about the PI JFd used in her divorce, my guess is that JFd fought to the mat to keep MT away from her 5 children because of what MT was as a human being and how she had conducted her life and how she didn't want anything about MT and her whole entire parasitic family to have anything to do with the 5 children. IMO there really is next to no redeeming value in MT and no doubt JFd PI has a whole file (as does LE) to explain this in much greater detail than the limited information that we have.

My issues are a couple with the OP:

MT wasn’t the type to be pushed around? Ruminations is not sure. She was in a very vulnerable position. One thing that happens to people when they have a history of abuse, especially sexual abuse and especially in childhood, is they lose some self protection skills that seem instinctive to others, and have to relearn them. Being queen of 4jx might seem like her goal, but it was where Fotis had all the power. She had homes. She could have insisted that he move his kitchen tools in with her.

I don't for a second believe MT was in vulnerable position. MT had nothing tying her to CT and so could have packed herself and daughter up and returned to Miami or CO. Didn't have to stay and didn't have to play the planning a murder game with Fd and KM and whoever else is involved. Nope. Didn't have to do it. MT stayed because she perceived $$$ in staying and IMO that was it. She was wrong in this regard IMO as we have seen with the Fd financial implosion. My guess is she also stayed because Fd paid her and I do wonder if we will learn if he ever stopped paying her? How much of the huge credit card balances were devoted to paying MT and keeping the lifestyle she wanted going? My guess is it was a good chunk because MT knew how to push Fd button and get what she wanted always IMO. Think about it, MT didn't even spend her own money to buy a car in CT and was completely supported by Fd which is why JFd described her as a 'paramore' and I refer to her as a 'paraho' because I believe her primary motivation was simply greed and $$$$ and the perceived value of being "Queen of 4Jx"!

We don't have any information to suggest abuse and even if we did it IMO wouldn't in any way justify the MT decision to participate in the murder of JFd. If you have information in this regard please post it, but as I said it would be interesting to read but irrelevant as a way to justify participating in the murder of JFd.

Something is very wrong with Michelle. She is behaving in an extremely unusual way to deaths. She acts out sexually and if she were 13 or 14, I would worry that she was being abused at home and is in danger of being trafficked. It is really odd that Jennifer absolutely would not abide her being around when it is more typical for ex wives to find that their ex behaves better when a “friend” is on the scene. (And, If Jennifer were blinded by the natural jealousy that would occur —-which seems unlikely given she prioritized her children over herself—-then others like the law guardian would have chimed in and said that kicking Michelle out did not seem necessary to them.) That woman is not right, IMO.

Yep, MT behaves in 'extremely unusual ways to deaths' IMO because she isn't wired to care or have remorse or feel shame or any other of the wide range of human feelings. Nope, MT simply doesn't feel it and worse yet she appears so self involved that she doesn't even get why others would feel these emotions too and so she is irritated when others wanted to talk about how it was sad that JFd was missing. Remember the quote from the IT specialist making the comment when on the phone with MT (they were working on erasing her 'pictures' and 'files') where he said it was sad about JFd being missing and he said 'MT made a strange face'. MT made a strange face because she simply didn't care about jFd being missing/murdered and just wanted to focus on erasing the compromising pictures on her phone (sorry but I do hope LE captured all these deleted photos, including the artistic ones, and show them in poster board size at the MT trial!). I do wonder if these photos had anything to do with the various 'parties' at 4Jx? Wonder if we will hear more about those at trial too? Enquiring minds and all that....

Again, we have no info to suggest any kind of abuse or fear of trafficking in the MT past as by all accounts she lived a pampered upper middle class childhood in Caracas with not a financial worry in the world.

JFd didn't want her children around MT because of who and what MT was as a human being and I will defer to JFd on this choice as it was no doubt supported by extensive PI work IMO.

Here's is the quote about the AC photo being shown to MT that we saw today. I won't even get into how DA knows anything about the substance of the MT interviews....

QuestionTue, Feb 25 (12:47 pm)
How and when did Michelle first learn about Anna Curry?
Answer
Tue, Feb 25 (1:07 pm)
The state police actually showed Troconis photos of Anna Curry when they were interviewing her the third time. They had photos of Dulos and Curry together. That would have been sometime in the fall.

MOO

RSBIandUBM

Does DA get paid per question? Lots of them were written by NP.

This one, however, was submitted by MT.

moo

HaHa! <modsnip: removed user tag>

Good one!

It did sorta seem like one long DA and Atty. P. conversation with a couple of WS questions tossed in.

Thanks for the laugh! Needed it today!

MOO

Yep, the re-publishing issue is totally 'sus' IMO and I totally agree with you here.

Wonder if this was a 'favour' that Atty. P. asked of his 'old friend Helen' at Hearst?

Seems that way IMO.....sad if true though but could also explain why no more activity on the FOIA front regarding the FPD on the Glock or the Fd Suicide investigation.

What a crew in CT.....

MOO
I got a printout of the re-publish in newspapers from my public library (I'm not a CT Insider). It left out several of the last paragraphs that were in the CT Mag version. One ironic difference: About 10 paragraphs down in the 2nd version is a one-sentence paragraph/heading: "'He likes the scum.'" In the CT Mag version it's, "He likes the scrum." (Referring to Atty O'Keefe's quote below. I looked it up. Short for scrummage, a play in rugby.) But I think the typo is more pertinent. Pattis has an affinity for scum. moo

@Ruminations I do agree that "Michelle" acted in a very odd manner to death....Fd's and JFd's. However, I don't agree with your suggested (any evidence to support your opinion???) reasoning of MT being vulnerable.

MT, from everything I've read, was a demanding lover, who knew the way to Fd's motivation in life which seems to be a devoted lover who supported him in his whims and needs. MT used sex to get what she wanted in relationships, IMO. She probably threatened removal of that component of the relationship to get her way. Wouldn't be surprised if she came up with the idea of inserting the morning shower intimacy in the Alibi Scripts.

MT more than Fd wanted JFd gone....out of the way. Fd still needed/wanted a amicable relationship with JFd to help his financial issues, but MT checked those trust documents and probably assured him he didn't need JFd to continue the "good life." Fd was afraid to tell MT he had been at WL on the 22nd. He didn't want MT to know that he was talking with or seeing JFd.

MT, IMO, was the one pushing Fd to make JFd disappear....IMO...MOO

Exactly.

FYI, MT Only saw HF's Will in the NY Probate Court, Not the Trusts.

The Trust Documents are Not filed in Probate Court and the 'Dream Team' of Fd/MT would Not have access to the Trusts.

If you recall, Fd Tried to get access to the Trusts by way of the Civil Trial, which would Also denote that they do Not Know the details of the Trusts.

IMO.

T
By Dave Altimari
Hartford Courant |
Feb 25, 2020 | 11:49 AM
Hartford Courant investigative reporter Dave Altimari is taking your questions about the Jennifer Dulos case live.
Submit your questions by using the tool below, or just follow along.Your Question
Five Things You Need To Know
Start your day with the stories everyone will be talking about.
Author's Note
Tue, Feb 25 (12:00 pm)
Okay we're going to get started now with some of the questions that we have already gotten. I will keep answering others as they come in and we will add in questions that we have already received. If you asked a question ahead of time your question will be answered here.
QuestionTue, Feb 18 (5:45 am)
If Paris has evidence that will completely exonerate Fotis and is able to explain why he was on Albany Ave That night disposing of evidence why don,t they disclose it?
Answer
Tue, Feb 25 (12:18 pm)
Norm Pattis has said he can explain the garbage bag dump but he has revealed little of that explanation. He may be holding out hope for his longshot appeal to keep the case alive. Norm may also plan to file additional actions in the case so he could be saving it for then as well.
QuestionTue, Feb 18 (9:46 am)
Is it accurate that Fotis’s mother was killed by a former nanny at the Farmington house when she hit her with an automobile? If so , when did that happen?
Answer
Tue, Feb 25 (12:19 pm)
That is a true story, but it was at the Avon house where Jennifer and Fotis lived before moving to Farmington., The mother was run over by the previous nanny in 2010. Police ruled it an accident. The car that was recently the subject of discussion in probate court was actually Dulos' mother's; he kept it after she died.
QuestionTue, Feb 18 (10:25 am)
Why does the Courant over report about Fotis Dulos? He died.
Answer
Tue, Feb 25 (12:07 pm)
While he is dead, his co-defendants will still go to trial at some point. There's been such intense interest in the story and there are still lots of questions about what happened -- including, obviously, where's Jennifer's body? The murder also is going to be the subject of legislative action this year specifically taking a look at family court.
QuestionTue, Feb 18 (11:16 am)
Assuming that Fotis murdered Jennifer, transported her body in the red Toyota and then disposed of her body, why would he have taken the risk of transporting bloody items of evidence (including Jennifer’s clothing) to dispose of them in Hartford? Why not simply dump the bloody clothing with the body?
Answer
Tue, Feb 25 (12:25 pm)
This is the biggest disconnect of this whole case. If, as the state police believe, this was a well-thought out murder, the disposal of the evidence on Albany Avenue does not seem well planned. Did he simply not realize that there are video cameras everywhere in Hartford? I do know that several bags of evidence were lost because state police didn't search Albany Avenue area fast enough.
QuestionTue, Feb 18 (11:47 am)
How does Attorney Pattis explain the garbage bags being disposed on Albany Avenue in Hartford by Dulos, if he was innocent
Tue, Feb 25 (12:01 pm)
Norm Pattis has claimed all along that he does have an explanation for the garbage bags, but he has yet to reveal it. Dulos referred to that explicitly in his suicide note. Pattis may be waiting to see if his longshot attempt to keep the criminal case going will work before saying anything else.
QuestionTue, Feb 18 (12:11 pm)
Is law enforcement actively searching for Jennifer’s body? What aspects of the murder investigation are most active at the present time?
Answer
Tue, Feb 25 (12:04 pm)
We haven't heard about any recent searches. I do know that a couple of times they have quietly returned to the West Hartford reservoir based on recommendations from probation officers who were monitoring Dulos' movements. The reservoir area is considered to be a potential grave site area.
QuestionTue, Feb 18 (12:35 pm)
Fotis Dulos was -at least on paper- an intelligent man, yet he was accused of hatching a clumsy plot to murder his spouse in which he must have known he would be the prime suspect. Under these circumstances, what do you think was his motive? Was there any ‘logic’ behind the crime?
Answer
Tue, Feb 25 (12:15 pm)
It would have been interesting to see what the state would have presented as a motive at trial. Originally they referred to the contentious divorce, but in the murder warrant they referred to possible financial motives i.e. access to the children's trust funds. There is stuff we don;t know such as the contents of the Dr. Herman report, which may have been favorable to Dulos. Police believe this was a well-thought out murder, not a spur of the moment idea, there was too much planning for that.
QuestionTue, Feb 18 (2:01 pm)
What do we know about Anne Curry’s involvement with Fotis? The narrative of a long lost “best friend” gifting Fotis $150K in bail money just doesn’t ring true.
Answer
Tue, Feb 25 (12:26 pm)
The story I have been told is that they worked together years ago in New York and that she reached out to him after his first arrest. The exact nature of their relationship is unclear, though she was living at the hosue and he refers to her in his suicide note several times. She clearly was close enough to him to agree to pay as much as $400,000 for his bond.
QuestionTue, Feb 18 (6:41 pm)
Hi, I wanted to ask how the killer known Jennifer schedule? She could have go straight to NY after dropping off the kids. So he must know that she will return home.
Answer
Tue, Feb 25 (12:11 pmIf you believe Dulos was the killer, in the scenario outlined by state police he had to have had a pretty good idea of what her schedule was, when she took the kids to school and when she came home for that. The killer clearly knew what their time frame was to get to Jennifer's house, get in a position to get in the garage and follow her into the garage.
QuestionTue, Feb 18 (8:19 pm)
Where is his wife?
Answer
Tue, Feb 25 (12:10 pm)
That's one of the big questions in this case. There are a lot of theories, state police have chased down lots of possibilities and searched all of his properties. It's the enduring mystery of this case that we may never get an answer to. State police may well believe Troconis or Mawhinney know where her body is.
QuestionWed, Feb 19 (6:28 am)
Many in state government have been critical of State Representative Minnie Gonzalez and her group of family court litigants, who have championed changes to Family Court procedures for years. While many may not like this official or her group's vocal methods, haven't they been saying the same thing for years? That some court monitoring methods are so expensive and some processes too long or entrenched, that they cause bad behavior or bad outcomes? What are proposed changes and have they been made before and when?
Answer
Tue, Feb 25 (12:08 pm)
This case is definitely going to put the spotlight on family court before the legislature. There are going to be suggested changes, a state representative from New Canaan area has already submitted a bill. I think they'll be questions on how to resolve high tension divorces quicker, maybe even a movement to have jury trials and cut out a lot of the legal wrangling by lawyers.
QuestionWed, Feb 19 (7:29 pm)
In your latest article "The story of the last time Fotis Dulos saw his children: Chocolate bunnies, a haircut, a new basketball hoop and an outdoor picnic", you seem to normalize the relationship between Fotis Dulos and Jennifer Dulos. There are those (including myself), who would characterize this whole case as one of horrific domestic violence, allegedly ending in the ultimate act of violence - kidnap/murder. Your description in this and other articles of the divorce proceedings read like a he said/she said account. How would you respond to the criticism that in your quest for "fairness", you may have erred on not giving enough attention to the domestic violence aspects of this tragedy?
Answer
Tue, Feb 25 (12:47 pm)
I thought the court monitor reports story was important because it first of all included tremendous details of the May 22 visit to the house by Dulos. I also thought it was important because it gave a window into how tedious that whole process is. So here's Dulos sitting there, paying $200 an a hour to a stranger, driving three hours each time to see his kids for a few hours tops. I think it just shows the process and how it worked. I also think many of the other issues you raised are addressed in the body of work we’ve done covering this story.
QuestionThu, Feb 20 (7:01 am)
Is Anna Curry still in Connecticut? Was she really living at 4 Jefferson Xing since September 2019 with Fotis? Can Brad Ragaglia get off with the trespass charge?
AnsweTue, Feb 25 (12:06 pm)
I believe Anna Curry has gone back to North Carolina.. She was staying at the house until the whole thing exploded with the police showing up, the moving van fiasco and the legal wrangling over the property. She could resurface during the probate fight or if there are any lawsuits regarding the revoked bond. The trespass charge Ragalia is facing is a misdemeanor, I believe he has no previous record so in these cases it’s not unusual for the case to be dismissed.
QuestionSun, Feb 23 (7:05 pm)
There were license plates disposed of in a Fed Ex box. Any additional information on the vehicle to which the plates were assigned?
Tue, Feb 25 (12:42 pm)
The license plates belonged to an old vehicle that had been registered to Dulos way back in 2007. I know that they were trying to get better images of the red Toyota truck on the highway to see if they could capture the license plate, but as far as I know they haven't been able to do that.
QuestionMon, Feb 24 (2:52 pm)
How do we know where police have already thoroughly searched? Are there efforts by civilians to organize searches?
Answer
Tue, Feb 25 (12:21 pm)
When Jennifer first disappeared there was a lot of publicity about state police searches partly because citizens were posting stuff on social media on where they were. The searches have certainly slowed down, but we certainly don't know everywhere they have searched. Look at the East Granby Gun Club alleged grave site search, no one heard about that until the arrests. There have been no civilian searches that I know of, the family has made it clear that they want the state police to handle the searches.
QuestionMon, Feb 24 (3:48 pm)
How can you answer questions about the Dulos case, when you have ignored the actual experts on the problem and CT's broken and corrupt "family" court system?
Answer
Tue, Feb 25 (12:33 pm)
Not sure who you are referring to as the experts here and this case certainly has shone some light on the family court system. I've written several stories about the Dulos divorce case delving into transcripts to highlight the growing frustration Dulos had with the system. The story about the letter he wrote to the judicial selection commission complaining about Judge Heller showed that. Family court will definitely be on the legislative agenda this session.
QuestionMon, Feb 24 (6:45 pm)
Are the authorities continuing to look for Jennifer Dulos' body or Clues related to the case?
Answer
Tue, Feb 25 (12:13 pm)
While the police have not publicly been seeking out clues or asking residents for surveillance videos and the like as they did at the beginning it is still an active case. There are not teams of detectives assigned every day to it but there is still a case officer. There is still evidence being processed. I know when Dulos was alive they were closely watching his GPS movements to see if he returned to certain spots in the reservoir area for example. They have done a few searches in that area.
QuestionTue, Feb 25 (6:32 am)
Dulos said his lawyer has evidence that he didn’t kill his wife,does he?
Answer
Tue, Feb 25 (12:20 pm)
His attorney Norm Pattis was working on a "theory" to present as a defense at trial. Norm is adamant about trying to keep the case going. Until he exhausts all legal avenues he will likely keep his theory to himself.
QuestionTue, Feb 25 (10:11 am)
Has an further information been garnered from the man who found the knife since he is no longer a suspect?
Answer
Tue, Feb 25 (12:22 pm)
The two Hartford homeless men that police interviewed, and then later I did as well, haven't talked to the state police since the summertime as far as I know. “Fudge,” the last person to allegedly have the knife, told me that he didn't know who he sold it to for $10. Police never found the knife.
QuestionTue, Feb 25 (10:39 am)
Did it ever occur to anyone that Fotis Dulos was hoping to be 'rescued' and recovered? If he had started his 'suicide' a bit later, or they had come 'a bit earlier', he may have been saved.
Answer
Tue, Feb 25 (12:43 pm)
Roger isn’t the first person to come up with this theory. It’s pretty risky to hope someone will save you. However, there are questions about that morning that I don’t think have been answered yet.
QuestionTue, Feb 25 (11:18 am)
How do you think the courts could have handled the custody case better?
Answer
Tue, Feb 25 (12:41 pm)
Family cases bring out varied opinions - I have gotten lots of calls and emails from women who believe Jennifer's case is no different than theirs, in terms of how the court handled it, and also from guys who say they related to the frustration of not seeing their children that Dulos expressed many times. The state's attorney has said the contentious court case was part of the motive for her disappearance.
QuestionTue, Feb 25 (11:46 am)
Is there any update in relation to the ax that was found in Fotis's garage the day he was arrested?
Answer
Tue, Feb 25 (12:14 pm)
the ax referred to in this question was confiscated by the state police in January when they arrested Fotis Dulos for murder. It was taken from his garage and taken to the state laboratory. I have not heard of any results of testing done on it as of yet. We likely will not for awhile because the state's attorney doesn't have to reveal anymore evidence since the murder trial is now off.
QuestionTue, Feb 25 (11:59 am)
As things progressed, did Dulos come to recognize you and know who you and Nick were? How did he act toward you?
Answer
Tue, Feb 25 (12:23 pm)
I covered all of Dulos' court appearances and he was well aware of who I was. I talked to him briefly during court breaks many times. The only time he was angry with me was over a story about how he was $4 million in debt that came out during the civil trial. He hated that story, got right up in my face during a break, he later apologized.
QuestionTue, Feb 25 (12:00 pm)
VISITATION: You wrote that The Courant had copies of the supervised visits between FD and the children. You mentioned they dated back to January 2018. Will you be reporting more on the other reports/visits? Or will you be making them public/posting?
Answer
Tue, Feb 25 (12:32 pm)
i put a synopsis of the visitation reports in the story to give a flavor of what the reports were like.We decided not to publish them all because no one else has them. I'm not sure if I will be writing more about them. The reports are very detailed and are very similar in style and form as the May 22 on was.
QuestionTue, Feb 25 (12:03 pm)
Was FD's activities on the Thursday evening before all part of the Alibi ?Do you know the names of the people that were at the Dinner Party?Do you have an opinion as to whether KM knows where Jennifer 's body is?Did the State Troopers find any evidence of the purchase of the 2 lime bags in any of the suspects Credit Card Records?
Answer
Tue, Feb 25 (12:30 pm)
The dinner party at Jefferson crossing was for a small group of friends including some of his water skiing buddies. All have been interviewed by the state police as to their whereabouts the next day. One of the females at that party is part of Michelle Troconis' alibi for the 24th.
Where has Norm Pattis been?
Answer
Tue, Feb 25 (12:35 pm)
Norm was in Texas for week with his other famous client Alex Jones and then he was on vacation. I believe he is preparing for the March 3 hearing, where he plans to fight to keep the case going.
FUDGE: Has there been anymore information on the whereabouts of “Fudge"; who may have the knife found in the trash can with the pillow?
Answer
Tue, Feb 25 (12:40 pm)
There were two different homeless men involved in recovering the knife. The first man who found it in the garbage took it and put a bloody pillow back into the trash, he then allegedly sold the knife to “Fudge” for $5 worth of crack. Fudge then sold it for $10 and it has never been seen again. It’s possible they will be witnesses at the trial, especially the first guy who said he found the bloody pillow and put it back.
QuestionTue, Feb 25 (12:04 pm)
TRIAL: Will all of the “discovery” be used to prosecute Michelle and Kent?
Answer
Tue, Feb 25 (12:28 pm)
Yes all of the evidence that would have been used to prosecute Dulos will be used in their cases. The state will still have to prove that a murder occurred here and that Jennifer Dulos is actually dead in order to prove conspiracy to commit murder. So all of the events of May 24 will have to come in as evidence at their trials.
QuestionTue, Feb 25 (12:10 pm)
If the case against Fotis Dulos is ultimately dismissed, will the discovery that the state has ever become public?
Answer
Tue, Feb 25 (12:31 pm)
If the case is dismissed on March 3, the evidence will not become public because Colangelo will likely argue that it will all be needed to try the other two defendants. Plus, without the recovery of Jennifer’s body, the state police will not officially close the case. It will remain open.
QuestionTue, Feb 25 (12:15 pm)
What'st he status of Mahwinney and Traconis?
Answer
Tue, Feb 25 (12:36 pm)
Both of them are in the pre-trial phase of their cases. Dulos had sought a speedy trial so his case was going to go to a jury in the fall if he had survived. Since neither of these defendants are charged with murder, it will likely take longer for their cases, although since Mawhinney is still in jail his case will likely be done first.
QuestionTue, Feb 25 (12:19 pm)
Regarding the matter of where Jennifer’s body might be, are there any options law enforcement may have to get Troconis or Mawhinney to reveal what they may or may not know about the whereabouts of the body?
Answer
Tue, Feb 25 (12:44 pm)
The state police have pressed both of them for that answer. Finding Jennifer's body is still the top priority for them. Both of them did give interviews to the state police, multiple times in Troconis' case without any deals in place for doing so.
QuestionTue, Feb 25 (12:22 pm)
What is Pattis' motivation for keeping the trial alive?
Answer
Tue, Feb 25 (12:37 pm)
Norm has said that he wants to try this case to exonerate his client’s name. He is fully prepared to put on a defense and was planning to call Dulos as a witness. Now the attempt to keep the criminal case alive is a long shot.
QuestionTue, Feb 25 (12:25 pm)
Are the children being home schooled? Or are they at school o New York?
Answer
Tue, Feb 25 (12:38 pm)
The children are going to school, but the family has not disclosed where. They have asked that the children's privacy be respected and we have adhered to that.
QuestonTue, Feb 25 (12:40 pm)
Did they ever find Jennifer's cell phone? What theory gives reason to her blood found in her car and his borrowed truck?
Answer
Tue, Feb 25 (12:49 pm)
Jennifer's cellphone has never been found, it is one of the mysteries of this case. They did a specific search for it in Waveny Park with special FBI dogs and have found nothing. The last they know of her phone was it pinged on Lapham Road, where her Suburban was found. State police have said that they believe her body was transported from Welles Lane to Lapham Road in her own vehicle and then transferred to the Toyota truck.
QuestionTue, Feb 25 (12:00 pm)
What is the status of the bond money that Ann Curry and the private Investigator paid for his $6 million bond?
Answer
Tue, Feb 25 (12:51 pm)
She has lost $147,000 as of now and is on the hook for another $200,000.
QuestionTue, Feb 25 (12:31 pm)
What do you think we will learn from the inventory and Probate? Will we learn who is paying Pattis?
Tue, Feb 25 (12:52 pm)
The probate judge has given the temporary administrator 30 days to provide an inventory, but that may be optimistic because he will need to document every item in 4 Jefferson Crossing, because people are claiming some of the stuff is theirs. A full inventory will probably show what Fotis already knew, that he was running out of money. Several properties are in foreclosure, the homes that aren't are heavily mortgaged.
Thank you so much for this SDS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member