Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #50

Status
Not open for further replies.
@_ShannonMiller
TODAY: Attorneys representing Jennifer dulos’ father’s estate filed a lawsuit against Fotis Dulos’ criminal attorney Norm Pattis asking that Pattis return the remainder of the $250,000 retainer to Fotis Dulos’ estate.

****Pattis’ attorney John Williams releasing this statement in response: “This is an utterly frivolous and meritless lawsuit which appears to have been brought on behalf of the woman who bears a large measure of responsibility for the tragedy that has enveloped this family...
We not only intend to defend the case vigorously, but after we prevail we will seek compensation from everyone responsible for bringing it. There is much to be said here and we fully intend to say it in the appropriate forum and at the appropriate time..

What? ....The woman who bears a large measure of responsibility for the tragedy that has befallen this family..."???

I have no words. Well, I HAVE them, I can't post them.

JMO

What? ....The woman who bears a large measure of responsibility for the tragedy that has befallen this family..."???

I have no words. Well, I HAVE them, I can't post them.

JMO

Interesting isn't it! Word on the street is: if you need the services of John Williams, you're either so guilty of something or you've got plenty to hide; sometimes it's a co-morbidity! Esq. Williams has a huge reputation of frozen H2O skating around the truth/fact while collecting $$$$$$$ for his performances.
That said, he is GOOD with extrapolating tiny facts/issues into lava mountains!

@_ShannonMiller
TODAY: Attorneys representing Jennifer dulos’ father’s estate filed a lawsuit against Fotis Dulos’ criminal attorney Norm Pattis asking that Pattis return the remainder of the $250,000 retainer to Fotis Dulos’ estate.

****Pattis’ attorney John Williams releasing this statement in response: “This is an utterly frivolous and meritless lawsuit which appears to have been brought on behalf of the woman who bears a large measure of responsibility for the tragedy that has enveloped this family...
We not only intend to defend the case vigorously, but after we prevail we will seek compensation from everyone responsible for bringing it. There is much to be said here and we fully intend to say it in the appropriate forum and at the appropriate time..

I'm utterly speechless, followed by a need to gag! Attorney Williams may rival Attorney Pattis for hyperbole and sound bites and cruelty...anything to pervert the course of justice!

How could Attorney Pattis in good conscience keep this retainer? There's some 'splaining to be done, IMO....MOO.

@_ShannonMiller

It’s starting to seem like some people are competing for the worst, tone-deaf, outright stupid, outrageously offensive BS. And over and over again: People try to take and keep money from those five kids. It is appalling. MOO.

Wednesday, August 19th:
*Plea Hearing (@ 10am ET) – CT – Fotis Dulos (52) - *Brad Ragaglia (61) was arrested & charged (2/2/20) with 1st degree criminal trespassing. Bond is $1500 (non-surety); released from custody.
He showed up at Fotis’ door Christmas Eve (2019) being invited by Fotis. Ragaglia gifted Fotis holy water, capsules of magnesium & two spiritual books. They exchanged phone numbers. They texted for about a week. Fotis thought the holy water & capsules might be poisoned. Police never tested them. February 2nd — after Fotis’ death. That's when police say they found Ragaglia trespassing at 80 Mountain Spring Road. It’s another Dulos property searched in connection to the murder investigation. Ragaglia was charged with first degree trespassing.
2/2/20 Update: Next court date 4/22/20 awaiting plea. 4/22/20 Update: Hearing has been rescheduled due to the coronavirus to 7/8/20. 7/8/20 Update: Hearing has been rescheduled to 8/19/20.

I'm utterly speechless, followed by a need to gag! Attorney Williams may rival Attorney Pattis for hyperbole and sound bites and cruelty...anything to pervert the course of justice!

How could Attorney Pattis in good conscience keep this retainer? There's some 'splaining to be done, IMO....MOO.

Maybe Pattis will appear on Chaz & AJ's show--'splaining. Or not--Pattis' publicity firm didn't post anything about this on his website.

Interesting isn't it! Word on the street is: if you need the services of John Williams, you're either so guilty of something or you've got plenty to hide; sometimes it's a co-morbidity! Esq. Williams has a huge reputation of frozen H2O skating around the truth/fact while collecting $$$$$$$ for his performances.
That said, he is GOOD with extrapolating tiny facts/issues into lava mountains!
Williams has had a number of run-ins with ethics committees himself.

It’s starting to seem like some people are competing for the worst, tone-deaf, outright stupid, outrageously offensive BS. And over and over again: People try to take and keep money from those five kids. It is appalling. MOO.
Remember when Pattis was trying to get LaTronica (lawyer in his firm) appointed as administrator of Dulos' estate? How low can he go?

Remember when Pattis was trying to get LaTronica (lawyer in his firm) appointed as administrator of Dulos' estate? How low can he go?

Pattis did want to keep the Dulos business "in house" didn't he. I wonder what Rena will have to say about all of this?

A couple of articles without anything especially new:
Estate of Jennifer Farber Dulos’ late father sues attorney Norm Pattis over $250,000 retainer paid by Fotis Dulos

Lawsuit: Norm Pattis kept $250K retainer after client died in Jennifer Dulos case

Wednesday, August 19th:
*Plea Hearing (@ 10am ET) – CT – Fotis Dulos (52) - *Brad Ragaglia (61) was arrested & charged (2/2/20) with 1st degree criminal trespassing. Bond is $1500 (non-surety); released from custody.
He showed up at Fotis’ door Christmas Eve (2019) being invited by Fotis. Ragaglia gifted Fotis holy water, capsules of magnesium & two spiritual books. They exchanged phone numbers. They texted for about a week. Fotis thought the holy water & capsules might be poisoned. Police never tested them. February 2nd — after Fotis’ death. That's when police say they found Ragaglia trespassing at 80 Mountain Spring Road. It’s another Dulos property searched in connection to the murder investigation. Ragaglia was charged with first degree trespassing.
2/2/20 Update: Next court date 4/22/20 awaiting plea. 4/22/20 Update: Hearing has been rescheduled due to the coronavirus to 7/8/20. 7/8/20 Update: Hearing has been rescheduled to 8/19/20.

MORE CHANGES....
RAGAGLIA BRAD 1959 Hartford Comm Court Awaiting Plea 09/30/2020 10:00 AM H14C-CR20-0180107-S

Pattis did want to keep the Dulos business "in house" didn't he. I wonder what Rena will have to say about all of this?

A couple of articles without anything especially new:
Estate of Jennifer Farber Dulos’ late father sues attorney Norm Pattis over $250,000 retainer paid by Fotis Dulos

Lawsuit: Norm Pattis kept $250K retainer after client died in Jennifer Dulos case
And does Rena think that a 1/4 mil $$$ could have gone toward her brother's bail (and maybe kept him from the suicide attempt? There must've been another payment to NP when he was first retained to represent FD on the obstruction charge last year, right? Was there an accounting for whatever that was? What did that retainer contract say?

And does Rena think that a 1/4 mil $$$ could have gone toward her brother's bail (and maybe kept him from the suicide attempt? There must've been another payment to NP when he was first retained to represent FD on the obstruction charge last year, right? Was there an accounting for whatever that was? What did that retainer contract say?
I am confused about the $$$ paid to Pattis too. Did NP start the case pro bono (highly doubt it), and only collect a retainer after the murder charge? Are there separate retainers taken for every arrest? I can't wait to see how this plays out. How can NP not return the unused portion of the retainer to the estate? Not cool.

This would sort of explain why the usually strident Pattis has been so quiet since practically January, after professing his faith that he could get Fd acquitted after death. He either knew the suit was coming, or he was keeping his head down so everyone would forget about the money he was holding but hadn’t yet earned. If that money could have been used for Fd’s bail, then it is one more reason to hold Pattis responsible for Fd’s death, as well as the lack of justice for Jennifer’s family. I do love how the Farber side is turning over each and every rock, to hold these creatures responsible for what they’ve done. KM and MT would be wise to make a note of the scorched earth policy that the Farber family is pursuing. Actually, that also goes for Rena Dulos and Anne Curry, too.

The SA article by LB says the complaint cited NP for ethical violations, but it actually cited violations of several CT statutes. I wonder if Weinstein will add CUTPA claims too. (CT Unfair Trade Practices Act) You can get triple damages on that one. And retaining a client falls under the "entrepreneurial" aspect of the lawyer's business. Maybe Atty Hug would have standing to file a CUTPA against Pattis, too. Go for it!

This would sort of explain why the usually strident Pattis has been so quiet since practically January, after professing his faith that he could get Fd acquitted after death. He either knew the suit was coming, or he was keeping his head down so everyone would forget about the money he was holding but hadn’t yet earned. If that money could have been used for Fd’s bail, then it is one more reason to hold Pattis responsible for Fd’s death, as well as the lack of justice for Jennifer’s family. I do love how the Farber side is turning over each and every rock, to hold these creatures responsible for what they’ve done. KM and MT would be wise to make a note of the scorched earth policy that the Farber family is pursuing. Actually, that also goes for Rena Dulos and Anne Curry, too.

The FD fiasco represents so much "funny money" and "strange transfers" that cry for a little transparency, IMO. The first question: Where did FD have $250,00 to pay NP?

So, if Pattis felt entitled to keeping the payment, and it was part of his motivation to push for a trail despite the fact his client was dead. I wonder if he can claim billing time for preparing the motions to go forward with the murder case and his time before the press. I thought he said, "This is personal." Didn't sound like a paying client.

Of course, we have the Greek relatives who wanted to pursue the case going forward. Did anyone have a blanket power of attorney to express FD's wishes prior to his death? Who entered the safety deposit box? What was in the box?

Is AC still responsible for the bond and loans she signed to free FD in early January? I'm hazy why she would be held responsible when the person for whom the bond was intended is dead. Didn't Pattis say she was still responsible for the financial aspects of the bond? Why does she need legal representation? Who is her attorney?

Where is attorney Phufas (sp?)? What information does he have to share with the probate court? Does he have access to additional FD funds?

Does Attorney Murray know about this payment? Has he been paid? And, there's poor Attorney Habib who needs to pay his own legal counsel.

WHAT A MESS!

The SA article by LB says the complaint cited NP for ethical violations, but it actually cited violations of several CT statutes. I wonder if Weinstein will add CUTPA claims too. (CT Unfair Trade Practices Act) You can get triple damages on that one. And retaining a client falls under the "entrepreneurial" aspect of the lawyer's business. Maybe Atty Hug would have standing to file a CUTPA against Pattis, too. Go for it!

Maybe NP should keep reading St. Augustine and keep hiding out at home. :D:D

Here's an old article in which NP speaks about his former mentor John R. Williams who was suspended from the practice of law for violating a trial motion:
Norm Pattis: Suspension of John R. Williams deeply troubling

"Today my heart aches for John. You see, after the verdict in Mr. Reyes’s case was accepted by the court, the judge then turned his sights on John, ordering him suspended from the law for 20 days effective Jan. 15, 2015.
The court suspended John because it found that he had made no innocent mistake, which John claimed at the hastily conducted hearing. The court concluded that John intentionally violated the court’s order, effectively calling John a liar.
John lay his law license down for his client. I wish there were more advocates like John Williams in the courts. Yes, he erred. It happens at trial. But it was an error born of zeal for his client. Isn’t that worth something?"

Here's an old article in which NP speaks about his former mentor John R. Williams who was suspended from the practice of law for violating a trial motion:
Norm Pattis: Suspension of John R. Williams deeply troubling

"Today my heart aches for John. You see, after the verdict in Mr. Reyes’s case was accepted by the court, the judge then turned his sights on John, ordering him suspended from the law for 20 days effective Jan. 15, 2015.
The court suspended John because it found that he had made no innocent mistake, which John claimed at the hastily conducted hearing. The court concluded that John intentionally violated the court’s order, effectively calling John a liar.
John lay his law license down for his client. I wish there were more advocates like John Williams in the courts. Yes, he erred. It happens at trial. But it was an error born of zeal for his client. Isn’t that worth something?"

John Williams “zeal for his client” cannot flout the law-which Williams knows, and which Pattis should. Williams was hoping not to be called out on his bad behavior. It appears to be a typical attitude among defense attorneys, that they don’t need to follow the law in defense of their clients. But the defense already has the “advantage” of not actually having to mount a defense; the prosecution must prove that the charges are supported by the evidence, and they must convince ALL of the jurors, while the defense merely needs one juror on their side. And from what I have seen in trials, the judge is typically and consistently harder on the prosecution than on the defense, in pursuit of a fair trial. So Williams must have really done something pretty egregious for the judge to do such a thing. There is absolutely no need for the defense to engage in contempt of court, and intentionally going against the law-he is an officer of the court, and should be better behaved there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong