Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, this is exactly the time when you wish that old rule-- that may still exist in some states, where it takes 7 years for missing person to be declared dead, would apply. :eek:

Probably not in this case-If they can try someone for murder, they’ve already effectively declared her to be dead. I do wonder what the ramification will be though? I wonder if the Greek relatives will, in fact, attempt to take the house in Farmington? These are sick people (they are part and parcel of what Fd was), so I think they will try to take it, or at least tie it up so that GF cannot sell it. Just to try and make her last years the hardest she has had. My thoughts are with her frequently throughout the aftermath of her daughter’s murder, suddenly needing to raise her 5 grandchildren, teaching them during Covid, and now this. Fotis’s family must be desperate to get their hands on more Farber money. Wouldn’t it just be easier to get a job and earn their own?

Probably not in this case-If they can try someone for murder, they’ve already effectively declared her to be dead. I do wonder what the ramification will be though? I wonder if the Greek relatives will, in fact, attempt to take the house in Farmington? These are sick people (they are part and parcel of what Fd was), so I think they will try to take it, or at least tie it up so that GF cannot sell it. Just to try and make her last years the hardest she has had. My thoughts are with her frequently throughout the aftermath of her daughter’s murder, suddenly needing to raise her 5 grandchildren, teaching them during Covid, and now this. Fotis’s family must be desperate to get their hands on more Farber money. Wouldn’t it just be easier to get a job and earn their own?

Some people will do anything not to work....imo...the children deserve the monies.

Did FD leave a Will? I’ve been away from her thread

According to the probate attorney appointed by the probate court, no will has been found. Of course, the safe deposit box was empty, and the person who emptied it is unknown to the estate (last this was discussed in public?) and the general public at this time.

Some people will do anything not to work....imo...the children deserve the monies.

They sure do, but aside from raiding that house of everything, I think Fd’sdisgusting bunch of grifters are going to try and steal the house. Everybody who thinks that, while the grifters did have to put the furniture back, that they took smaller and much more portable things, like jewelry, cash, and other valuables to take back to Greece, raise your hand!

According to the probate attorney appointed by the probate court, no will has been found. Of course, the safe deposit box was empty, and the person who emptied it is unknown to the estate (last this was discussed in public?) and the general public at this time.

When you draw up a will with a lawyer, does that get filed anyplace, or only after the death of the person with the will? In any event, if there wasn’t any will, why wouldn’t the effects of that person (Fd) belong to his children? I mean, with no will, certainly his sister and her family wouldn’t have a claim on any assets, and neither would AC or MT, or anyone else. Of course AC and the Dulos family of grifters likely already grabbed everything of any value that didn’t need a Greek moving truck to take, right?

When you draw up a will with a lawyer, does that get filed anyplace, or only after the death of the person with the will? In any event, if there wasn’t any will, why wouldn’t the effects of that person (Fd) belong to his children? I mean, with no will, certainly his sister and her family wouldn’t have a claim on any assets, and neither would AC or MT, or anyone else. Of course AC and the Dulos family of grifters likely already grabbed everything of any value that didn’t need a Greek moving truck to take, right?

It gets filed at city/town hall. You get a copy and I believe the lawyer keeps a copy. If there isn't a will, the state can take about a third of assets, and the taxes are at an outrageous percent. It can take years for the estate to be closed, if ever. So not worth dying without one. Need a lawyer here because I'm not sure about how much the state can take in CT if you die without a will, but I think it's a lot.

I can see the Greek relatives fighting over Fd's belongings, whatever's left after leaving the house. They certainly didn't leave emptyhanded, IMO. I'd think the entire contents of the house belongs to the five children. The house belongs to GF. Fd's relatives are out. There might not be anything left after the state of CT takes their share and the taxes are paid and the fighting begins over Fd's furniture.

We had the privilege of riding the train, once in a while. I lost a tooth in Shraft's Tea Room once!

Jennifer moved her children into a lovely town!

I remember Shraft's, but I was there when I was young. My father had a printing company in Times Square, forgot the street. I worked on 42 St and 3rd Ave. Irving Trust bank was on the corner.

It gets filed at city/town hall. You get a copy and I believe the lawyer keeps a copy. If there isn't a will, the state can take about a third of assets, and the taxes are at an outrageous percent. It can take years for the estate to be closed, if ever. So not worth dying without one. Need a lawyer here because I'm not sure about how much the state can take in CT if you die without a will, but I think it's a lot.

I can see the Greek relatives fighting over Fd's belongings, whatever's left after leaving the house. They certainly didn't leave emptyhanded, IMO. I'd think the entire contents of the house belongs to the five children. The house belongs to GF. Fd's relatives are out. There might not be anything left after the state of CT takes their share and the taxes are paid and the fighting begins over Fd's furniture.

How the will is dealt with depends on the state. In some US states, copies of wills are not filed with any government entities. In some states, it is possible to file a copy with a governmental body, but not mandatory. The attorney retains copies. Each state also has rules about estate distribution when there is no will. If parents are deceased, children usually benefit, although guardianship then becomes the issue. One mistake a lot of people make is not leaving a copy of the will, or the name of the attorney who drew it up, in an accessible place. In some cases, a self interested party can destroy copies of a will, and heirs battle it out in court.

How the will is dealt with depends on the state. In some US states, copies of wills are not filed with any government entities. In some states, it is possible to file a copy with a governmental body, but not mandatory. The attorney retains copies. Each state also has rules about estate distribution when there is no will. If parents are deceased, children usually benefit, although guardianship then becomes the issue. One mistake a lot of people make is not leaving a copy of the will, or the name of the attorney who drew it up, in an accessible place. In some cases, a self interested party can destroy copies of a will, and heirs battle it out in court.

Thank you for this! Mine was filed in CT because I used to live there. I thought a copy was sent to city hall, but I could be wrong. My lawyer has a copy and I have a copy. I need to do another one because I live in SC now, but seriously thinking of moving back to CT soon.

The creditors have the first claim to any assets, whether there's a will or not. In this case, the Farber estate is one of the main creditors, because of the judgment in the civil lawsuit. I wonder whether any of Dulos' lawyers, including NP, put in a claim as a creditor. If so, they'd have to produce their retainer agreements, to show if, or how much, retainer was given to them--by Dulos or by Phufas or whoever was paying them on Dulos' behalf. Even if they didn't put in a claim, their retainer agreements/accountings should have been requested, to see if any there was any remainder of the retainers, that would have been due to the estate.

After the estate's debts were paid, I'd think the children would get the "residual" estate. It might be determined that Jennifer died first, Fotis would be deemed to have inherited the spouse's share and the children their share of her estate (can't remember if it's 50/50 in CT). Then after his death his share of her estate, which became part of his estate would go back to the kids. I don't see any way his Greek kin could inherit. I'm not a lawyer, but years ago I did work in probate in a large law firm.

How did you lose your tooth? :(

Well, I was 6 or 7. The server took my plate into the kitchen, and returned with my tooth in a small box, Chinese-take-out-style.

Might have been the day we saw the Bolshoi at Radio City Music Hall, I'm not sure, my sister doesn't remember, Mom & Grandma are both gone.

My Dad has no idea, he was somewhere inside 605 West Third at the time!

Waveny wasn't a park then -- a little used family home.

Best, Laughing

^^bbm

In this case, I think we know more about the Corporate Assets (Fore Group) due to the litigation whereas their personal assets may be under a trust agreement, private from probate.

Lol about earning their own way. Living the life of a "taker" worked out pretty well for FD!

MOO

Has the hurricane impacted our two suspects very much???

Probably generators where Kent Mawhinney is living.

Is Michi in the dark, unable to post her virtue-signaling social media to save up to keep that pesky ankle bracelet charged?

She lived in Miami. A hurricane should be nothing new.

Kent -- tell the tale! We're listening, Colangelo is listening, help yourself & your children!

JMHO YMMV LRR

Well, I was 6 or 7. The server took my plate into the kitchen, and returned with my tooth in a small box, Chinese-take-out-style.

Might have been the day we saw the Bolshoi at Radio City Music Hall, I'm not sure, my sister doesn't remember, Mom & Grandma are both gone.

My Dad has no idea, he was somewhere inside 605 West Third at the time!

Waveny wasn't a park then -- a little used family home.

Best, Laughing

Hope you kept that little box and your tooth! :D

Some of the best days of my life were spent in NYC. All different now, though.

My dad spent a few afternoons in the Blue Ribbon. He used to tell my mother that's where the best deals were made! :rolleyes:

The train I took made a stop every day in New Canaan, down and back.

Best to you, too! Enjoy your evening!

The creditors have the first claim to any assets, whether there's a will or not. In this case, the Farber estate is one of the main creditors, because of the judgment in the civil lawsuit. I wonder whether any of Dulos' lawyers, including NP, put in a claim as a creditor. If so, they'd have to produce their retainer agreements, to show if, or how much, retainer was given to them--by Dulos or by Phufas or whoever was paying them on Dulos' behalf. Even if they didn't put in a claim, their retainer agreements/accountings should have been requested, to see if any there was any remainder of the retainers, that would have been due to the estate.

After the estate's debts were paid, I'd think the children would get the "residual" estate. It might be determined that Jennifer died first, Fotis would be deemed to have inherited the spouse's share and the children their share of her estate (can't remember if it's 50/50 in CT). Then after his death his share of her estate, which became part of his estate would go back to the kids. I don't see any way his Greek kin could inherit. I'm not a lawyer, but years ago I did work in probate in a large law firm.

Is it the same if they're divorced? I think the divorce was granted after Jennifer died. I wonder if she had a will. I hope she did.

Is it the same if they're divorced? I think the divorce was granted after Jennifer died. I wonder if she had a will. I hope she did.
I could be wrong but I don't think the divorce was granted yet.

This was one of the problems -- the proceedings were neverending to the point of some seeking legislation over what happened after JD filed and the embattled judicial proceedings required for her to divorce herself from FD. (Especially the legal fees JD incurred and was still incurring).

MOO

^^bbm

In this case, I think we know more about the Corporate Assets (Fore Group) due to the litigation whereas their personal assets may be under a trust agreement, private from probate.

Lol about earning their own way. Living the life of a "taker" worked out pretty well for FD!

MOO

I know, I know, but at least Jennifer married him-what’s his family’s claim on any of the assets (that they didn’t pilfer on their way out the door of 4JC)?

Has the hurricane impacted our two suspects very much???

Probably generators where Kent Mawhinney is living.

Is Michi in the dark, unable to post her virtue-signaling social media to save up to keep that pesky ankle bracelet charged?

She lived in Miami. A hurricane should be nothing new.

Kent -- tell the tale! We're listening, Colangelo is listening, help yourself & your children!

JMHO YMMV LRR

MT is posting to social media, and she posted something today, something about not having power, and speaking to her daddy and how she hopes he gets better, and how they roughed it in South America with indigenous people, like she’s roughing it now. Except she must have a generator, or else she cannot charge her ankle bracelet and cell phone to post to social media (I cannot take credit for this, and am ashamed I didn’t think of it myself). Or else, this is an opportunity for JS to tell the judge, “See? She could have taken off when the power was out, and she didn’t! That proves she has no plan to flee, so you can order it to be removed, Your Honor!” I sooo hope JS does this!

In many states, Jennifer’s estate might not pass to Fotis if he was a suspect in her death. This is certainly a very complex estate situation, and we don’t really know whether Jennifer had a separate will. I think it is possible that she did, due to the twists and turns of their relationship and pending divorce proceedings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff