Still Missing CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #54

Status
Not open for further replies.
John Moritz

@JohnMoritz18

During the hearing, which was President over by Judge White, Troconis had her motion to amend the conditions of her bail denied, meaning that she will continue having to hear an ankle monitor.

White did not issue a ruling into whether he will order a hearing at which police will testify about several affidavits which led to Troconis’ arrest. Her attorney called those affidavits a “disgrace” and “unethical.”

Prosecutors say the affidavits are substantially true — the only certain error being the number of places Troconis and Fotis Dulos stoped in Hartford while he dumped trash bags. Affidavits said 30, it was actually 3. They say arguing over those affidavits is a waste of time.

@MarissaAlter
Also at this hearing--Attorney Jon Schoenhorn again asked for Troconis' GPS ankle monitoring to be approved, saying she has never once not been in compliance for the past 1.5 years. "So you're saying it's working?" replied Judge White. White denied the request.
In addition--a lot of you asked why Troconis wasn't here today. Her appearance was waived. We learned she no longer lives in Connecticut and is spending her time in Florida with her family and Colorado where she has a place.
@News12CT
"So you're saying it's working?" LOL Love this judge.

Absolutely agree.....especially since her ties to CT are cut....

From Marissa:
We learned she no longer lives in Connecticut and is spending her time in Florida with her family and Colorado where she has a place

Huh? What happened to her deep ties to the community? Yup. Bogus. We all knew it was.

JMO

Looks like she has cut all ties with CT-and wasn’t that the basis of Schoenhorn’s argument to take the ankle monitor off, the last time he made such an argument? Wonder what happened to the Mitchells? I guess they all ditched each other. I am imagining right now, Michelle Troconis going about her business in CT, getting the stink eye, and all sorts of nasty comments wherever she went, and wanting to leave because people were being mean to her. Of course, I also think it was always her plan to leave the state, and possibly the country, if they ever managed to get that pesky ankle monitor removed. I know she doesn’t have a passport at the moment, but I think she has some pretty sketchy connections, that would somehow manage to get her out of the country, and down to South America, where I wish she had always stayed.

Any mention of the next court date? TIA!
animated-smileys-christmas-033.gif

Any mention of the next court date? TIA!
animated-smileys-christmas-033.gif

12/03/2021

This notification is brought to you by the Connecticut Statewide Automated Victim Information and Notification (SAVIN) Program.

This email is to inform you that MICHELLE TROCONIS, with docket number FST CR190167364T, has an upcoming court event.

A/An Hearing has been scheduled for 02/15/2022. This will take place in Stamford-Norwalk JD Courthouse located at the following address: 123 Hoyt Street, Stamford, CT.

Please be aware that there is often more than one case scheduled for a particular date in this court. Please visit www.jud.ct.gov to check for any updates that may be available on this case.

At least Judge White will be presiding...In the past, he hasn't suffered any nonsense.

From Marissa Alter:

@MarissaAlter

·
52m

Important to note--Troconis herself will not be in court. Her appearance has been waived. But her attorney will be there. Jon Schoenhorn and the state are set to go before Judge Gary White this morning in regards to Schoenhorn's motion requesting a Franks hearing.
@News12CT
I don't understand. This must be the fight of her lifetime so if she is innocent why would she not want to participate, at least virtually?

Jennifer Dulos Case: Suspect Michelle Troconis Not Living In CT

Dec 3, 2021

[..]

During a pre-trial hearing in Stamford Friday before Superior Court Judge Gary White, Troconis's attorney, Jon Schoenhorn, mentioned her residency status as he again tried to have her GPS monitoring device removed from her ankle.

[..]

"My client has been completely in compliance with all court orders," Schoenhorn told Judge White, adding that the GPS ankle bracelet has been a burden on Troconis, because she has to constantly recharge the device's battery.

But as Assistant State's Attorney Daniel Cummings and White suggested, the court has granted all of Troconis's requests to travel, and in fact, does not call Connecticut home anymore. She did not have to be present in court on Friday — and she was not — which was another request the court granted.

Schoenhorn confirmed that Troconis no longer lives full-time in Connecticut, and after the hearing he told reporters that she mostly spends her time in either Florida, where her family resides, or Colorado, where she has a home.

White denied the request to have the ankle monitor removed, but after the hearing Schoenhorn vowed to keep trying, and will likely file another motion about it in the future.

[..]

Fotis Dulos took his own life in January 2020, before he could stand trial, and his ex-girlfriend, Troconis, and friend and former attorney Kent Mawhinney have been charged with conspiracy to commit murder by assisting him in the plot.

[..]

Friday's hearing centered around several motions Schoenhorn has filed to have the case dismissed against his client, or certain evidence suppressed.

He argued that there were flaws in the arrest warrants, such as law enforcement's assertion that Fotis Dulos, with Troconis in the vehicle, made 30 stops along Albany Avenue in Hartford to discard bags that contained bloody clothing and other evidence.

Schoenhorn claims surveillance footage shows that he stopped only three times, and that there is no evidence that Troconis knew what was in the bags that Fotis Dulos threw away or why.

"My client also never threw anything away nor picked anything up while she was in the [Fotis Dulos's] truck," Schoenhorn said.

"Does it matter whether it was three stops, or 30 stops, or one stop?" White asked. "He was seen throwing away bags."

Cummings argued that precedent is against the charges being dismissed, and Schoenhorn has not provided information on what specific evidence should be suppressed.

[..]

Mawhinney, who is free but spent months in jail when he was not able to bond out, has implicated Troconis in the plot, a claim that Schoenhorn denies.

"Mr. Mawhinney is a disgraced, ex-attorney, who is facing charges that he assaulted his ex-wife," Schoenhorn said after the hearing, adding that he is looking forward to discrediting him as a "jailhouse informant."

"Anything he says, you have to take with a grain of salt," Schoenhorn said.

White did not make a decision about the motions to suppress evidence, and Troconis's next hearing in the case is scheduled for Feb. 15.

Mawhinney's next court appearance in the case, which is listed as a remote hearing, is scheduled for Jan. 18.

@Niner

More on the pretrial hearing from the Hartford Courant. Hope that Judge White's comments during the hearing are an indication of how he might rule.:

Assistant state’s attorney Daniel Cummings accused Schoenhorn of trying to capitalize on trivial inconsistencies and one factual error. Even if a court were to remove the inconsistencies and errors pointed to by the defense, Cummings said the warrants would still be “teaming with probable cause,” meaning they contain more than enough evidence for a judge to order an arrest.

Schoenhorn and Cummings even disagreed on what legal remedy is available to Troconis, should White conclude at some point in the future that the arrest warrants are defective. Schoenhorn wants charges dismissed or, alternatively, evidence suppressed. Cummings said state courts have held that dismissal of charges is not a valid option.

White suggested to the lawyers, repeatedly, during the argument that it might be more appropriate for Troconis to attack the police arrest warrant affidavits before a jury during a trial than during a pretrial attempt to dismiss charges or suppress evidence.

Also from the article...and it could be months before ruling:

White permitted Schoenhorn on Friday to challenge two of the three arrest warrants issued for Troconis. The second warrant asserts that Troconis was present when Dulos was attempting to sanitize a pickup truck that may have been used in the murder.

Schoenhorn also is challenging several police searches of Troconis’ home and possessions.

Fotis Dulos girlfriend Michelle Troconis accuses police of manipulating evidence in an attempt to vacate her arrests for murder conspiracy and evidence tampering

I don't understand. This must be the fight of her lifetime so if she is innocent why would she not want to participate, at least virtually?

I think it is that she is trying very hard to distance herself from anything to do with anyone named Dulos. And when you think about it, it isn’t a bad strategy. People have a short attention span, and not so great memories (except the people here). At some point, if the delays persist, potential jurors in CT will no longer mentally connect her with this murder-and there is a possibility that she might get acquitted-although it certainly depends on what evidence the state has.

I saw LA’s Thanksgiving posts. The kids got so big! Can’t believe the difference 2 years make. They all look happy. I guess they are doing as well as can be expected. So does GF. Glad to see them all together and smiling. Hopefully they are all slowly healing.
ETA: Then there’s MT sporting a funky skirt. But then again she’s still sporting the same anklet.

Thank you for posting about the innocents for those of us who don’t monitor SM posts.

I have always felt that those children had the benefit of 8 or more years of Jennifer, being in the custody of compassionate and capable people dedicated to make them their number one priority. (As did their mother, the parent about whom I know more.) This could not be bought for any price.

Sadly, in this country, appropriate mental health care for long term trauma, rather than for acute crisis, is a luxury that is beyond the reach of middle class families. Fortunately, these children have the fortune of a fortune. I wish more families had access to such care, but I am VERY relieved that these children do.

Obviously, I don’t know these children, and I am aware that I can’t assess another’s well-being- especially at a distance of reading an anonymous co-poster’s opinion of how the children look on social media. If the children were to read this (Don’t! Take it from my own kids- I’m a clueless boomer!) they will likely feel that I don’t get it. Because they are right- I don’t know them, or what life is like for them right now.

If these 5 innocents who lost their parents are feeling fine now, that is great. If it is not as simple as fine, ok. There are ways to handle that. I do believe that if they are suffering now, it will not be forever.

MOO.

Last edited:
MT sure is privileged, travels to different states and pretends she does not understand English yet was born, works or worked here. If that monitor comes off, she is gone. I bet it does not even work in Florida. She probably will not be in a court room for her trial. The longer it is postponed the more she hopes people will forget or the trial will disappear. MOO

MT sure is privileged, travels to different states and pretends she does not understand English yet was born, works or worked here. If that monitor comes off, she is gone. I bet it does not even work in Florida. She probably will not be in a court room for her trial. The longer it is postponed the more she hopes people will forget or the trial will disappear. MOO

I don’t know whether or not it works, but at least she still has to wear it (imagine how uncomfortable it must be). Plus-she is required to charge it when the battery is low. It must work in some capacity, or else someone in LE would say “she hasn’t charged it in a while-what’s she doing?”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd