Still Missing CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #54

Status
Not open for further replies.
Michelle Troconis' arrest warrant, if anyone is unfamiliar with MT's actions around the time of Jennifer's disappearance:

Jennifer Dulos Case: Read the Full Michelle Troconis Arrest Warrant
I recall part of MT's defense was going to be that she didn't know what Fotis was disposing of in those trash cans in Hartford, that she assumed it was trash from a building site--and that was what Fotis was claiming too, as I recall. Trash from building site, not bloody items, including Jennifer's clothing, with her DNA on it. (And if LE found that there, it was coincidence) But after Fotis's death, Norm Pattis, in trying to keep his defense of the case against Fotis alive, (so Norm could keep earning the retainer Fotis gave him IMO) argued to the court that Fotis was framed and found the bloody evidence on his back porch--essentially Admitting that Fotis was disposing of the bloody evidence with Jennifer's DNA on it, and not trash from a building site. And essentially IMO Norm screwed up MT's defense that she didn't know what Fotis was disposing of.

I recall part of MT's defense was going to be that she didn't know what Fotis was disposing of in those trash cans in Hartford, that she assumed it was trash from a building site--and that was what Fotis was claiming too, as I recall. Trash from building site, not bloody items, including Jennifer's clothing, with her DNA on it. (And if LE found that there, it was coincidence) But after Fotis's death, Norm Pattis, in trying to keep his defense of the case against Fotis alive, (so Norm could keep earning the retainer Fotis gave him IMO) argued to the court that Fotis was framed and found the bloody evidence on his back porch--essentially Admitting that Fotis was disposing of the bloody evidence with Jennifer's DNA on it, and not trash from a building site. And essentially IMO Norm screwed up MT's defense that she didn't know what Fotis was disposing of.

Here's a quote from the Hartford Courtant dated March 3, 2020 in which Pattis refers to "the witness" who knew about the bloody clothing...No one else except Michi had been with FD at the 4 Jefferson Crossing home that afternoon, unless FD was planning to frame his assistant worker.

Pattis’ revelation about the bloody clothes was something Dulos himself had said his attorney would discuss in a note police found after Dulos tried to kill himself in the garage of his Farmington home on Jan. 28.

“The state will not rest until I rot in jail,” Dulos wrote in the note, dated Jan. 28. “My attorney can explain what happened with the bags on Albany Avenue. Everything else is a story fabricated by the law enforcement."

Pattis said another key witness in the case, who he didn’t name in court, was with Dulos when he discovered the bloody items. He said that Dulos was prepared to testify at trial about finding the clothes on the porch and that he planned to raise questions about the possible involvement of the witness.
Defense attorney: Fotis Dulos found piles of bloody clothes at his home the day his estranged wife disappeared. Revelations come as judge agrees to drop murder charges against Dulos.

@pernickety , you're brilliant!!!

Isn't Pernickety the best at finding the stuff we might forget! Absolutely brillant....

Michelle Troconis' arrest warrant, if anyone is unfamiliar with MT's actions around the time of Jennifer's disappearance:

Jennifer Dulos Case: Read the Full Michelle Troconis Arrest Warrant
Here's a quote from the Hartford Courtant dated March 3, 2020 in which Pattis refers to "the witness" who knew about the bloody clothing...No one else except Michi had been with FD at the 4 Jefferson Crossing home that afternoon, unless FD was planning to frame his assistant worker.

Pattis’ revelation about the bloody clothes was something Dulos himself had said his attorney would discuss in a note police found after Dulos tried to kill himself in the garage of his Farmington home on Jan. 28.

“The state will not rest until I rot in jail,” Dulos wrote in the note, dated Jan. 28. “My attorney can explain what happened with the bags on Albany Avenue. Everything else is a story fabricated by the law enforcement."

Pattis said another key witness in the case, who he didn’t name in court, was with Dulos when he discovered the bloody items. He said that Dulos was prepared to testify at trial about finding the clothes on the porch and that he planned to raise questions about the possible involvement of the witness.
Defense attorney: Fotis Dulos found piles of bloody clothes at his home the day his estranged wife disappeared. Revelations come as judge agrees to drop murder charges against Dulos.

Isn't Pernickety the best at finding the stuff we might forget! Absolutely brillant....

Aw shucks, thnx. But—Fotis died in Jan., JS got MT’s case in Feb ., and in March NP gave the court his (and/or FD’s) story that FD was framed by someone who left the bloody evidence on his porch. Is it possible NP and JS agreed on that story and MT might be prepared to tell it herself? Maybe the prosecutor will call NP as a witness as to what FD told him. Objection—hearsay?

Also noticed something interesting in JS’s objection to (AG’s) motion to dismiss his case against court reporter for not giving him that transcript—JS said that "counsel for the plaintiff in the divorce action" objected to the court’s sealing Dr. H’s testimony. (I had to read that twice) The plaintiff in the divorce case was Jennifer. If her counsel objected to the sealing of Dr. H’s testimony about the report, as well as the report itself, I thought there couldn’t be anything harmful to Jennifer in it. But then I thought it must’ve been that his testimony on the stand was being strongly impeached by Jennifer’s counsel, because why else would he walk off the stand and refuse to testify further? JS probably only learned that JFD’s counsel objected to the sealing After he filed his action against the court reporter, bc at first she claimed that the whole hearing was under seal, and then later corrected that and said it was only Dr. H’s testimony that was sealed—and then she gave JS a transcript of the part of the hearing that wasn’t sealed. Which must’ve contained JFD’s counsel’s objection. If anyone wants to look it up, it’s Schoenhorn v. Melodie Moss. And Happy Thanksgiving to all!

I saw LA’s Thanksgiving posts. The kids got so big! Can’t believe the difference 2 years make. They all look happy. I guess they are doing as well as can be expected. So does GF. Glad to see them all together and smiling. Hopefully they are all slowly healing.
ETA: Then there’s MT sporting a funky skirt. But then again she’s still sporting the same anklet.

Just Received the Following Reminder:

This notification is brought to you by the Connecticut Statewide Automated Victim Information and Notification (SAVIN) Program.

This email is to inform you that MICHELLE TROCONIS, with docket number FST CR200241178T, has an upcoming court event.

A/An Hearing has been scheduled for 12/03/2021. This will take place in Stamford-Norwalk JD Courthouse located at the following address: 123 Hoyt Street, Stamford, CT.

Please be aware that there is often more than one case scheduled for a particular date in this court. Please visit www.jud.ct.gov to check for any updates that may be available on this case.

For more information, contact the Office of Victim Services at 1-800-822-8428. For updates about this case or for driving directions to the courthouse, you can visit www.jud.ct.gov.

This notification is sponsored by the Connecticut SAVIN Program. It is our hope that this information has been helpful to you.

Thank you,

The Connecticut SAVIN Program

Edited to add: However, the CT Court Case Lookup still has the date as December 2nd. Who knows....

Just Received the Following Reminder:

This notification is brought to you by the Connecticut Statewide Automated Victim Information and Notification (SAVIN) Program.

This email is to inform you that MICHELLE TROCONIS, with docket number FST CR200241178T, has an upcoming court event.

A/An Hearing has been scheduled for 12/03/2021. This will take place in Stamford-Norwalk JD Courthouse located at the following address: 123 Hoyt Street, Stamford, CT.

Please be aware that there is often more than one case scheduled for a particular date in this court. Please visit www.jud.ct.gov to check for any updates that may be available on this case.

For more information, contact the Office of Victim Services at 1-800-822-8428. For updates about this case or for driving directions to the courthouse, you can visit www.jud.ct.gov.

This notification is sponsored by the Connecticut SAVIN Program. It is our hope that this information has been helpful to you.

Thank you,

The Connecticut SAVIN Program

Edited to add: However, the CT Court Case Lookup still has the date as December 2nd. Who knows....

Oh how comforting it is to read those words:
“Michelle Troconis…has an upcoming court event.”

@Tink56 - maybe both days for hearings?

I take it case #FST-CR19-0167364-T & #FST-CR19-0148553-T will also be on 12/3 instead of 12/2? The one you posted is regarding charge of conspiracy to commit murder. The one scheduled for 12/2 was a Franks hearing - A Franks hearing is a proceeding before a judge where a defendant contests the veracity for a search warrant.

Just trying to keep my notes updated! TIA!
vil-hello2.gif

@Tink56 - maybe both days for hearings?

I take it case #FST-CR19-0167364-T & #FST-CR19-0148553-T will also be on 12/3 instead of 12/2? The one you posted is regarding charge of conspiracy to commit murder. The one scheduled for 12/2 was a Franks hearing - A Franks hearing is a proceeding before a judge where a defendant contests the veracity for a search warrant.

Just trying to keep my notes updated! TIA!
vil-hello2.gif

EDITED TO FIX DATES....I THINK!
You're correct as usual, but I can't find the Franks hearing listed anywhere on the CT Court Case Lookup....Schoenhorn's antics have disrupted the computer system...HA!

So, as of now, the Franks hearing is the THIRD, and the regular pre-trial hearing on the other charges remains the THIRD, ALSO. SMH....Thanks for the clarification.

Last edited:
EDITED TO FIX DATES....I THINK!
You're correct as usual, but I can't find the Franks hearing listed anywhere on the CT Court Case Lookup....Schoenhorn's antics have disrupted the computer system...HA!

So, as of now, the Franks hearing is the THIRD, and the regular pre-trial hearing on the other charges remains the THIRD, ALSO. SMH....Thanks for the clarification.

Okay - gotcha! Thanks for clarifying!
pancoucou.gif

edited - okay - hate to ask... what "time" does it start? I have 9am....

I saw LA’s Thanksgiving posts. The kids got so big! Can’t believe the difference 2 years make. They all look happy. I guess they are doing as well as can be expected. So does GF. Glad to see them all together and smiling. Hopefully they are all slowly healing.
ETA: Then there’s MT sporting a funky skirt. But then again she’s still sporting the same anklet.
About that skirt... there's a white emu somewhere missing its midsection.

Tuesday, November 30th:
*Pretrial Hearing-Remote (Violation & Assault charges) (@ 2pm ET) – CT – Jennifer Rebecca Farber Dulos (50) (May 24, 2019, New Canaan) – for *Kent D. Mawhinney (54/now 56) arrested & charged (1/7/20) & arraigned (2/20/20) with conspiracy to commit murder. Plead not guilty. Held on $2M bond. Bond reduced (10/7/20) to $246K. Bond posted (10/19/20).
Court info from 1/7/20 thru 4/22/21 reference post #407 here:
Still Missing - CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #54

5/18/21 Update: Mawhinney hearing underway. His attorneys are seeking changes to his bond release. Currently on GPS ankle monitoring & cannot leave the state without permission. Attorneys say there have been no issues since he was released on bond 7 months ago. They’re asking for his GPS ankle monitor to be removed. Attorneys say he has no income since his arrest. But now has the chance to referee adult hockey games. The problem is the ankle bracelet doesn’t allow him to wear skates. Attorneys estimate he could make up to $1000 a week if he can referee hockey. Willing to provide pay stubs to prove this. Attorney brings up that the judge denied the same request from co-defendant Troconis. Says this is different because of Mawhinney’s strong ties to CT & there’s no economic need. Judge Blawie says he’s reluctant to remove the anklet but doesn’t want to prevent him from making a living. Asks if there’s any way to modify skate to allow it to happen. Mawhinney’s motion to remove GPS ankle monitor is denied. Next for murder charge status conference set for 7/27/21.
7/27/21 Update: Pretrial hearing rescheduled to 9/14/21. 7/28/21 Update: Pretrial hearing rescheduled to 9/23/21. 9/23/21 Update: Pretrial hearing was rescheduled to 11/17/21. 11/11/21 Update: Pretrial hearing was rescheduled to 1/18/22.

*Charged (1/21/19) spousal sexual assault, disorderly conduct & 2nd degree unlawful restraint & on June 26, 2019 with violating of a protective order. Plead not guilty. $500 bond for each count.
*Divorce case - 11/6/20: Uncontested dissolution of divorce granted.
If bond made – on house arrest, surrender passport & no contact with co-defendants. Dulos’ former civil lawyer who represented Dulos against a $2.5 million civil lawsuit filed by his mother-in-law.

Court info from 2/14/20 thru 4/22/21 reference post #407 here:
Still Missing - CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #54

4/26/21 Update: Divorce: Violation: Awaiting disposition of case. Next remote hearing on 6/30/21. Assault: Remote hearing on 6/30/21.
6/30/21 Update: Divorce: Violation & Assault: next status conference hearing on 7/27/21 via remote. 7/27/21 Update: Violation charge awaiting disposition & assault charges will be a remote pretrial hearings rescheduled to 11/30/21.
*Michelle C. Tronconis (44/now 46) – Pretrial & Franks hearing set for 12/2/21.
*Fotis Dulos (52) – Committed suicide on 1/28/20 & declared dead at 5:32pm on 1/30/20. 3/3/20: Charges dismissed. The case against Dulos will be officially dismissed in about a year, unless the state decides to reopen it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie