Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well. I would just leave it as she doesn't look like she's had a pampered life.

She is reported to have worked in UAE ( or Dubai?) as a horse trainer, as well as very active in water skiing. Likely also in Argentia. Horse training is a rough, tough business. There can be an awful lot of shady stuff that goes on when money is involved. This isn't generally the place for a woman who needs lots of spa visits and regular manicures.

It's interesting that his GF does not appear to be a woman of means. I might have expected he would go after a more affluent target.
Personally, I've thought that her history appears to me to be a
young woman who sought out men with money.
Her daughter's father's family owned a ski resort in Argentina.
She moved to Dubai ($$$$) to work with a horse therapy business, and then she hooks up with Mr. Fake Moneypants.
She was out sniffing for money. moo.

Unfortunately, zero. We've seen cases like this before and it never changes.
I totally agree!
I worked 35+ yrs in psych and saw a lot of domestic violence cases, child abuse cases, child custody cases.

During that time, unfortunately, very little changes in Connecticut’s legal and court systems have been made. :(

I'm a foster mom and when the kids I foster see their birth parents, it's the County that's responsible for supervising the visits. Maybe given the problems in this case, there was a county preventive (or even CPS) case opened and caseworkers had to supervise. Or, maybe an approved family member.

Who is it that supervises these visits, when he sees the children for 6 or 7 hours at a time? A social worker? Does he have to pay the person who supervises? Just curious to know how it works.
Yes, he would have to pay, probably a young new attorney- 75-$150 per hour. I'm sure that frosted his butt.

Well. I would just leave it as she doesn't look like she's had a pampered life.

She is reported to have worked in UAE ( or Dubai?) as a horse trainer, as well as very active in water skiing. Likely also in Argentina. Horse training is a rough, tough business. There can be an awful lot of shady stuff that goes on when money is involved. This isn't generally the place for a woman who needs lots of spa visits and regular manicures.

It's interesting that his GF does not appear to be a woman of means. I might have expected he would go after a more affluent target.

She worked with him so maybe it was opportunism - zooming your employee. Or maybe she joined the firm after. It was definitely not a step up - but maybe he got more awe and wonder off her. I see the company used pictures of both one of his sons and her daughter in their publicity.

Do we know what was in Avon? Another of his houses or mistress family or friend? Curious if they were trying to hide.
Avon has never been mentioned. It's right next to Farmington. I wonder what time they were arrested? He did build some houses in Avon. What chilled me is that they were out on their own wondering what was to come. Then , BAM, arrested!

Charges:
2011 Connecticut Code
Title 53a Penal Code
Chapter 952 Penal Code: Offenses
Sec. 53a-165aa. Hindering prosecution in the first degree: Class C felony.
Sec. 53a-165aa. Hindering prosecution in the first degree: Class C felony. (a) A person is guilty of hindering prosecution in the first degree when such person renders criminal assistance to another person who has committed a class A or B felony or an unclassified felony for which the maximum penalty is imprisonment for more than ten years and such other person committed such felony with intent to intimidate or coerce the civilian population or a unit of government.

(b) Hindering prosecution in the first degree is a class C felony and any person found guilty under this section shall be sentenced to a term of imprisonment of which five years of the sentence imposed may not be suspended or reduced by the court.

(P.A. 02-97, S. 3.)

Avon has never been mentioned. It's right next to Farmington. I wonder what time they were arrested? He did build some houses in Avon. What chilled me is that they were out on their own wondering what was to come. Then , BAM, arrested!
Looks like they were staying at the Marriott as they most likely couldn't go into any of the houses.

But why only 500,000 bond? I guess not murder then. Odd.

Don’t they still have to pony up $50,000 to get out of jail? He says he is destitute, so he doesn’t have it, and I doubt she does. I guess one of the houses he ows could be collateral, unless there are contractor’s liens on them already; plus JD’s mother is suing him for around $2mil. I am not sure he really has any collateral to get a 10% bond from a bail bondsman. My question is why is the girlfriend in the New Canaan lockup? What was she doing down there? I haven’t heard of any connection she might have in New Canaan. Maybe she cleaned up the blood in Jennifer’s house?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288