Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by doodles1211, May 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Ain’t the Ones Beneath the Bed

The fact that he is already in custody, and that law enforcement is searching very specific areas, makes me think that this whole thing was sloppy.

Couple that with the timing of the whole thing (daytime, small time window), and I’m leaning more towards a crime of passion.

That would mean no burner phone.

We’ll see.

8paws, sassyblue, Kapua and 13 others like this.
  2. afitzy

afitzy Well-Known Member

8paws, sassyblue, Laughing and 9 others like this.
  3. LetJusticePrevail

LetJusticePrevail Well-Known Member

Very sorry if this has been confirmed elsewhere in this thread but I’m a bit under the weather and am just trying to quickly confirm if there is a place I can easily access all public court docs from the divorce proceedings? I’d like to get a better sense for who these people were. Thanks in advance.

peace9274, Sconnie and afitzy like this.
  4. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

And once the FIL was deceased, FD didn't have to play the good son-in-law anymore in order to secure funding. He could make JD's life miserable and carry on openly with his girlfriend (imo). I don't think he would've acted this way before JD's dad died - because he wanted to keep FIL's money flowing to him.

My opinion only. Doesn't have to match opinion of others.

5. clearskies1

clearskies1 Well-Known Member

I'm thinking it was planned. Very little window in her life to catch her alone, not in the presence of her children. Someone may have followed her home after she dropped the children at school.

6. MassGuy

I’m open to both possibilities.

If this was planned though, then he is spectacularly stupid.

You cannot commit a crime like this in the daytime, and not leave a massive trail of breadcrumbs.

8paws, sassyblue, Kapua and 18 others like this.
  7. afitzy

afitzy Well-Known Member

The short answer is no, not viewable online. For anyone interested in viewing the court docket, go to www.jud.ct.gov; this is a Family law case in Stamford, CT; docket number FST-FA17-5016797-S. Input either the case number or Dulos, Jennifer; or Dulos, Fotis. A new hearing in the case is scheduled for June 5, 2019.

If you want to read though you have to go to court file room and request the information. Its a process unfortunately. Also, a number of the documents are sealed and cannot be viewed.

Kapua, sassyblue, Laughing and 10 others like this.
  8. Sherlockhemlock

Sherlockhemlock Well-Known Member

I'm still not buying the hitman angle. Hitmen don't clean up or hide bodies. They make it look random, like a robbery or carjacking. I did wonder about the life insurance though, it wouldn't be the first time a man took one out, or possibly even had one left from when they were married? Esp if her family was a major source of income. JMO

Kapua, sassyblue, Cortne and 9 others like this.
  9. Inthedetails

Love this!

jmo

10. Inthedetails

Or was in the house waiting for her?

IDK.

jmo

8paws, sassyblue, AnnaGrace and 10 others like this.
  11. citygirl

citygirl Well-Known Member

From the article:
    “sickening revenge fantasies” against those who crossed him, Jennifer claimed in her divorce petition.

Very telling. I believe her words are true.
    MOO.

8paws, sassyblue, kimpage and 14 others like this.
  12. MassGuy

And he’s been charged with tampering with physical evidence.

You don’t hire a hitman (the purpose of which is to mask your connection to the crime), and then put yourself right at the crime scene.

That defeats the purpose.

8paws, Kapua, sassyblue and 12 others like this.
  13. clearskies1

Yes, was thinking that as well. Somehow the person got in and was waiting...

14. LetJusticePrevail

LetJusticePrevail Well-Known Member

Thank you afitzy! I’ve gone to the ct.gov page specific to their divorce but saw docs are not available so was wondering if we had what has been made avail somewhere central. Appreciate your confirming and sharing process to get. Thank you again!

15. MassGuy

I’m convinced that was the case.

She returned from dropping her kids off at school, and was confronted by a waiting killer.

8paws, Flurries, Tora Gahan and 18 others like this.
  16. SuperTmo

SuperTmo Well-Known Member

He could have forged her name or it was one he had from when they were together. Heck, the more I think about itx maybe they both have life insurance to care for the kids in the event of one or both of them passing away.

In my state insurance policies cannot be cancelled or changed except to increase coverage during divorce proceedings, no matter the sort of insurance, so it may be that he knew she had a huge policy because they signed up together.

A fat life insurance payout would surely solve a lot of his financial issues.

17. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

In some states like mine assets are frozen at filing of divorce - he may not have any access to legitimate money which leaves the possibility of him using an attorney to get to his $ he possibly was hiding IMO

8paws, sassyblue, Laughing and 5 others like this.
  18. clearskies1

I see three possibilities: After the school drop off someone was in the house, or used a ruse to get in the house when she was there, or forced her into the house from the drive way.

Flurries, Tora Gahan, Cortne and 5 others like this.
  19. afitzy

afitzy Well-Known Member

Haven't been to the CT site since last week. Wonder if they took it down when all the press started swarming the case. Some of the press have put up redacted documents but not in any volume unfortunately. Personally for the sake of the children I'm not sure the press putting these documents out on the internet is the best idea. But JMO.

20. citygirl

citygirl Well-Known Member

Could this have been the one day she was in a hurry and didn't set the alarm? Or was she in the house when the perp snuck in? Did he have a key?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.