CT CT - Ledyard, WhtFem UP8909, 18-30, JNHS 1917 Class Ring, May'74

Discussion in 'The Unidentified' started by CarlK90245, Jul 4, 2012.

1. fred&edna

fred&edna Well-Known Member

In the movie I mentioned previously, Don Johnson plays the part of Gerard (the Frenchman) Ouimette... John Ouimette's brother. Munson is still alive... I wonder if she met our UID, or more likely she met Rainello/Civitelli.

dotr likes this.

2. papijoe2002

papijoe2002 Well-Known Member

One of her killers is in Jail in Rhode Island still

dotr and fred&edna like this.
  3. fred&edna

I thought he had been released... DeFreitas, that is.

Thought I'd traced him to possibly be living in Iowa near a daughter. But, I could be wrong. It's been awhile since I was looking for that info.

Skigirl and dotr like this.
  4. fred&edna

Or maybe I'd traced DeFreitas to Idaho... lol, they both start with "I".

Will try to research that again in the next few weeks.

Skigirl, dotr and BRS like this.
  5. BRS

BRS Well-Known Member

Bumping.

Attached Files:

MaryG12, moslym3, madamx and 4 others like this.
  6. sam spade

sam spade Former Member

Please forgive me if this has been posted already but looking at the inside inscription, it actually looks like, "F to N". Just me? Thanks and it's good to be back on here!

fred&edna, BRS, annemc2 and 1 other person like this.
  7. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Welcome back, good to "see" you!

sam spade and fred&edna like this.
  8. sam spade

sam spade Former Member

Thanks, dotr! :)

dotr likes this.
  9. BRS

BRS Well-Known Member

I wondered that as well.. could be a J, and I, and F or even a P.

ETA: oh! & yes, possibly to the “to” as well!

10. R. Towle

R. Towle It is not the length of life, but depth of life.

Spent all day falling farther and farther down this rabbit hole, so much information known apart from this poor girls identity.

I had a thought maybe ten pages or so back about the phone records. It was mentioned that CM Fox owned/ran a bowling hall and a bar (I think it was a bar) anyway, my point being from a few of the ads posted for his venues, is that he hired live singers and attractive waitresses. Now a couple of the calls were made to talent agencies. What if our UID originally came into the picture through one of those agencies, maybe she was on the books with an agency and CM Fox hired her to sing/perform in his bar?
    This maybe a long shot but I wonder if there is anyway of getting a list of names of women that were signed up to these agencies for say between 1965-1970. Then we can sleuth those names to see if any of them went missing around this time. It could be that GLC met our lady at CM Fox' bar or bowling hall.
    The ring, now this one is definitely a puzzle, someone mentioned it being a class ring, possibly with origins in the UK. As a resident of the UK I can say that we don't have class rings, in fact we didn't have Proms until maybe five years ago. Not all schools or all years do year books either.
    It does look similar to a signet ring but I'm not convinced and it doesn't seem like the type of jewelry a lady would wear.
    I think (if its allowed) our best bet might be to find someone who had contact with her and is still alive to ask the outright about her. Maybe back in the day they weren't willing to talk but now might well be a different matter altogether.
    Just My Own Opinion...

karmaseeker, Skigirl, dotr and 3 others like this.
  11. fred&edna

Always happy to see a post on this thread, and good thinking @R. Towle ! Sadly, I feel as if time is running out to locate anyone who might remember the girls at the music hall. I did track down some info on a lady who made costumes/dresses for dancers... maybe it was the wife of CM Fox (IIRC).

Some time ago I reached out to the owner of this little blog... hoping he'd mention this case and try to help, but he declined. I'm not sure there is much traffic on the site now, so I'm not sure it matters.

TOM GLOVER'S HAMILTON LIBRARY SCRAPBOOK: LOCAL HISTORY WITH A PERSONAL TOUCH.: 1941: GRAND OPENING OF THE WHITE HORSE BOWLING ACADEMY

I'd be happy to help you in your efforts, I'm just not sure where to begin.

Skigirl, dotr, Laughing and 1 other person like this.
  12. R. Towle

R. Towle It is not the length of life, but depth of life.

To be honest fred&edna, I've never myself sleuthed as I don't know where to start. I've tried using Namus and other sources but never seem to get far. I do however read an entire thread no matter how many pages and sometimes I might have a thought that might help other sleuthers in another direction.
    I am going to look more into the ring, it may be a completely moot object unrelated to our UID however even if it isn't related to our UID and we know for sure then we can move on, until then it's always going to be a 'what if' point. Hope all that makes sense...

Skigirl, karmaseeker, dotr and 3 others like this.
  13. fred&edna

It all makes sense :) Good luck and please share any info! I've always wanted this UID identified, and I only wish LE felt the same.

dotr and Laughing like this.
  14. Samk2

Samk2 Member

dotr likes this.
  15. Skigirl

Skigirl Verified expert in neuroscience

I stumbled on a recently resolved UID case involving a Vermont man who was shot to death in New Hampshire and found by the side of the road on August 7, 1969, and not identified until this year. His name was Winston Richard Morris.

On looking into the case a little more, I learned that he'd been incarcerated in Vermont AND had escaped earlier in the decade. It reminded me of this crew (unless escaping was something that everyone did back then....????).

Timeline leading up to his death:
    - Vermont State Prison on May 9, 1969;
    - Spent time in Boston, Massachusetts in June, 1969;
    - Spent time in Glastonbury, Connecticut in July, 1969;
    - Last seen in Burlington, Vermont on July 25, 1969; and
    - Found deceased in Salem, New Hampshire on August 7, 1969.

I just wondered if perhaps he was connected to this cast of characters, and perhaps, if he was a victim of one of them. I've been trying to find information about when he was incarcerated and why, and I found a snippet of a newspaper article saying that he had escaped from Vermont State Prison Farm when he was age 28 with John Casper (age 31). He was found dead when he was 30 years old, so I guess his escape would have been 1967.

Here's his websleuths thread: Identified! - NH - Salem, WhtMale 1716UMNH, 20-30, in ditch off I-93, rod in femur, Aug'69 *Winston Richard Morris

dotr and fred&edna like this.
  16. q64ceo

q64ceo Active Member

It appears someone already suggested this back in 2016. But perhaps it should be brought to the forefront.

Sylvia Torgow

Nickname/Alias: Yvonne Bauldrey, Sylvia Campbell, Vickie Boyle, JOyce Boyle, Lara Foster, Lora Foster, Lorrie Lorry, Vivian Boyle

Circumstances of Disappearance: Sylvia Torgow escaped from the Huron Valley Women's Prison in 1970. She is originally from Florida.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

What caught my eye was one of her aliases "Lorrie".

17. q64ceo

q64ceo Active Member

After a lotta Googling, I found (another) ring that looks just like JNHS. This one has the creators information on the back.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Can anyone make out which jeweler this comes from?

18. fred&edna

Could be:

Havens & Co
    17 Thompson St. New York NY

Havens & Co. | Antique Jewelry University

Keane, annemc2, BethAnn777 and 2 others like this.
  19. q64ceo

q64ceo Active Member

Please delete this message

20. q64ceo

q64ceo Active Member

"Jacksonville Normal High School"

Some hits in the 20s on Google

Nothing recent at all

dotr likes this.