Found Deceased CT - Lizzbeth Aleman Popoco, 27, East Haven, night of 30 June 2020

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Darling136, Jul 14, 2020.

1. sds71

sds71 Well-Known Member

@LissetteNunezTV
    Sad update. Police confirm body found behind Branford restaurant is missing mother Lizzbeth Aleman-Popoca. Owner of the restaurant says the victim's husband, Jonathan Jara, worked there for 7 years. Jara hadn't shown up for work since last week.

kelsie, realanastasia, LadyL and 3 others like this.

2. Stopthehate

Stopthehate Well-Known Member

I feel so sorry for her family. Her sister and dad look heartbroken. If Jara did this, that poor little girl lost both parents. RIP Lizzbeth

3. Dnp2be

Dnp2be Well-Known Member

I hear that, I’m one of the lucky ones myself but I don’t doubt for a second if my guardian angels weren’t looking over my daughter and I that day that I wouldn’t be reading about the unfortunate women who aren’t so lucky. My heart is heavy for her loved ones.

4. Alkali13

Alkali13 Wannabe Criminalist

While dumb, I guess that makes sense, although I read JJ only went to work once since LAP's disappearance. I guess you never know how you'll react in a circumstance like this.

5. Stopthehate

Stopthehate Well-Known Member

God bless you ❤️

6. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

Another mother gone and a beautiful life lost - when will this stop?
    JMO

Snoopster, peace9274, Kori17 and 5 others like this.
  7. Cloudydiamond

Cloudydiamond Well-Known Member

Patiently waiting for an arrest.

Dnp2be and sds71 like this.
  8. Cloudydiamond

9. joypath

joypath Well-Known Member

Reporter's publication of a quote from Lizzbeth's dad, family assumption is that he ( Jonnathan X. Jara-Aucapina) is the perpetrator. No further information has/will be released at this time. Translation: covering all "bases", waiting on toxicology and more. N. B. remember that temp & humidity have been high in the region ('nuf said)

10. Coffiecat

Coffiecat Well-Known Member

The Google Earth view shows the dumpster in clear sight from a bank camera that was aimed at the main road entrance. Hoping

11. Snoopster

Snoopster Well-Known Member

I just wanted to post a photo of this young mother lost to the world. She deserves at least that.

[​IMG]

Rest in peace Lizzbeth.
    :rose:

12. Cloudydiamond

Just a matter of days..

Snoopster likes this.
  13. keminoak

keminoak Member

I don't think the husband has been found. Just did a quick search to see if there's an update. Nothing. I live in the area. My brother lives a mile from the restaurant she was found. Hopefully they find the husband but this lost media attention fast. :-(

Trinitee and TGIRecovered like this.
  14. AliceDunn

AliceDunn Member

Did some searching around today for any updates on this case and sadly did not find anything new from LE or MSM directly. No arrests or suspects named as of yet.

That being said, there's this thoughtful article from a local arts and culture community group in New Haven. Family, friends, activists and neighbors gathered to stand against violence against women and bring attention to Lizzbeth's death.

I've pulled two quotes from the article. The first paragraph is a quote paraphrasing a statement from Lizzbeth's sister, Yane, and the last two paragraphs are a brief memo provided by LE.

The Arts Council of Greater New Haven
    Caravan Calls For "Justice For Lizzbeth"

Lucy Gellman | August 16th, 2020

"In early July, she said her sister’s husband lied to the family about Alemán-Popoca’s whereabouts, saying that she had run away to Mexico. Alemán pushed back: she had found out that her sister’s car was still in East Haven, as were all of her belongings."

"Capt. Joseph Murgo, public information officer with the East Haven Police Department, said...the department is still waiting on a final cause of death from the Connecticut Office of Chief Medical Examiner and that the department has made 'significant progress' since July 16.

'This is an extremely complex case with help from multiple agencies including the New Haven FBI and State Police Central District Major crime squad,' he wrote in an email Sunday evening. 'We are confident that Lizzbeth and her family will get the justice that she and all domestic violence victims deserve but we can’t jeopardize the thoroughness of the investigation for the sake of expeditiousness.'”

Last edited: Aug 29, 2020
    Trinitee, Darling136 and sds71 like this.
  15. sds71

sds71 Well-Known Member

16. joypath

joypath Well-Known Member

Able to release COD: Asphyxia, MOD: homicide, East Haven & CSP continue investigation. (insider hint: POI remains under direct observation).

AliceDunn and Coffiecat like this.
  17. sds71

sds71 Well-Known Member

@DavePuglisiTV
    “Justice for Lizzbeth”. Family and friends still calling for action four months later. The 27-yo mother was found murdered and buried behind LoMonaco's Ristorante in Branford. No arrests have been made.
    [​IMG]

18. sds71

sds71 Well-Known Member

@DavePuglisiTV

Family and friends of Lizzbeth Aleman-Popoca are gathering to celebrate her life during a Day of the Dead celebration. The 27 yo mother was found murdered and buried in a shallow grave in July. No one has been arrested for her murder.
    Lizzbeth’s sister Yaneth (left) holds this banner. She is taking care of Lizzbeth’s daughter. She never thought she’d be celebrating her beloved sisters memory this holiday.

Attached Files:

Cloudydiamond and joypath like this.
  19. CastlesBurning

CastlesBurning Well-Known Member

20. Cloudydiamond