CT - Man kills masked intruder, learns it’s his son, New Fairfield

Discussion in 'Crimes-Spotlight on Children' started by ~n/t~, Sep 28, 2012.

1. ~n/t~

~n/t~ New Member

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/article/1263639--man-kills-masked-intruder-learns-it-s-his-son

:what:

2. Loading...

3. gngr~snap

gngr~snap Verified Professional Pediatric Nurse

oh~snap! :(

4. ATasteOfHoney

ATasteOfHoney Active Member

What a horrible scenario! The guilt and sorrow the father must be feeling has got to be horrendous!
    Prayers going out to the family.

(That is such a nice neighborhood area in CT too).

5. ~n/t~

~n/t~ New Member

:sigh:

http://www.*************/346417/man-kills-masked-teen-burglar-learns-its-his-son/

It appears the kid was up to no good but so sad for his father and I'm assuming his aunt. Why would he want to break into his aunt's house. :(

6. ~n/t~

~n/t~ New Member

7. bogeygal

bogeygal Registered User

This is such a tragedy for this family. It's heartbreaking. Wish he wasn't wearing a mask, (therefore the father not seeing his face), and maybe he couldn't be heard through the mask. Saying prayers for the father and family!

8. ~n/t~

~n/t~ New Member

Tyler went after his dad with the weapon he was carrying. Just heartbreaking for dad.

9. Tawny

Tawny Bye

Ugh what a tragedy! What were you DOING kid?!?

10. laura08

laura08 New Member

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...in-clutching-a-knife-police-article-1.1170560

The 15-year-old Connecticut boy killed by his father in a tragic case of mistaken identity died of “multiple gunshot wounds,” authorities said Friday.

Tyler Giuliano, wearing a black mask and clutching a knife, was apparently breaking into his aunt’s home next door when he was gunned down by his dad early Thursday.

Connecticut State Police spokesman Lt. J. Paul Vance said an autopsy revealed that Giuliano’s body was riddled with bullets. He would not say the number of times Tyler was shot, or where he was hit

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...-knife-police-article-1.1170560#ixzz27nwpE7W1

11. jjenny

jjenny Active Member

If this young man actually lunged at the father with a knife, I am not sure what mistaken identity has to do with any of it. Yes, I understand that father didn't know this was his son, but is the idea that he would have allowed this young man to lunge at him with a knife if he knew that was his son?

12. KALI

KALI Active Member

Obviously he was up to something very very bad.

Drug use ? Dungeon and Dragon player? Gang initiation? :maddening:

Hope we learn more....

UOTE=Tawny;8400054]Ugh what a tragedy! What were you DOING kid?!?[/QUOTE]

13. ATasteOfHoney

IIRC, I read somewhere that the father was just sitting next to the deceased and the still-masked body of the deceased "intruder" when LE took the mask off to reveal it was his son. It was not apparent if the father (a well-liked local school teacher) had already looked under the mask or if he knew right before the reveal.

Such a nightmare for all involved.

14. SoBeCzar

SoBeCzar New Member

I bet dad is questioning his decision to shoot.
    This kid was up to something very bad and I bet his family had no idea what it was.

15. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

I don't know. Something is off about this story. Either dad lied about the "masked intruder" lunging at him in a threatening manner so he could get away with shooting someone who scared him or kid was up to something horrible and the dad purposefully stopped him or...something else.

Wouldn't this kid, if playing around or even trying to rob his own aunt have said, "Dad, it's me! I'm just fooling around!" Once he saw his father approach with a gun?

16. jjenny

jjenny Active Member

The kid was allegedly dressed in black, wearing a mask, carrying a knife in the middle of the night. Sure sounds to me like he was up to no good.
    He might have had no desire to let his father know who he was.
    15 year olds are not necessarily harmless. One only has to read some of the threads on these boards.

17. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

But it's weird. Apparently the police say there is no sign this was a troubled kid: http://abcnews.go.com/US/police-masked-teen-killed-dad-knife/story?id=17349516#.UGY0FK74JWI (44 second in).

18. jjenny

jjenny Active Member

19. Nova

Nova New Member

That was the dad's perception, anyway. I think most of us would make the same assumption if confronted by a masked stranger holding a knife, so I'm not at all blaming the father.

But this is an odd story. I'm not sure we know what Tyler thought he was doing; or whether he meant to attack his father or merely brandished the knife, thinking his father would back off.

20. passionflower

passionflower Just 1 tip to find a killer

He was 11 when adopted, maybe absolutely no bonding to aunt and dad.
    Maybe he was troubled all along and the teacher dad 'ignored the signs'.
    KWIM???

21. ATasteOfHoney