CT - Michael Skakel & the murder of Martha Moxley, Greenwich, 1975 *Not Guilty*

Yeah, if I were Skakel, I'd want that tape suppressed, too, along with Martha's diary entries and her friends' testimony and all information relating to the golf club. I'd also be praying that the clothes the police found in the garbage at the house but that subsequently were lost in the evidence locker never, ever show up.

CNN Larry King Live with Martha's brother, John
March 2001

KING: She was killed under what kind of circumstances?

MOXLEY: It was, October 30th, mischief night, and she was out -- 15, you know, having a good time with a bunch friends.

KING: And was it a sexual crime?

MOXLEY: Umm, when she was found her pants were pulled down, so -- and it -- all indications are that it was a crime of passion. You know, she was beaten savagely. There was really overkill. And...

KING: So what do they make as the motive?

MOXLEY: Sexual frustration. Being turned off, being rejected. Being stoned, being drunk. Not being able to deal with it.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0103/11/lklw.00.html

New to this forum. I have been researching another unrelated case and I stumbled upon something odd. Thought I'd share. Here are some pictures of Martha Moxley:

combo1.jpg

The photos at either end are Martha. The photo in the middle... is that Martha? It was discovered in a storage locker rented by Rodney Alcala, the Dating Game serial killer who was active in NYC around the time Martha was killed. The photo was taken in a Greenwich Village nightclub. Greenwich CT is not far away.

More oddness. Here is the full photo.

combo3.jpg

If you look over the other woman’s shoulder, there is a man.

Here is the close-up along with an image of Rodney Alcala. Sure looks like that’s Rodney in the photo.

combo2.jpg

Pretty huge coincidence to have a serial killer standing behind a young woman who was later killed.

And one last thought to consider. If that is Martha and Rodney, and it’s a given that Rodney had the photo in his storage locker - who took the photo and gave it to him? Another person with similar interests to Rodney Alcala? Could Rodney Alcala have had an accomplice? Could any of this be related to Martha's murder?

I was just about to log off but I saw a post here and had to check it out. My brain is fried from following the Martin Place terrorist attack in Australia all night, but I'll come in tomorrow to check out the pictures.

And welcome to the forum MartyMo!

New to this forum. I have been researching another unrelated case and I stumbled upon something odd. Thought I'd share. Here are some pictures of Martha Moxley:

View attachment 65613

The photos at either end are Martha. The photo in the middle... is that Martha? It was discovered in a storage locker rented by Rodney Alcala, the Dating Game serial killer who was active in NYC around the time Martha was killed. The photo was taken in a Greenwich Village nightclub. Greenwich CT is not far away.

View attachment 65614

Here is the close-up along with an image of Rodney Alcala. Sure looks like that’s Rodney in the photo.

View attachment 65615

Pretty huge coincidence to have a serial killer standing behind a young woman who was later killed.

And one last thought to consider. If that is Martha and Rodney, and it’s a given that Rodney had the photo in his storage locker - who took the photo and gave it to him? Another person with similar interests to Rodney Alcala? Could Rodney Alcala have had an accomplice? Could any of this be related to Martha's murder?

I can see what you see as a resemblance, I don't think it's MM. Having seen many pictures of MM over the years, her face IMO had more "child" in it than the photo of that woman, above, who I would estimate is around 3-5 years older. Also, MM's hair was light blond, and the woman above looks like she has darker, warmer undertones.

I hear what you re saying. The hair does seem darker. But the entire nightclub appears to be lit with a ruddy hue, giving everything a kind of warmer glow.

Something else to consider, here is a police sketch of a man seen wandering around the neighborhood on the evening Martha was killed. I put it alongside a picture of Rodney Alcala.

pol1.jpg

I can see what you see as a resemblance, I don't think it's MM. Having seen many pictures of MM over the years, her face IMO had more "child" in it than the photo of that woman, above, who I would estimate is around 3-5 years older. Also, MM's hair was light blond, and the woman above looks like she has darker, warmer undertones.

Exactly my thoughts, Skigirl -- We have seen many pics of Martha, and the mouth and nose are not that similar, IMO, and MM's hair is not as thick & full, IMO.

Verrrrry interesting, however, MartyMo, and one more thang:

:Welcome1:

:drumroll::drumroll:

to

:websleuther:Websleuths,:websleuther:

:cheer::cheer:MartyMo:cheer::cheer:

We're glad you're with us!!

:thewave:

View attachment 65613

View attachment 65614

View attachment 65615

Why do they not have shirts on in a nightclub? Since the pictures were in RA's storage facility I'm not surprised that he is in the photo, but although it looks similar to Martha I don't believe it is her. I would be very surprised to find out she had been to nekkid nightclubs with older gentlemen. Not saying anything is impossible of course.

There was never any indication in any of her diaries that she had any interests other than normal high school boy crushes and interests. Just my opinion, of course.

Great sleuthing and way to think outside the box!

Every time something comes up in the media about the case, I fear it's going to be the news that her mother has died before the retrial. I really hope she lives to see justice for Martha.

I think that Mrs. Moxley has, in a way, seen justice (although not truly, or her daughter'd still be alive). Michael was finally convicted and inprisoned, and really, she is quite certain that he killed her daughter. While he may have a new trial coming (BS as far as I'm concerned), it isn't really because people think he was wrongfully convicted-Dorothy Moxley knows what happened, and if he is acquitted, knows it won't be because he's innocent-but because of the way that case was handled from the beginning, and because of his family connections. And...he could very well be convicted again

I think that Mrs. Moxley has, in a way, seen justice (although not truly, or her daughter'd still be alive). Michael was finally convicted and inprisoned, and really, she is quite certain that he killed her daughter. While he may have a new trial coming (BS as far as I'm concerned), it isn't really because people think he was wrongfully convicted-Dorothy Moxley knows what happened, and if he is acquitted, knows it won't be because he's innocent-but because of the way that case was handled from the beginning, and because of his family connections. And...he could very well be convicted again

Unfortunately, Mrs. Moxley doesn't consider MS's time served to be just or fair and in many interviews has expressed her anger and disappointment over his release. I hope she takes comfort knowing that Martha's brother will be here to see things through if she passes away before there is justice for Martha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just finished reading Dominick Dunne's article about it in Vanity Fair. I have to admit it was the first time I had heard about the case, but I have spent all night reading about it in more detail. The part that really stood out to me, that I haven't found being discussed elsewhere was this:

This past July, I was browsing in the Northshire bookshop in Manchester, Vermont. A very good-looking woman came up to me and told me she was from Greenwich. “I read Mark Fuhrman’s book and agree with every word,” she said. “My first husband lived very near the Skakels.” It turned out that I had gone to school with her first husband’s brother. “Do you think they’re going to get this guy?” she wanted to know. At the time, the judge’s ruling on whether the case would go to trial had still not come down. Then she said the most startling thing: “I know where the grip part of the golf club is.” “You do?,” I asked, stunned. “A lot of people in Greenwich know,” she said. “Are you going to tell me? It’s very important,” I said. “No,” she replied and left the store.

I'm surprised someone hasn't come forward, or there wasn't more of an investigation into where the missing part of the golf club with the grip was, if this woman claims herself and lots of other people know its location. I suppose there would no longer be any forensic evidence on it, but even the location of where it was hidden could provide some evidence in itself. I feel so horrified that people are purposely withholding evidence about this case.

I just finished reading Dominick Dunne's article about it in Vanity Fair. I have to admit it was the first time I had heard about the case, but I have spent all night reading about it in more detail. The part that really stood out to me, that I haven't found being discussed elsewhere was this:

I'm surprised someone hasn't come forward, or there wasn't more of an investigation into where the missing part of the golf club with the grip was, if this woman claims herself and lots of other people know its location. I suppose there would no longer be any forensic evidence on it, but even the location of where it was hidden could provide some evidence in itself. I feel so horrified that people are purposely withholding evidence about this case.

I can't believe people can be that cruel. Don't they realize that they are complicit if they in fact know something? I would think, esp by this time, that someone would tip LE.

I can't believe people can be that cruel. Don't they realize that they are complicit if they in fact know something? I would think, esp by this time, that someone would tip LE.

It's intriguing to think that the grip may still be around and may turn up someday, but my gut tells me that the grip was still in the hands of the killer -- who I firmly believe was someone in the Skakel household -- when he left the scene and was subsequently disposed-of, maybe in the ocean, which wasn't very far away.

Connecticut's highest court heard arguments Wednesday on whether Kennedy cousin Michael Skakel should get a new trial or be sent back to prison for a 1975 murder.

State prosecutors asked the state Supreme Court to reinstate the 2002 murder conviction against Skakel in the bludgeoning death of Martha Moxley when they were teenage neighbors in wealthy Greenwich.

Skakel, a nephew of Robert F. Kennedy's widow, Ethel, was freed on $1.2 million bail in 2013 when a lower court judge ordered a new trial after finding that Skakel's trial attorney failed to adequately represent him. He had been sentenced to 20 years to life in prison.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/02/24/connecticuts-top-court-to-hear-kennedy-cousin-murder-case.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back