Identified! CT - New Britain, Wht/HispFem 175UFCT, 17-20, Sep'95 - Elizabeth Honsch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also haven't followed this as closely as I would have liked, and my folks live VERY close to the mall where these bodies were found. I'm over there nearly every day and somehow missed the info identifying Diane Cusack on the local news.
And because of the recent developments there is now a seperate thread on the 2 other JDs! This is a great step in the right direction! Also I'm really excited that LE has connected the Tolland JD w/ the younger New Britain JD as mother and daughter. Perhaps this extra bit of info will bring us that much closer to their names!

Does anyone here live in the Albany NY area who can spare couple of days of time to go around to the local public libraries?

The following link is a Google map of Albany, pinpointing all of the high schools in the area.
http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-...iBTNOULpSmsQPG_pD3Bw&ved=0CCwQtgMwAA&t=h&z=12

Classmates.com has begun publishing high school yearbooks for schools around the country, and they are adding new yearbooks every day. However, they do not yet have the 1994 or 1995 yearbooks for any of the schools in Albany.

There appears to be approximately 10 - 15 high schools in the Albany area. Public Libraries usually have the yearbooks for the schools in their vicinity. This Jane Doe appears to be between 16 and 18 years old. If someone in the Albany area had a few days of available time to go around to the Albany area public libraries, I bet that they would be able to find this girl in one of the 1994 or 1995 high school yearbooks.

Carl: i think this is a great idea. the "daughter" JD in New britain does look teenage to me as well. that might be the best shot!
personally i believe a likely scenario here is: the woman and her daughter moved to the US from their country of origin (mexico, P.R., etc) to NY for a better life...like so many others. Mass, CT & NY have big latino communities. possibly the two women moved to NY and hooked up with friends of friends with a link to the US. maybe it was a person the mother was in a relationship with, or someone they fell in with. I think it could be someone the mother was involved with, and for whatever reason killed her and as a result, her daughter. Their being from a different country is a probable answer for why no one has been able to indentify them.
also, i think both composites are lousy... its something id like to get into eventually. a realistic portrait of these women might make all the difference. if the pics had better facial characteristics id do it myself!

Since posting that message, I learned that Classmates.com only publishes yearbooks for 1988 and prior. So they won't be publishing any books that might include the New Britain Daughter Doe.

She's in NamUs now:

https://identifyus.org/cases/9721

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2702dfct.html

I found this case on Doe. It's not right to be our girl, but I thought this was interesting:

Rosa Valentin was last seen on July 26, 1986, walking home from work. Witnesses told police that she was picked up by a Hispanic man driving a white Ford Mustang Cobra. She was never seen again. She was seen with registered sex offender, Pedro Miranda, from New Britain. Rosa had told her sister that she had recently met Miranda and "thought he was nice." Miranda was interviewed Hartford police. He denied being with Rosa and said he last saw her on July 25, the day before she disappeared.
Pedro Miranda was charged in December 2008 in connection to the homicides of Rosa Valentin and two other Hartford girls during the 1980s, 13-year-old Mayra Cruz and Carmen Lopez, 17. DNA found on Carmen Lopez's body matched Miranda, who police had looked as they investigated the disappearance of the other girls.
Valentin's body has never been found, and she is presumed dead.

He is from the area and apparently targeted Hispanic women.
He was targeting women in this area as early as the 1980's but was apparently never caught until 2008.

Lurline appears to have a widow's peak hairline. The UID doesn't appear to have one, though her face is tilted slightly so it is hard to see the center of her hairline.

Jane Doe Investigation in Massachusetts and Connecticut
Possible Serial Killer Case
Updated: Sunday, 27 Feb 2011, 1:30 PM EST
Published : Saturday, 26 Feb 2011, 5:46 PM EST

http://www.myfoxboston.com/dpp/news...ion-in-massachusetts-and-connecticut-20110226

Thanks to Carl for pointing to theses threads :)

That link isn't working. I think this is the same story: http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/17677823/jane-doe-investigation-in-massachusetts-and-connecticut

It's a good one, with information about how the investigation has been conducted.

Omayra Velasquez seems like a fairly obvious possible match considering she is a young hispanic female missing out of CT. She went missing in 1993 out of Bridgeport. The age is close and physical seems to match. Does anyone know if she was submitted?

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/v/velasquez_omayra.html

Attachments

• velasquez_omayra.jpg
    velasquez_omayra.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 21
  • 175UFCT2.jpg
    175UFCT2.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 19
Omayra Velasquez seems like a fairly obvious possible match considering she is a young hispanic female missing out of CT. She went missing in 1993 out of Bridgeport. The age is close and physical seems to match. Does anyone know if she was submitted?

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/v/velasquez_omayra.html

Yes, she has been submitted, and I am guessing she was ruled out. But New Britain LE does not give much info regarding who has been ruled out. They have looked at many more people than the list of rule-outs shown in NamUs.

Yes, she has been submitted, and I am guessing she was ruled out. But New Britain LE does not give much info regarding who has been ruled out. They have looked at many more people than the list of rule-outs shown in NamUs.

I figured. That's a shame about the LE...

Remember that in this case, we are not just looking for a missing girl, but also a missing girl whose mother is also missing.

Remember that in this case, we are not just looking for a missing girl, but also a missing girl whose mother is also missing.

Yes, but the mother could very well be an illegal immigrant and never reported as a missing person. I wish we knew who reported Omayra missing. Even if Omayra is not a match at all, both mother and daughter could be illegal immigrants. This would make it very difficult to identify them if there is'nt anyone to come forward and report them missing.

Just went backwards and read all posts. Omayra was brought up a couple times (by you as well Carl). Did you submit her yourself? I was also quite shocked a pedophile/serial killer that targeted young hispanic/girls and women was operating during the dates of all these deaths in that area. As mentioned by IrishEyes below.

I found this case on Doe. It's not right to be our girl, but I thought this was interesting:

Rosa Valentin was last seen on July 26, 1986, walking home from work. Witnesses told police that she was picked up by a Hispanic man driving a white Ford Mustang Cobra. She was never seen again. She was seen with registered sex offender, Pedro Miranda, from New Britain. Rosa had told her sister that she had recently met Miranda and "thought he was nice." Miranda was interviewed Hartford police. He denied being with Rosa and said he last saw her on July 25, the day before she disappeared.
Pedro Miranda was charged in December 2008 in connection to the homicides of Rosa Valentin and two other Hartford girls during the 1980s, 13-year-old Mayra Cruz and Carmen Lopez, 17. DNA found on Carmen Lopez's body matched Miranda, who police had looked as they investigated the disappearance of the other girls.

He was targeting women in this area as early as the 1980's but was apparently never caught until 2008.

No, I didn't submit Omayra's name.

I wouldn't mind submitting her when I get home from work this afternoon. Hopefully they will be willing to state if she was excluded. She seems a little too obvious for it not to be looked into.

just an update on Omayra Velasquez as a possible match. Lori Bruski, who is the Namus administrator working on her case has gotten back to me and here is her response....

Hi Jillian,

Thank you for the submission. This proposed match has been made before but the investigators are still trying to obtain enough biometric data to confirm or deny this proposed match.

Thank you,
Lori

Lori Bruski
Regional Systems Administrator
National Missing & Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Misty Dawn Thompson went missing from a foster home August 1993, she was 15 then, could her bio Mom have helped in her running away and bio Mom isn't listed as missing?
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/t/thompson_misty.html She favors this Jane, in my opinion...
thompson_misty.jpg

Misty has just been added to the "Missing" persons sites!

On and interesting note, I recall, that Pedro Miranda's last know address was Oak St in New Britain. Coincidently, Oak St, was also Diane Cusacks last know address.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23